CANTERBURY KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Page  <1 5859606162 271>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 8:00am
fear no fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ok, I will ask again, anyone want to wet a line this weekend?

Forecast looks good for almost anywhere this weekend, but looking to stay reasonably local. Maybe Long Bay.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 9:01am
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

2 of us heading out of Sumner in the morning if your interested.
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 10:39am
orca7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

looking at trying a new spot north of Amberley rocks on sat.
May be a ten min walk with yaks on wheels but working on that. contacting farmer today, to see if we will be able to drive down .
he has no prob with walking across his property. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 3:50pm
Silver
Silver

Amberley is out as the Waimak is dirty and so is the coastline. Plus not sure about all the crap (literally) that has come out of Kaiapoi in the last 4 weeks. Going to see if we can get access at long bay.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 8:44pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

did you get out today doug, went to the ramp for a drive and only saw a couple of lads down there ready to head out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote orca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 9:54pm
orca7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

great day on the water,wind got up a little but still fishable.... 19 blue cod and our quoter on paua toWink
So where was everyone else
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 3:14pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was at payless plastics blenhiem rd today at closing down sale and kayak leg straps are $19.95 if you are interested there are a few left
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 7:05pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Merman saw ya turning into sumner actually followed ya from brighton.

Took a mate out for his first paddle only prob he was hung ova so sea sickness got him and that was the end of it.
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 7:57pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jus a reminder meeting tomorrow night at paddlerzone 6-7pm

Suggestions welcome for comps see you all there!!!
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:51am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ha! i'm still here and still watching. all being well i should be back next wednesday and looking to catch a fish or 2 on the weekend!Smile 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:53am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

oh! ahh! and im still keen as for the naki comp. im broke anyhow so wtf!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 10:38am
Silver
Silver

Hey guys

I am organising a trip to Shag Point (10 minutes from Moreaki) for labour weekend.

If you are interested let me know asap as I need to look at accommodation options. There are no cabins let at the Moreaki Camping Ground. There are some holiday homes available but we need a few people to make these cost effective.

Contact me on 021 4222 81 or post on here.

Cheers
Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:25pm
Silver
Silver

Hey Guys

Me again. Also planning a trip to Okiwi Bay (Marlborough Sounds) for show weekend. Friday 12th November to Sunday 14th November. Those of you who were there last year will remember it as an enjoyable weekend.

My plan at this stage is to go up on the Thursday night (11th Nov) and home on the Sunday night (14th Nov)

The plan this year is to do it over a long weekend to try and spend as much time on the water as possible. Last year was a bit rushed as it is a long drive up and back (4 1/2 hours approx). Plus I am not coming home until I get my first snapper off my yak.

There are a couple of fishing locations available depending on the weather etc........as we discovered last year.

There are a number of accommodation options available. Last year we had a couple of great houses (baches) between 11 of us yakkers plus Doug's family. It would be great if we could get similar or greater numbers again this year. This is a great weekend away and a could chance to get to know, have a drink with, learn from and gereally talk **** with fellow club members.

It is also a nice spot to take families if you want to bring them along.

Once again, we need to know numbers for this one so we can organise accommodation. There should be options for people to team up with transportation etc to help keep individual costs down a bit.

From memory, I think accommodation was approx $35 per person per night, that was for 6 of us in one house.

If you are interested let me know. Once we book accommodation deposits will be required as once the accommodation is booked it has to be paid for.

I will send out an email as well.

Thanks to those who have replied about the Shag Point trip. Only 2 starters at this stage........me & Clive.

Cheers
Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 1:38pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi all, i'm backSmile.
is anyone keen to do something on saterday? i'm looking at peraki as the swell looks good and the wind although a bit strong, is offshore.
i mite be keen for okiwi,will let ya know!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 1:39pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

definatly a non starter for shaggers though cos i'll be up at wanganui.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:29pm
Silver
Silver

Tom, Can you give ma a call re shag point. 021 4222 81 I have lost your number.

Cheers
Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:04pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

7lb.  caught on rod and line!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:28pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice sized cray - well done
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fear no fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 9:16am
Silver
Silver

Nice one Olly. Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 6:36pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bl**dy tourists come back to ChCh 5mins and pilage LOL, hey bud now we know where to drop our pots ssshhhh now don't be telling all our secrets. 
100% Fishing!!!
Page  <1 5859606162 271>