Best Chilly bin

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Royze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Chilly bin
    Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 7:09pm
Royze View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ok you guys, I need a bigger chilly bin and I would like to know what you think is the best product in nz and where I can get hold of one for the best price? Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 7:12pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The best Icey tek, Where?, how much? do a google search for NZ
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote delabrown@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 7:42pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The supercheap ones are solid with a squab are good. Just came back from five days at the beach and the salted ice lasted until we got home. Just may not be long enough for you.
---/---
Better a Slackline that goes Tight than a Tightline that Goes Snap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 7:49pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how big is bigger? they have some no-name blue bins at hammer hardware in howick. 60l for $195. the ones that look like icy tek, very high quality by the looks.

don't waste money on ice-kool bins, overpriced and not well designed in my opinion/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ski  da mofo!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 7:58pm
ski da mofo!! View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

this is a 160 litre icetec long enuf for kingys,puka,tuna or mahimahi of course anything shorter as well.think next one down is 115 l  but big king poss wouldnt fit.theres also the "cube "options depending on the space you have available but not much good for long fish...very happy with the performance ice wise but try not to open too much ie we keep the beer in an easy acess chilly bin  but keep the spare supply in the big boy!
BIG FISH IS WHERE ITS AT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rumblefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:10pm
Rumblefish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i own an icey tech and an ice kool cj is right about ice kool ski also right about icey tech(more durable better hinges and handles)I use an icey tech plumbed for livies as they have two bungs with strainers covering the holes so water can come in one and go out the other works perfect,seems the icey tech body is more durable as well.
ssssh ,act straight here comes Frank   -kq
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Royze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:46pm
Royze View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Im looking for a bin about 110ltr size and its got to be rectanglar, it sounds as if the ice-tek ones are the goThumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:55pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sailors Cnr had 15% off Icey TeK in Dec. Got mine then but not sure if still on special.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Old Fart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 9:24pm
Old Fart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got one of those blue no name chilli bins like Canadian John was talking about, sort of Icey Tec type, sturdy as hell, can stand on them, could float home in it if u had to. those hollow plastic types last about 5 min before they crack and split. For around the same price u can buy something that will last forever. Qaulity is never dear.
I wish I could catch as many fish as my wife does.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 9:55pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Delcoro make a "no-name" 5 day chilli bin that i picked up at the boat show for a really good price - 105 litres that holds a 120cm kingi and makes a good casting platform too.  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pockets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 9:48am
Pockets View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I'd try Decoro Fishing Supplies in Tauranga
90 percent of fishing tackle is made to catch fishermen, not fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:20am
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

had a decoro one for the last 12 months and love it, haven't had to keep ice in it for days on end, but one time when i forgot to clean it, it still had ice in 3 days later
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 7:11pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tip : freeze 3 litre juice bottles with a good handful of salt in it. Salted water freezes at -7c and releases all of the energy on the transition between solid and liquid but 7 degrees earlier. Nice and easy to do, cheap and clean way to keep fish fresh. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:06pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Joker... Ive tried juice bottles, milk bottles all sorts of plastic bottles but none work as well as tip top ice cream containers... do as you do but fill container to the top, overflowing and place lid on and freeze... place one or two in your bin and they will stay frozen all day.. Must be something to do with the type of plastic they use for ice cream...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doubie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 8:17am
Doubie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

*fisher* - love that tagline of yoursLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 9:45pm
fozzie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wife works for Mitre 10 Mega in Albany, they sell the Icey tek models, they promise to be the cheapest or beat the price by 15 %, not sure what area you are in, but if you have a close Mega Mitre 10, would be a hard deal to beat.Thumbs%20Up
Dont take life too seriously.....no one gets out alive any way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 10:01pm
poly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

got one of the decoro ones as well, rekon they pretty good value for money burnsco stock the decoro ones as well if you not in the tauranga mount area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 10:07pm
DIY! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Decoro have a no name type bin that does the trick, I weighed this up earlier too and I am very happy with that it will stay cold with salt ice for three or so days (heaps of ice) Check them on the web or pm oroced (Matt)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 10:16pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another option would be the Coleman 95L extreme Cooler, they seem to be around $100 cheaper then the Icey TeK with similar dimensions.  They claim that they "keeps ice up to 5 days at 37°C"  

http://www.colemannz.co.nz/products/COCOH1176

Going into town to have a look at a few myself,  I did google search the coleman ones and they do seem to be quite popular overseas.  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doubie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 10:26pm
Doubie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Militaris - keen to hear the report if you end up buying oneThumbs%20Up
Page  12>