Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 770771772773774 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That dog might just be the most spoilt in Auckland, HY. It'll serve it well to have a doughnut day every now and then so it appreciates all the many feasts even more.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hard Yakker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:36pm
Hard Yakker View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

She's not looking very appreciative right now, but I'll bring that up with her.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 8:10pm
Gold
Gold

haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 9:02pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very late reports
Have had 8 trips out since beginning of the year
4 skunks, 2 were prospecting new grounds, all 4 skunks had snaps up to 33cm, didnt keep any
Fished for the first time Blockhouse bay on the muddy, new ground, found structure in 3m water, kept 6 snaps on baits to 41cm in an hr, 1.4km paddle to spot x
Did Laingholm on the muddy, either side of high, fish just starting to come on the bite, sou wester kicked in with nasty short chop with white caps, had to bail out = skunked
My regular stomping ground of Meola reef, which at this time of the year is very reliable, has been hopeless, with cold water, usually 24, has been 21-22 & undersized fish
Fished Pt Chev yesterday, on the water 10am, went by the marine reserve, 2 big hell runs that fell off, then nothing for ages. Paddled to Meola, same again. Nothing in the bin till 245pm, then it stopped at 320pm, got 4 small snaps for my efforts around 35cm, water temp 24 at Meola 22.5 elsewhere
Same story from others in similar area, hard going, all small fish
Bloody Jonah
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:17pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kingiFiddla kingiFiddla wrote:

Nice one Telecaster. How are you liking the fusion?
it’s not a fusion, it is a very early fisha 550, narrow, all glass, FA fish storage but very quick to paddle. I got it cheap ($1100 I think) to see if I like glass. As it turns out, I do. Profisha 525 is next I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:28pm
Gold
Gold

Thanks. Yeah, thinking a 525/575 or 555 for targeting tuna and marlin. Just gotta save the $. I get almost there and something comes up that necessitates a hit to the fishing fund. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:38pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I feel your pain bro.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:19am
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice little king KF. Fun times. My Boat is broken so jumped the fence and borrowed the neighbours kayak yesterday. No rod holders or rigging. Lashed on my bike rack ties to hold gear which actually worked pretty well, used a foil bag from Hello Fresh as my bin and paddled out from Pt Chev for two hours of the incoming. Was blowing 15kn at Bean Rock so was a bit choppy. Didn’t have a drogue so drift was well off optimal. Unfit so didn’t reach out far and zeroed out. A few little bites on softies only. Neighbour would have got them if I did. I don’t normally like eating fish from the inner harbour. I swear they smell different when you fillet them. Going to try again later this week.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:54am
Gold
Gold

Nice fit-for-purposing there Sanchez. Whenever I've reada blurb in the local papers (i think there are still a few being published these days, or used to be) of fishing stories, it was always some lucky barstool that had such a weapon as your newly borrowed one, that caught a whopper and made everyone else green with envy at what they caught and from what.

So, please, keep at it. I look forward to reading of the big moocher attracted by those pink paddles, that tows your weapon around for miles before you get it aboard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My daughters an artist, quite well known, here’s her latest work, and prints will be available. Thought few on here might be interested given locale.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:53pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 6:22am
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

great. Water looks amazing, must be hard to paint refractions. Is that Ti Point ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:08am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Can't stop yakking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:43am
Can't stop yakking View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I drifted along the Bays flicking soft baits yesterday and picked up some snapps and a gurnard. 
The bite was quite lively from 10.00am till 12.00, the little snapps chomped through a whole packet of Gulp grubs.
Nothing big, but they are the tasty size, there was only  one that got away....
I tried to post here under my own name Hardyakker yesterday, but despite my efforts including sending an email to Grant at the sites contact tab I was/am unable to post.
It's a circle, I go to the fishing website and log on, then go to the Auckland Yakkers forum, which thereby logs me off, so I can't post, I log on again and the circle continues. 
I got another household member to join the forum to see if they had the same issue .On the same computer  they are able to post, but not able to post pics? It's unlikely to be a cookie issue at our end, more like a bug on the site...don't know, a riddle wrapped in a mystery. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:12am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thought we had a new bays member for minute there Dave. When I log on now it rejects my password sometimes but I can still log on by going to bottom of page , ticking I’m not a robot” and answering how many motor cycle or traffic lights are in the squares, to verify myself, then going back into forum . Not sure if you’ve tried that, but works for me.

Have couple weeks off primarily for fishing , probably heading north for marlin for coming week but might dust kayak off in between down here.
If you up for it your welcome to  also do some half day trips in boat from down here... light jigging and soft baiting,  and some livebaiting for kings. Likely be doing that the following week (2nd week of March), if you are keen for change from yak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Can't stop yakking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:28am
Bronze
Bronze

All praise to Neptune the site is working again.
Here are yesterdays tasty little snapps.
The beach was very dirty yesterday, the easterly blew a lot of weed and junk ashore, but the water was much clearer than last week, anyway the fish were biting and it was fun catching them.
I found some more soft baits tucked away in the shed. I was flicking Gulp grubs and had a year old Gulp squid vicious bumping along the bottom on my other rod, a couple of times both rods went off together.
After my turtle last week I put one of my Penn Spinfishers in for a service and splashed out on a new Slammer iii for stray lining etc, it's a nice reel, it feels tight, I'm hoping it will cope with the kayaking life.  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Can't stop yakking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:35am
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

If you up for it your welcome to  also do some half day trips in boat from down here... light jigging and soft baiting,  and some livebaiting for kings. Likely be doing that the following week (2nd week of March), if you are keen for change from yak.
Am I keen to go in your boat? Does a one legged duck swim in circles?
Yes, I am available for fishing, give me a yell anytime.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 1:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one I will keep calling you HY
Page  <1 770771772773774 849>