Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 693694695696697 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 9:02am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Big Manly Yaka Big Manly Yaka wrote:

Same spot as last time Michael, I've only got a couple of hours so need to be back in the carpark by 9:30-10. 
Tele you get that new Stealth wet yesterday? or this weekend?
nope. Picked up a cold. Maybe Sunday if the weather improves.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:04am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Drove all the way up to Jones and didnt get the yak off the roof, glad i didnt as in the light it looked pretty rough and building. Anyone fished out of Badellys/campbels? Looked nice and sheltered but possibly shallow thought it might be good for an alternative at some stage
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 1:29pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Probably a wise move Deacs. I went for a fish off east coast bays this morning and it was terrible and very cold. At one stage got so choppy that was getting quite nervous about stability when casting. Fishing was hopeless for me and couldn't manage any decent sized snapper. Another yakker came in just after me with one nice snap caught on softbait further out, looked about 8lb.
Only reason I braved the conditions this morning was I pulled hook on a big fish last night on last cast and last bait in the same spot I was fishing this morning. Suspect was possibly very big snapper or perhaps a king. Anyway experience has caused me to suspend using the larger undragged alvey 600b for straylining. So back to overheads and spin reels. Alvey was fun last 6 months but has cost me few good fish lately. Will still use smaller model alvey for ledger fishing gurnard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:40pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:50pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah Deacs...BMY and I fished Jones this morning....we launched early....BMY fished until about 9 and I fished through until 12....conditions on the water were actually pretty good...we fished the shoal and when BMY went in I headed up to the top of the channel and ended up with a good catch....best one going about 6lbs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 8:34am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah MK and I were standing on the beach thinking the same thing Deacs, before we finally decided to go out. It was just that period around 7am that was the worst wind-wise, but the few showers that did come through were fairly light. The wind eased off though and by the time I went in it was actually pretty good.
As Mike said we did ok on the snappers. It was strange fishing though, not a lot of constant bites, just a nibble every now and then and then bang, fish on. I landed 5 reasonable pannies, no throw backs at all. The first and last fish were the best, 48cm and all were in pretty good shape. Yesterday morning would ave been the day to go, but I had a 7:30 tee time, stunning morning for it, cool and sunny.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 7:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 8:14pm
Titanium
Titanium

Looks great mate, you using a hand pump again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 8:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:10am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Any of you boys looking for a reel? flicking my Stella 4000 FD , bought a 2016 Shimano Vanquish 3000HG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks neat Dan- enough space in there to keep the mackies alive for a while? Kingies. A distant memory for me. Dim, what new sparkly gear have you bought now? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:27pm
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry Dmitry I've got all my TAS savings allocated on something else at the moment. As much as I'd love a Stella!
Dan I always wondered about the aerators, I guess they keep the water breathable that little bit longer, but I assume you'd still need fresh water every now and then? You can buy the full portable setups from Marine Deals for $119. Looks kinda like a portable toilet.
I'm off up north this weekend on a boys "camping" weekend. Its basically just on the beers on someones farm in the bush for a couple of nights, but its only a short drive to Te Arai point, so I'm taking a bit of land based gear for a change. Never been there so any tips from anyone who has would be great!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:07am
Titanium
Titanium

Weather looking a bit average this weekend, anyone heading out? Might be OK for a paddle between Tindalls and Army if it stays true to forecast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:00am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now i wish i had of not wimped out and gone last weekend! Don't think i will bother with that forecast, Sunday morning may come right but always sceptical when there a small drop in amongst a pretty consistent forecast otherwise.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:04pm
Titanium
Titanium

I can do either Saturday arvo or Sunday morning. Keen to paddle the new toy. Need to make sure everything is cool before I list the prowler for sale.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:52pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:55am
Titanium
Titanium

Where you thinking Dan?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 8:09am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:10am
Platinum
Platinum

How did you go boys? You get the Stealth on the water Tele ?
We did a bit of rock fishing off Te Arai point on Saturday, only landed a few small KY but its a stunning location. Wish I'd taken the yak.

Page  <1 693694695696697 849>