Who are we?

Page  <12345 34>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2004 at 9:53pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wefaknis,

Hi I'm Wefaknis, Ive been sober now for 2 hours. I'm 28 years old, 2.5 children, I live In South Auckland (watch your wallet), Been fishing ever since I can remember, I'm a small boat fisherman so it's the inner harbour for me. If I'm not boating, i'm dirtbiking, so Ive got two black holes to pour any last money into. I must say its fishing that comsumes my small mind.

Oh yeah I'm not in the 20lb club yet, close but not yet.

I must say this fourm has improved my fishing greatly over the years cause of people like yourselves who share all this info.

Cheers

Wefaknis

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 12:49pm
Shadows View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Can somebody please enlighten me as to what TAS stands for????

I must have missed that thread

.;uuuuuuuuuuu555

;;;;;;;;;;;;]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]];;;]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]];;;]]]]]]]]dfgbb      

t

-ppppp.0.cdy,,/.p

4]|0000000000000000000000000000004rt  gy qr1">?Q#AAO1]ws    02222i222222200

Sorry, the baby just had to type something. Now have to wipe the drool off my keyboard and give her back to mum.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 3:29pm
HOOK View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

my doc told me its tackle addiction syndrome and spreads rapidly in those who spend time near/on the sea.  i told him my addiction was gettin stronger by the day and that i think i have a bad case of it, so anyway the doc recommended  i buy the new Shimano Calcutta 400TE and a TLD30 2 speed.............i am starting to feel a little better now, maybe well enough to go fishing, hehehe...............
Cheers

Marc

Rules of fishing:
Bait your own hook,clean your own fish, tell your own lies!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 3:38pm
HOOK View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

T.A.S (TACKLE ADDICTION SYNDROME)

my doctor told me its tackle addiction syndrome and that the symptons although gradual can rapidly spread in those who spend time on or near the sea.........after diagnosing me with TAS he prescribed me with a script for some good medicine..................2 days later and i am starting to feel like i am making some progress............the new shimano calcutta 400TE was the perfect prescription for my illness......infact i am starting to feel so much better i am ready to go fishing....hehehe

Cheers

Marc

Rules of fishing:
Bait your own hook,clean your own fish, tell your own lies!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 3:55pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow, this is a fantastic response from you fishos, good stuff, very interesting reading....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBoffshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 6:04pm
JBoffshore View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hi all,

real name is james and im 16 years old. i live by takapuna beach on the northshore. i love fishing especially off the rocks around great barrier where we visit once or twice a month for a weekend away.also enjoy game fishing. i love going surfing and sailing also.

b.m

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 8:59pm
Albatross View Drop Down
New User
New User

Howdy all.
.this thread looked like the best place to put my 1st post so here I go....
.I`m from Golden Bay and am known as Squid.
Was actively involved in the inshore fishing industry until 2 years ago when an accident put me on shore on a permanent basis.
I now design and make the HAPPY HOOKER range of lures for the commercial tuna fleet.Two years ago there were only 30 lures in use, now there are over 500 in use this season, with requests for more.The beauty of it is, it keeps me involved in the industry and lets me catch up on old friends.
I have three sons who also are active on the water.
My main interests are fishing , fishing, and fishing ,in that order.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Cheers
A.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 9:10pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome aboard Albert.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 9:20pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Likewise, welcome Albatross. You should have a lot of fun on this site.

Seems like we have a bit in common & probably know a few mutual fishing mates.

Will look forward to your reports.

Cheers. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 9:32pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishing, fishing, and fishing you say Albatross? Those sure are weird interests you've got there!

Welcome!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 10:14pm
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nobody cares, but:

Hi I am Marc. I'm an American from da great state of Kaliforania. I am 28 and happily married to a hot little Kiwi chick who was crafty enough to drag me down here. (Yes my wife does fish too.) I wasnt too keen on this place at first but it's growing on me. Once I get past driving on the wrong side of the road, your thing for Marmite, and the rain, you Kiwi's are alright.

