Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 656657658659660 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 4:18pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sounds like a battler Dan- well done! I went off J bay and did ok in my 2 hour window, I had no space in the cooler (family packs everything and the kitchen sink in) so took two pannies home which I filleted on the beach. Chatted to a diver who had brought a beautiful looking butterfish in- Too bad they're veggies and dont go for lures :-( I was chuffed the weatherman got it wrong as it was a pearler out there. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 8:48pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good fish mups
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:32pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Dan. Well done on putting back reading between lines.
I was too lazy and soft to fish in weekend and had opportunity Sunday arvo.. Went to gym to work on my fitness in a warm dry environment.
But saw some nice fish cort in a boat off murrays reef paddling back the other weekend .. they were caning nice 3 -4 kg snaps casting pillies wide,as I paddled past and lingered for bit of conversation. .So keen to dip toes in water again soon.
Snaps are nice but hard to beat a well boned gurnard fillet dusted in flour and cooked in butter with salt sprinkled over. Reminds me you still have a cooking competition I need to organise.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wow just caught up on the weekend action, nice work Dan'o! And Yves too, I'm assuming you went right not left? we had a bit on over the weekend and I couldn't get out, but I was kicking myself each time I caught a glimpse of the water, its looked stunning out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:31pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saturday is looking decent anyone got any plans or advice on where to go? Got a leave pass for the whole day so going to try and make the most of it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:54pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:14pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Dan, I wont be hogging your spot this time around 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't like my chances of a leave pass this weekend... been out every weekend lately and need to rotors and pads on the family car.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:45pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:51am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think Dmitry might be compensating for something? Mate the size of your Gurnard isn't everything, its how you work the softbait that really matters.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:29pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If that's the size of the carrot I would hate to see the stick!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:45pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out from Army Bay this morning, pretty slow, ended up with 3 40-50cm snapper and released a few kahawai, mate got a few smaller pannies and kahawai. Talking to others on the water and it seemed we did better than most. Was going to go and join Dan but by the time i packed up was cold and already had a good feed so no doubt he is cleaning up at the moment....
Might need to be a carrot mission next....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:46pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fished off bays this arvo. Pabddled to our spot and saw tinny parked up. Guy in tinny had one nice big 4-5 kg snapper and reckoned he'd been busted off on quite few before that on light gear before going heavier. Was having success casting big lfillets of kahawai he'd caught.
I paddled a respectable distance about 100 meters down stream and deployed anchor. First 4 baits took 4 nice fish all around 45 cm . Kept those and released a few more but size sof fish started to drop away as soon tide came up.
May have needed some yellowtail but stuck with half pillies and piper. Wind got up and so I came in nearing top of tide as was getting bit windy from mid afternoon. Suspect would been best in middle of day and even this morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 6:07pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:00pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats the issue with trying to catch gurnard on the east Dan, have to set up a trip to fish the manukau. Good feed none the less.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowboat bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:05pm
rowboat bob View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Even better , go to the Kaipara.
Page  <1 656657658659660 849>