20/20 any comments

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20/20 any comments
    Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 9:19am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

???,

I saw the tail end of it (re poachers), it least I know who to run the boat into if I see him out on the water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kahawai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 9:42am
Kahawai View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I saw a bit of it as well. That guy needs to be stopped alright, how the hell can he seek compensation for being arrested after caught poaching.   And he calls it Paua Fishing, taking as much as he can and flogging it off in dodgy deals.  Jerks like that annoy me.

Kahawai

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 11:04am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I didn't see it, but let's go easy on these poor poachers... he probably had a bad childhood experience after being read "Where the wild things are" or something like that... Like frick! Take his boat, his bloody cellphone and his kids off him and throw him in the slammer for 10!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 11:08am
Snapatak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

But after all the questioning he still said he's not going to stop?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 11:09am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh well, cut his hands off!... Problem solved!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 11:09am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That show certianly did nothing for these scum.....After the shorts I was hoping he was going to "convince" me that there are legitimate reasons for poaching (aka paua fishing), but alas this was not the case and through all his bravado you could tell he was nothing but the lieing mofo that he was!

A public "shucking" is in order!!!
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 12:09pm
Paul M View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Give the guy a break...its not his fault he has 10 kids, if you were unemployed that long what else are you going to do.

Good argumentment for means testing idiots that keep bringing inocent babies into the world with no way of supporting them.

I mean ...when he had 9 kids where things looking so peachy he thought f**k it Ill have another.

Ive never been unemployed in my life and I can't afford more than three kids??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 2:07pm
Cookie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

10 kids + him and the missus = 12 
multplied x 10 paua per day = 120
multiplied x 7 days a week = 840
multiplied x 52 weeks a year = 43680 paua per annumn

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 5:16pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

personally i think that it is wrong to have 10 children if you can't support them. i am not working my ass off to have a decent life so that my taxes go to supporting someone elses children. if i want to have children i will take into account whether or not i can feed them, and not look to the government for handouts.

this guy admitted that he cannot survive on JUST the dole, so he poaches. aahhhh poor fella. here, have my money then?????? not

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 5:40pm
tonto View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

CJ the problem is YOU ARE WORKING YOUR ARSE OFF TO PAY FOR HIS KIDS.

but hey the poor bugger could not afford a tv so what else was he gunna do!!!

reminds me of forest gump, paua and beans, paua and rice, paua salad, paua stew.........

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 5:45pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wonder if this hero knows what the word "JOB" means
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 6:07pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I suggest you ask some on the solo benifit what they are getting. 10 kidz, Iwould bet hes on well over $1000 per week.
He wanted to put his side, wonder, if after hes watched it, if hes proud now or just dosnt care
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 7:28pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

im stopping at one child...even that'll break my bank.. 'bistard, alan bistard'
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1000PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 8:06pm
1000PA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Aw, c'mon youse guys, youse guys weren't using your paua that day so he just collected it for ya didn't he?

An after he'd done collecting it he used the "midnight drivers courier service" to collect it and distribute it to the "midnight spares wharehouse" for packing and value added presentation eh!

An suppose it ends up in asia somewhere on the table, we weren't using it were we?

Then he gets nicked an says hes going out again, an guess what, we get to pay the bills! He's got it sused an we're the silly buggars eh.

So stop the belly aching an get out there and strip everything youse can from the foreshore coz its your right eh! I reckon I'll have a go at that after I get the machine gun fitted to my boat.

NOT!!!!!

Ross

Fishing-4-all-NZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote empty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 9:04pm
empty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mmmmmmm wonder if a warning shot between the eyes would slow him down and make him think twice about doing it again
what happened to the pissing man?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 8:54am
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Barrie, interesting what you said about dole payments.

Sometime last year there was a doco on a solo mother with 7 kids, she was a nurse, but wasn't working because she got more off Helen than she would from working ($700 a week in the hand). she said if she went to work she would have to pay daycare etc. This way she spends more time with them.

Paua poacher

If he gets sent down we will be paying twice, once to support his kids and twice to pay for him to be locked up.

Just imagine how gutted the MFish guys feel after a program like that. Talk about laughing in your face.

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 2:32pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good point about the moral factor naki.

same goes for hardworking people with two/three kids trying to make ends meet when this w**ker has ten kids, and manages to own a boat, dive gear etc from illegal activities and the dole.

anyone who knows how i can get started in black marketeering please PM me!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TheSnapperWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 4:55pm
TheSnapperWhisperer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pity MFish doesn't take a leaf out of Auckland City Council's book, and start giving commissions on fine they dish out, and boats confiscated.  And give the rest of the mioney to MFish.  Of course, Aunty Helen is taking all the money from fines instead, and the $28M a year from speed camera fines, and using it to pay out more in dole money and special education programes for the people we are trying to catch.  Seems a bit circular, doesn't it?

You guys should see the abalone poachers in South Africa.  You can spot them because they are the only ones with big fast boats, so they can outrun law enforcement.  When I was there a couple of years ago the police helicopters would run down the coast watching them.  Pretty hard to catch though, with such a big coastline.  They swim the abalone in and hide it up the beach, then get someone else to pick it up at night. All very professionally run.  But at least the law enforcement there is credible.  We need more than a few retired volunteers fisheries officers, give MFish the money from fines and confiscations!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kylie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2004 at 11:49pm
Kylie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Does algal bloom actually kill the shellfish ???   or does it just make them unfit to eat.  Now theres an idea brewing
If the world didn't suck we'ed all fall off!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2004 at 1:16pm
Snuffit View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

According to Coast Watch last night, it's a $38 million (per annum) 'industry'. Based on that stat, the guy on 20/20 would have to be a complete moron to actually get caught! As for having so many kids.... what can you say? My neighbour has 4 children to 3 different fathers, 2 of whom are in prison. She gets a benefit which has allowed her to build a new house (albeit in her parents back yard = no cost for the land) and keeps in a lifestyle of doing sod all and yelling at the kids day and night. At least she doesn't smoke. However, plenty resentment that I work 10-12 hour days to make ends meet.

Swim the poachers on the Ranfurley Banks with bleeding possums tied to their appendages. The ocean deserves having something put back into the food chain, even if it is scum.

"I didn't crawl my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables" - anon