Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 688689690691692 850>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:29pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It’s amazing how small a hole can let in heaps of water. It was literally a 5mm long crack.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

It’s amazing how small a hole can let in heaps of water. It was literally a 5mm long crack.

A hole when out on my own is the only worry.
If it’s just me then I don’t venture too far offshore.
I’ve got a heat gun if you want to borrow it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:24am
Titanium
Titanium

I’ve already fixed it thanks. Well, I haven’t tested it yet. But it looks ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:41pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:39pm
Titanium
Titanium

That’s a bit gutting after such a big drive - hate to say it but the best method amongst the farms seems to be the old BM flasher rigs with cubes of pillie...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:46pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good intel on where to pick up some livies muppet
Heading up tomorrow arvo for couple days so will target the coast early for some kings then head out deeper after that to see if the snaps are still there as some good ones caught at the 40 metre mark looking at fb today
May target the farms at some point and see if they are harvesting as that can be good fun on softies I’ve found
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:10am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:40pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone heading out this weekend? will pop out locally for a coupe of hours early tomoz, hope there are a few about. The whole weekend looks pretty calm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:32pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Might go sun morning to carrot patch, have 2 young boys itching to go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 6:28pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Might go sun morning to carrot patch, have 2 young boys itching to go

Got out a little later than expected.
Loads of 29cm snapper, but nothing of size to keep.
No carrots, but then spent my time baiting the boys flasher rigs.....every 10seconds. Lol.

Beautiful day on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowboat bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 6:32pm
rowboat bob View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not really gurnard season , They are out at 50m+ now,   they'll start coming back in late May
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 6:34pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:53pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice to finally get out with you again Dan and to meet pizzaeater. After you left it pretty much died so i just went for a big paddle round Rabbit and back, couldn't find any jack macs but caught a few snapper on the trolled lure to round off the bag. Saw some big splashes so paddled over and hooked a king for it to shake the barbless hooks out when winding it back in managed to hook a 40cm snapper so not too bad of a result!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:16pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got out myself this arvo... been a while. Went out 2.30 pm came in about 5.30. Very gentleman hours. Fishing was reasonably eventful and covered myself up well so didn't get burned. Incoming tide with bit of breeze up late afternoon.
Hooked a nice king and pulled hook at yak but he was pretty green when winched him up to yak on the alvey .. got the handles on 600 b surf lite spinning backwards pretty fast. Got a really nice nice JD on next bait and just had him for dinner. Few snapper biggest up to 45 cm. I was bait fishing today but looked pretty good to been fishing lures ... few birds with terns and gannet hovering around. Might have to dust softbait gear off.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:45pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes undragged alvey not necessarily best tool in shed for kings, When it took off close to yak I couldn't keep enough pressure on him palming spool and once you let go of the handles it's pretty much free spool. So much fun though!
Nice work on snaps sounds as though they feeding up pretty good in those bait schools... my sounder on yak seems to have died.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:31pm
Titanium
Titanium

Got home yesterday from a week at Tauranga Bay. Fished once off the bay itself, kahawai everywhere so put one out as a livie, it got chopped by a hammerhead which then followed me around waiting for me to put another delicious canapé out for it to enjoy. Launched at Hihi the next day to get out of the SE - pretty quiet in close but lots of action in around 18m, some huge kahawai around andmanaged 3 nice snapper all around 3kg.

Fished out of Taupo bay on Thursday, turned left and headed towards Cone rock watching the sounder. Got a 5kg snapper in 35m on a jig, released lots of mid 30cm snapper, and after switching to a 7” Z man redbone I got a 80cm king on the second cast, fought like a demon so a good test for the little bg2500. Brought him home for sashimi and med rare steaks on the bbq back at the campground.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:02am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sounds like a pretty good weekend all round, well done boys. I got out early Sat morning for a coupe of hours. KY everywhere, difficult to get away from them tbh, managed to get a few snaps underneath but nothing massive. Everything was full of whitebait, both KY and snaps. Ended up a keeping a few KY for the smoker, and a few nice snaps for the week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

nice to hear everyone hooked up....was out with a mate on his bpoat on Saturday for fishing comp around Kawau....nothing but  nursary grounds where ever we went...little snaps nothing even close to legal......couple of other teams headed to Sullivans and managed the big snaps....missed out on a Sunday fish as had to be back home early...will be keeping an eye on the weather for this weekend.
Page  <1 688689690691692 850>