Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 45678 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 3:00pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 5:18pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Re: Trolling SP's:  I always drag my SP's behind me - Got my PB 21lb Snap on one (Think it was a yellow gulp jerk shad from memory, taken on the surface)

Make sure it's on properly other wise it'll spin like buggery! That's from experience.

As far as striking, never have while trolling, get a few missed strikes, but its neat hearing the splashes thoughLOL
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingibasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 5:18pm
kingibasher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mate that gurnard was a real treat tasted good with the skin on  just like you said mmmmmmmmmmmm
Go the paddle power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 7:40am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Paddled out from Waiake last night to edge of channel, the wind had got worse as the day wore on so quite a reasonable NE coming in, lots of slop playing havoc with my FF. Had to adjust sensitivity, zoom, just about everything, best way to learn about electronics is to play with them...? Smile Found sign so baited up and sent pillie down while I deployed drogue and got the hell run straight away... dropped it. Ended 2 panny snaps on pillies and a sloppy paddle home. Not having much luck on soft plastic either at the moment.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 9:35am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jason@kayakfishingnz.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 9:39am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Muppet: Are you using burley with your soft plastics?

Cheers, Mental
www.KayakFishing.NZ

Kayak Fishing - It's Catching!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 10:04am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Muppet - snotty NE which got fresher as the sun set, got quite choppy. Felt like a real man (Man Vs. fish & elements - beats chest - ow!!!) out there in dark in the waves and wind.... ok ok, getting carried away but it was good to be out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 10:44am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:13pm
fotoman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

another great day out just north of the city. landed 13 legal fish kept 8.
i would normally put a 16 pound snapper like this one back but this is my biggest to date from a yak.
i have caught over 70 legal snapper in the last couple of months all on soft baits or slow jigs.
the trick is light braid and a good selection of soft plastics and i always put my first fish back.
drifting with sea anchor at the front also makes a big difference.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:30pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jason@kayakfishingnz.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:31pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

VERY nice fish! You should enter that into the monthly competition at KFNZ

That's the best fish/trip report I've heard this month...

May be I should keep trying the soft plastics after all

Cheers, Mental
www.KayakFishing.NZ

Kayak Fishing - It's Catching!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:31pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

More nice work Fotoman! Well done.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

Cracker Snapper Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ambo364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:55pm
ambo364 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good effort mate, nice mooch. "North of the city" aye.... I bet there are a few of us wondering exactly how far north! Hmmmm, must study the photo a bit more closely....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 3:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 3:24pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes but the house by his right ear reminds me of the one at.... ugh Dead (dies with knife stuck in head)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 4:07pm
Titanium
Titanium

C'Mon guys - I have worked out where it is and I don't even live near Censored anymore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 4:27pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Relax HLD, we're just being polite is all....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 4:32pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hookup!   LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 4:37pm
fotoman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

its a very popular spot, lots of boats and yaks fish the area. i was towed by bigger fish yesterday but that was the only one that i could get the hook into.here is a clear photo of the location:

whoops wrong photo, here's its scarred face instead.
Page  <1 45678 849>