Squid Fishing

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:56pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What sort of prices are we talking YeeHaa?
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike the spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:10pm
Mike the spike View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

does anyone know where a guy like me from hamilton can go to catch any of these squids?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gulfguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 9:55pm
gulfguru View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

mike the spike i think that u should be able to catch a lot of squid on the coromandle as theres not alot of people fishing for them down those ways.
just keep on casting the fish will come.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike the spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:56pm
Mike the spike View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

where about in the coro?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Govtgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:04pm
Govtgirl View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Appreciate your intro to squid fishing. Am a good freshwater fisherman, but just moved to Anacortes WAshington and am starting the long process of learning saltwater techniques. Am very interested in learning squid fishing. Here they jig with quite a few hooks on one line. Will share what I learn. Thank you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:59pm
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Over sea grass...

Here fishy, fishy fishy.... Nom, nom, nom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ankame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 2:25pm
Ankame View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey did you have any luck at manu or any other landbased spots near raglan for squid.
Im looking at going on my first squid mission and saw your post from a few years back....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Govtgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:35am
Govtgirl View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I'm in the US, Anacortes WA. Have not tried for squid yet. It is Chinook salmon season here. Salmon are late. Went out yesterday and son caught no salmon, 4 small sharks and had to throw them back due to WA fishing regs. Going out again Tues and Thurs. Will fish deeper.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:25pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We got 14 on Sunday at Tiri (Auckland) sheltering from the 20 knot SE wind waiting for the expected 2 - 4 knots to appear. All with casted squid jigs worked like a SP just allowing more time for the drop into 4-5 metre depth.

Lots of info and reports on Facebook NZ fish hunt dive on how to catch these tasty critters.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:34pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Steve I was wondering if that was you round from army bay mid morning. Cool looking wrap on the boat. I was in the orange kayak nearby. Cheers, Patrick.
Page  <123