CANTERBURY KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Page  <1 6061626364 271>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:40pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yep i'm clear for the sounds trip though im gonna make a final decision with the weather and stuff!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:44pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Snapper do not care about the weather. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:09am
fear no fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice call Militaris.

It amazes me at the near perfect conditions people require before they will go on the water......

A little bit of wind and rain doesn't bother the fish and certainly doesn't bother me now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:12am
Silver
Silver

Yakkaman is going to be on CTV today, not sure when the program goes to air, but if you want to see our dynamic Club President on the telly check it out.

Doug, maybe you could give some more details of the show Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:44am
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well move over Matt Watson, actually he did look a bit lost kayak fishing a bit different than jumping round on a boat.

I have been asked since Mark was busy mmm LOL to aapeear on the CTV as part of the Fishing paper free i copies in the selected sports shops.

Going in blind as was told just turn up with a mission 390 so thanks Craig for the loan of yours Clap

We spot them on the finder and catch them on our rods !!!

Tell ya all about it at the meeting tomorrow night.

P.S hope we can get alone of a cam and do some live footage.

100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:28pm
orca7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

a
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:29pm
orca7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

stupid computor !Angry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:34pm
orca7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It was an interesting avo in the studio....ya did good doug. Now we just need to remind everyone that your kayaks are meant to be used and are not just garage ornimentsShocked
also those coming to Okiwi scrub up ya gear as you may be on tv to, Crimpy may come and do some filming of us as a club.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:26am
grimace View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Must be time to paint my seat then...
Cobra Fish and Dive - Sjørøver II
ZMU7181
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:00am
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

New Barracuda fishing kayak will be on display at meeting tonight

The store is full with the container load of kayaks arriving yesterday, so bring a chair we could be outside this evening.

The Fishing Paper Show is on Saturday's CTV 7.30pm. The show which represents kayak fishing 20th November.
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:16am
Silver
Silver

Had a look at the Fluid Bamba yesterday. Paddlerzone have brought some in from South Africa. Looks very good. Hull is based on the swing.

4.25m long
800mm wide
30kg

I am going to take it for a test paddle this weekend, probably at Scarborough so i can test it in the surf. If anyone is interested in having a play on the water this weekend let me know.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:11pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Il be  keen for a blast, I want to try all these new ones before I decide on another, must admit I enjoyed paddling the tourqe and the 4.5 last weekend at pegasus lake, pity some one forgot to chuck on the 4.7
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:35pm
Silver
Silver

Going for a paddle at Scarborough on Sunday morning approx 10.30am. Launching at the boat ramp. Will have the new Fluid Bamba to test.

A few guys from the meeting tonight are keen. A good chance to get wet and maybe try some other yaks. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:37pm
Silver
Silver

Merman, if the Bamba is going to be like I think it is I could have an Elite going cheap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:03pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep Ive still got your one in mind, I lost your number since the last time I was meant to have a look, then all these newbies started coming out, like you Im in test mode at the mo but  I prob want something with a dry bulkhead at front like 4.5 and 4.7 .are you able to bring it down to, I might bring my eco and blast for a paddle to taylors  afterwards
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:00am
Silver
Silver

Yep, can bring the prowler 4.5 along on Sunday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 1:59pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

sat in the bamba today at paddlerzone, to me what can I say me and it are almost 1 lol, I like everything about it, probably the fact I would be able to put my speargun tucked up in the pod nicely as well,  the pods with there bungs ready to  fill with water to put paua in mussles etc ,crays and fish would be better to chuck in front pod with lid, its like a floating live tank lol, lets just see how performs in the sea in the weekend for me, dont think the barracuda one is me though I was to scared to touch the bloody thing thought I was going to break it in half and didnt feel like we were a good match for each other haha    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 5:21pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Divorce the cuda, take the sexy one bamba she sounds sexy mmm especially if she lets  ya insert ya spear gun.

Do I call you bambi now then?Big smile
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 5:22pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yep, somebody spent some serious time thinking on the bamba,( shame about the name though!just a little girly.) some realy cool ideas there! i hope it turns out to be a great paddle, certainly looks stable to the max. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 8:43am
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

right I at scarb 1015 ish(will wait for a bit) so if any one shows up or not Im still going to paddle out to taylors black rock  so dont be scared to get your paddles wet, see who ever there  
Page  <1 6061626364 271>