CANTERBURY KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Page  123 271>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CANTERBURY KAYAK FISHING CLUB
    Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:04pm
onthefly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Canterbury yakkers met on thursday evening at "Paddler Zone" and voted to formalise the group into an official club. We are keen to welcome new members on board and liaise with other clubs. Watch this site.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:45pm
grimace View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How about a link to our wee website?

http://canterburykayakfishingclub.weebly.com/
Cobra Fish and Dive - Sjørøver II
ZMU7181
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:54pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just updated our website and gave it a good clean up somethings i can not change as they are the only photo's i have at this stage.
I registered new phrases to link us to google searches

Give it ten minutes and everything should be published through the weebly server.
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 7:44am
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i went to the CFFC lastnight as guest of Onthefly a fantastic night of club speakers, presentations were assisted on a projecter with huge screen a fly tying demo, guide explaining most common mistakes when presenting to fish and much more.

A WELL ORGANISED AGENDA AND RECKONMEND ATTENDANCE

CLARK REID NEXT MONTH

THX CFFC
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:46pm
onthefly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A reminder about surf practice on sunday. would all interested parties contact me by saturday, ( I will be home cleaning house) to arrange final time and meeting place. tides are favourable to fish either before or after depending on consensus.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 4:37pm
onthefly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Four members of The club enjoyed playing in the surf at Sumner on a warm and beautiful day. Swapping kayaks and practicing surfing,landing and launches we all learned a great deal about our and our kayaks capability in surf situations. Whats more it was bloody good exercise and fun. Three retired to Scarboro Fair for coffee and cakes afterward.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 8:12pm
Goobie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes it was fun. When landing it's definitely a case of 'the faster you go the bigger the mess'. I'm thinking if I was loaded up with fishing gear I'd be better off paddling in backwards.. to see the waves coming better, make sure I'm facing waves straight on, and easily move forward into the waves if they're big and about to break on the kayak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swell geeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 9:26pm
swell geeza View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yeah, just like to thank the three of you for a good paddle in the surf   it was a laugh eh, never really thought of paddling in backwards though,but will definitley give it a go next time out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 10:17pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Another way with big waves, is to jump out and lie on the back of your yak with your legs hanging out the back as a rudder - works well

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 7:40pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jumping on the back would be the only wa i could safely get in without being rolled and turtled  why do you thik i didn't want to practice LOL
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobe yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 7:06pm
tobe yak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Im going up to Kaikoura for the weekend i have something on Fridayand Saturday night.

Anyone intersted in a fish and or a dive let me know. Sea is easing Saturday morning high tide around 9.00 am.
Southwest swell is easing, im thinking of trying the north side south bay it should be sheltered from the swell if it hasn't eased
Gold fish gatherer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 7:23pm
Goobie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Toby, the wife said you rang. I had a look at swellmap for saturday morning and for just north of Kaikoura it's predicting up to 4m waves and 2m swells, I'll give it a miss this time. Might be going to Wainui with the family on saturday, so may take the kayak and fish somewhere in Akaroa harbour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:49pm
onthefly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

someone is just a big girls blouse, but no names eh? I will be heading off to Moana friday for a wknd with the flyfishing club. I plan to target some small lakes in the yak. Good luck everyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 10:22pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kaikoura fished well for me last weekend.... Caught 5 or so blue cod in about 30 minutes once I discovered their reef system. When I was not fishing the 'reef' it was very slow. If I was serious about fishing I probably would of gotten my limit.

Swell is to large for me to travel down there this weekend. If it drops to below a meter I would reconsider it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobe yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 5:42pm
tobe yak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Come on lads its not that bad. 10 knots Saturday swell is easing, i've gotta go anyway so i'll let ya know next week how it went.

I can almost taste the blue Cod now, but i'll save the boasting till i get back(something about counting your chickens until they.... awe i forget how it goes now)
Enjoy ya fires n wollie rugs.
Gold fish gatherer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:12pm
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm playing it by ear her indoors wants a few things done round home might get a break for one day.
100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:37pm
kj View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi all, work on the constitution is well under way- been delayed by the arrival of another little yak fisho  a week ago. I'm gearing the constitution to get it "incorporation" ready so there's nothing to do should we decide to go down that road.... incorporation costs $100 but will cover all members and exec. officers against being sued should the organization stuff up and get sued or go bust or something... like registering a limited liability company effectively. Highly recommended but an additional cost. Anyhow the constitution will be compliant with company office rules once done so it is easy enough to do. So ????? time:

Name of Club: Canterbury Kayak fishing club or Canterbury Kayak fishing Association or Olly and the lost boys or whatever.... feed back please!

Objectives: We need to specify the intent of the club, My thinking is:
* To promote safe, responsible and enjoyable participation in the sport of kayak fishing
* to provide fellowship for kayakfishers
* to promote sharing of ideas and techniques amongst Kayak fishers
* to coordinate and promote sanctioned kayak fishing trips and competitions.
* to foster networks to facilitate regular social trips.

Once again your thoughts.

Onto the Executive body:
My thinking is titled officers + 2 exec members "at large"- again your thoughts.

Cheers for the time you will take in responding to all this....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:16pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looks good kj "ollie and the try hards" sounds better thoughLOL
on another note i had a chat with a work mate and she went fer a cruse out to the mussel farms at port levi the weekend , while they were there they decided to drop a line as there were loads of fish showing on the sounder, they caught 3 moki and some other bits and bobs on very small hooks with mussel, apparently the water was filthy, and im wondering wether moki may feed confidently during the day when the waters dirty? . not many people seem to fish the farms over that way,ive often wondered if kingies could be an option too. the farms round at pidgion bay are easily accessed from little p bay no more than 10 mins paddle Ermm food for thaught me thinkses 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yakkaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 7:33am
yakkaman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Congrats Thumbs%20Up on the new arrival Kj and well done with Constitution looking gooood we can organise agenda for next meeting and your info will be on it.

100% Fishing!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 12:39pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sorry kj. missed the first bitEmbarrassed!!!! many congratsClap on the new addition.

Page  123 271>