Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 23456 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 10:01pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ah.  Thought it was a premade one - that could answer the problem.

Take the yak and drift around the entrance of Mangonui hbr.  Make sure your drag is finely tuned and ready to goCool

Suggest sounder before GPS, if Santa gets a bit touchy about what he stuffs into your stockingLOL
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ambo364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 10:37pm
ambo364 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fished Taka Cliffs today. Definitely worthwhile yak country MR Miyagi! The fishing can be great there at times between yellow buoy and inside channel markers, but crap at other times (for no apparent reason). Got lucky today with 3 nice pannies about 35-40cm and a good trev about 6lb (20 minute fight on 4kg). Just beware on light tackle - I got busted off in the kelp by a couple of express trains today (I'm pretty sure they were big trevs) 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pizzaeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 10:44pm
pizzaeater View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the tip, HLD I will keep that in mind.. Might be heading up that way in the next couple of weeks and will give it a go...

If Santa is listening, I think my stockng is just about big enough for a GPS/sounder combo unit..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 6:36am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 8:03am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ambo - where you launching from, the boat ramp?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ambo364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 1:04pm
ambo364 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I launch off the Hauraki corner end of Taka beack Nick, parking can be a pain though but if you've got a trolley it shouldn't be a problem. Just head out to the right a few hundred metres and you will see the yellow cable buoy, just drift around out there until you get bites then put the pick down. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingibasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 5:58pm
kingibasher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I know it drops off there real quick thats why the snaps are there. they also follow the squid in close. the squid has somthing in them to start the spawning process. thats why around this time of the year squid is the best bait
Go the paddle power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ambo364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 11:08pm
ambo364 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I have heard that, might have to slap a hunk of squid on the end of half a pilly and see if that gets them excited. The ones I have gutted certainly don't have squid in them though, just seems to be bits of crab and shell. There never seems to be much action on the sounder off Taka but I think they must just move through in patches, right place right time (and berley is a must). Has anyone had any luck on plastics off Taka? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 6:30am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingibasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 4:47pm
Silver
Silver

last spapper i filleted had alot of kina in it so even try some kina berley might get them keen too

muppet wat you got planned for us this weekend bro
Go the paddle power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 3:42pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingibasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:56pm
Silver
Silver

sounds good to me
Go the paddle power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOKISMOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:37am
HOKISMOKE View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Muppet, Where are yo going to head out from?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jason@kayakfishingnz.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:47am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

And when? I might just tag along too...
www.KayakFishing.NZ

Kayak Fishing - It's Catching!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 1:05pm
fotoman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

getting better in the auckland region.  last sunday i caught 15 snapper and 1 gurnard, released 12, kept 2 aprox 40cms and a 9 and 8 pounder. a good fight on 4kg and soft baits. if you look close enough you can see my secret weapon.  ps a p13 might be slow but it aint no flower pot. im paddling around 10 ks on most trips and up against some strong winds......no worries. will be hitting the top of the coromandel in the next few weeks,cant wait.got one of those soft squids to see if i can get a kingfish, hooked a few 80 pound +monsters but they find the rocks before i can put the pressure on. lost my sunglasses and almost my rod on an aprox 50 pounder and it almost pulled me in twice, shook the lure just as i was struggling for my gaff. didn't have a rigged fishing kayak then just one of my kids little yaks, i should have a better chance now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 2:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ambo364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 4:41pm
ambo364 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good haul fotoman I'm sure the 12 you released were even bigger than that! I'm a member of the P13 club - they are a great fishing machine. Kingies would pose a wee challenge I'm sure, just getting towed around by a decent snapper is a bit of fun. As you say, gotta be organised at the boat tho aye, hate to think how many yakkers have lost good fish like that!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingibasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 7:21am
Silver
Silver

Good stuff dude i hope to get a haul like that too this summer
Go the paddle power
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 6:34am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 6:36am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 23456 849>