site looks great but what about?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: site looks great but what about?
    Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 7:04am
Cookie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Site looks great guys and not trying to point the bone, but ever since Peter Francis left the fishing reports for Wellington have almost disappeared (I'm not sure if this is the same for the rest of the country).
For me as a new comer to the scene the reports keep me geed up and let you know what's happening in your immediate area. Obviously it is a big ask to expect the reporting team to put fingers to the key boards all the time, but it gives you heart to know that the fish are out there, at what depths and baits to use etc.
The ultimate for me would be a fishing report from some guru on the Kapiti coast as this is more in my zone.
Any way just an observation, not trying to be negative
 and ABs by 10 this weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 7:12am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fair comments Mike! I too would like to see an increase in nation-wide reports! As the reports are generated by user-input my suggestion would be to either start the ball rolling by providing a report of your own or tell a "local guru" about this site and get them to put "pen to paper"!...email me if you would like any further details on "how to", I will go about answering your questions!!...
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Sprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 7:51am
Jack Sprat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ohh, I do like this new forum. But yeah, I'm with you Mike, I'd like some info on The Kapiti side as well, I'll be out there on Thursday if this weather continues to improve. If I get lucky, I'll post a report.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 8:02am
Cookie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If the weather stays like it is today Jacko thursday should be a beauty. Powered our way to the island on Saturday from Otaki and have to say I wont be doing that again in a south easterly. If the blue cod size was 320mm we would of had a boat full but as it ended up we got a couple of nice keepers. Just good to get the lines back in the water after all the weather we have had lately.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 3:54pm
Grant View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Gidday Kerren,

Perhaps you could touch base with one of the following representatives, (Got the info off this site in the club section so not sure how up-to date) and see if someone from Kapiti way wouldn't mind posting the odd report.

Raumati Sportfishing Inc.

Address: P.O. Box 2081, Raumati, Wellington

Phone: 04 902 4214

E-mail:
[email protected]

Plimmerton Boating Club

Address: 52 Airlie Road, Plimmerton, Wellington

Phone: 04 233 9069

E-mail:
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 4:04pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

...Great stuff Grant!....What I plan to do is let the dust settle over the forum release then I will go about hatching a plan to get the clubs and fishing reports flowing again!...I am sure we will get there!!...lets refer it to as "an awakening from hibanation"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 4:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think if you guys from Welly (or anywhere else) start a regular discussion then postings from your neck of the woods will increase. It worked for us Akl'ers. Bigger place I know but it will pick up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Sprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 6:00pm
Jack Sprat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Onya Smudge, I'm all for that!

I for one will start posting reports from Welly...til I move back to Auckland that is...next year me thinks, the wife and kids are coming round to the idea. I'll be up there in the next month or so, looking at boats and catching up with mates and family. It would be great to squeeze in a day out on the brine with some forum folk who know their shiet too.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 12:56pm
Paul M View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kerren,

Im a keen spearfisher, Im based in Wellington but notice a few other spearo's I know from other parts of the country showing up on this board from time to time.

How would you feel about setting up a spearo's corner. Normally Im reading fisho's reports to get a better idea of where to dive but understand it could work both ways with fisherman reading spearo's posts also.

Cheers Paul

This is a 50# kingi I took out at Kapiti at the end of Feb 2002

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 2:06pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

G'day Paul...

Ask and you shall have!!!

I was thinking about doing just that, as you have mentioned the two fractions of this sport of ours go hand in hand and there seems to be a good population of spear fishermen using the site...so lets accomodate them!!!...

All I ask for, is that in return you go about spreading the word that the forum exsists!

The forum will be called: "Spearo's Corner"

re: the image of your kingie..can you post the URL where the picture is hosted and I will investigate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2002 at 10:33am
Jo View Drop Down
New User
New User

I am quite happy to post reports as I get them, however due to the nature of "some" fishos. I will be keeping them reasonably obtuse. Most will be freshwater  though. I can only post what is reported to me though. Semm to spend more time doing angling administration than angling.

Jo

http://www.kapitiflyfishing.co.nz