We don't have any kids yet which enables me to get out and fish more frequently than most, so be jealous, BE VERY JEALOUS!

My homie "Master Limitless" has been teaching me how to fish from a Kayak this last year and every time I/we pull up to the beach or ramp, people look at us funny and say "You must be keen bro! Arent you worried about sharks?"

I'm more afraid of larger boats near me and yes sharks do scare me. In fact the first fish from the Kayak was an 8ft bronze whaler.

I am a grease monkey by trade so if you busted up your ride and cant get a WOF don't ask me cause I just might overcharge you for the information.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luxor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 10:31pm
luxor View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

shimma jim keep those letters coming. luxor
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MiLeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2004 at 10:42pm
MiLeT View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey I'm Mikel From Christchurch and i'm only 15!!Am i the youngest here??
I have lived in Christchurch All my life(not that anyone cares but i wana right it anyway)And I Go to kaikoura alllll the time to our bach for holidays.

I like to go surfcasting at birdlings flat,rock fishing at taylors mistake,all round saltwater fishing in kaikoura and snorkelling wherever i can.

I Like to go on fishing trips but i dont go on many.My Best trip was to Durville Island in marlborough sounds.

Sweet Catch ya all later

Peace Out,MiLeT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 6:47am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

MiLeT...you are number 6 under the 17yrs bracket i think, keep contributing matey as there is alot of very smart fisho's here and i think its great that your online....

Welcome aboard luxor...

You too albert..me ex commercial too, 2x albie seasons out of nelson mostly on Vagabond K and the Doreen and 3 yrs pillie fishing in whangarei....dont be shy to stick up for this sector as i do as often as i can, as there are alot of uninformed people out there, that need to be informed...thats if you care too...

Hellfish..have you been to HSB lately on the yak?

Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 7:57am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great to see all the new people in here over the last couple of weeks
Welcome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 8:51am
jerm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Haven't contributed much lately due to a busy season thanks to some great weather patterns. I'm Jeremy 35 married to Tash for the last 4 or so years and work play and sleep fishing. I'm the Auck / Nthlnd rep for Black Magic and am lucky enough to fish a few times a week.....no kids obviously. Been with BM for 1 and a half years and can safely say that I love my job and enjoy learning every day.

Have owned a 14ft Ramco for 6 years and had a V13 for 5 before that. Will probably never go bigger than my current boat as living in Auckland don't really see the need. We're in Bucklands Beach so able to get boat in the water in 20 mins for those spur of the moment trips.

I'm pretty much into all types of fishing and travel a bit obviously with the job to some pretty interesting spots. Very occassionally get large fish but the buzz to me is just being out there doing it.

Enjoy this forum and its reports - Kerren and co do a great job.

Pet hates - boats in the burley trail, immigrant ignorance, Half Moon ramp on Anniversary day, Auck motorway congestion and any form of fishing with a net - bar a landing net for livies or squid. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 2:16pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Course we care Hellfish, glad to have you back!!,

ybot, I can't understand your new name!.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 2:25pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

HellFish, marmite's a good thing aslong as you don't smear it on like jam.

My ex pat kiwi cousins living in yankee land came over for a holiday years ago and they smeared it on in big dollops... no wonder they screwed their faces up.

It also makes a good sunblock, you should try it sometime!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 4:35pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

KingfishSi, you crack me up mate,marmite for a sunblock,next you'll be tellin' us  to use Vegemite,as it has a higher uv rating.....  what else do you rub on, when no-one is watching,eh?my spelling error of your sig. in one other post might ring true 'Kinkfish'...

Also welcome to you new comers to this great site and especially those from over the waters.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2004 at 4:44pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

luxor,do i know you? coincidence in that i've just finished posting about the luxor reels,and i to see you are from Hawkes Bay. I'm from my  birthplace of Napier. Big odds that you are from around there also. To find your name as luxor...are they still available, do you know?
Page  <12345 34>