Where are folk from?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gordon G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are folk from?
    Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 4:46pm
Gordon G View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Kerren

The forum seems to be plenty successful and I was wondering if you are able to look at the geographical distribution of folk?  Guess its just the isolation getting to me down here.  I'd guess that 95% of members are North Islanders though.  Its not a complaint though - if you lot have to put up with all them mad spear fisherman thats ok with me !!!

Cheers

Gordon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 7:12pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gordon...the positive is that if you holliday up north ,there will be lots of ppl to take you out to fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 11:29pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think the spear fishermen got that way doing deep dives down south in the Fiords. I think most of us are nth islanders, mainly aucklanders. I would like to hear from others around the country, I reckon there's nothing better than fishing a "new" place.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 7:20am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi ya Gordon....I can indeed extract information about geographical loccations...my question is, what do you want me to do with said information?...
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gordon G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 8:54am
Gordon G View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Kerren

Its nothing kinky (leave that to the spearos), I was just wondering if you could tell generally where folk are from.  I'm a bit mad keen on fishing right now which I think is pretty common from Poms like me who are used to canals, the odd pond and a sea full of umentionables.  From the posts I read on this board though it seems fishing is much more popular in the North island but I don't know how that really reflects things and is maybe just to do with computer usage or something (they say down here that you lot don't work that hard and have more time to spare!).   So just curious I guess as to why it looks like most folk are based in the North and if thats really true.

Cheers

Gordon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 9:21am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good stuff Gordon...allow me to collate some facts and figures for you...watch this space!

(they say down here that you lot don't work that hard and have more time to spare!)...this maybe so matey, but ya have to ask the question...who are the mugs and who are the smart ones in this equation??..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joseph Lau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 12:55pm
Joseph Lau View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Gordon, I just entertained a guy from Christchurch for night fishing the other night and guess what, that was the worst night fishing I have ever had. Not sure what you south islanders possess, but fish just clammed up as soon as any of the southerners are onboard. He would be here for another two weeks so I would try to put some Auckland back into this southerner who was an ex-Aucklander...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 9:09pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I must take issue as a keen spearo at the insinuations that we as a group are all mad. Myself , well I may be borderline and I can understand you forum folk thinking that some of us (Long John , Reid Fish and Paul Mathews) have in fact been "certified" in the past and are slowly readjusting to life in a "normal" community as part of the recent mental health reforms. The amount of time they spend holding their breaths  is staggering (Reidfish has done nearly 4 minutes lying in the bottom of a  swimming pool) but of course leaves it mark. In all honesty LOng John is probably in the top 5 spearfisherman in the country and he hasn't been diving for more than 3 years!! Young Paul mathews is also a top freediver and regularly hunts depths that most scuba divers do not frequent much.

Please feel free to continue to ask us any serious questions and we will do our best to give you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Russ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Morepork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 8:38pm
Morepork View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Isnt that the member's location that I spy immediately below all those pretty stars
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Morepork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 8:43pm
Morepork View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Maybe a Member Directory that a member elects to have all/some of their details published
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2003 at 8:30am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We could even have a mug shot gallery or something.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2003 at 8:49am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you really want to see what Lethal "really" get's up to with all these big snapper he catches??....

In all seriousness...i like the idea of members being able to add more detail/information to their User profiles....will see what needs to be reasearched and developed!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2003 at 10:59pm
alan View Drop Down
New User
New User

not sure if it helps but some other sites have member maps where each persons location is posted.an example can be seen at fishsa.com.au

only an idea from someone outside nz.

p.s. enjoying the site now all i need is to now what fish ya talkin about

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2003 at 5:33am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Alan
Come on over and we will show you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2003 at 1:30am
alan View Drop Down
New User
New User

thanks if i ever get any money i will

for now i will have to settle for fishing over here,hope to get out this week and try for some snapper