Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 812813814815816 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:47pm
Hopkins View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Love the tale of the 20lber that got away deacs.

Muppet I sense a hint of sarcasm in your wind concerns there mate haha.

BB problem solved , didn't have the power cable plug in far enough. Found the box it came in and played around with the setting until the navionic started working again too , woo hoo, also found it has an hour meter....... 825 hours in just under 6 years , post a photo when I can work out how, again. Invited 4 different Yakers with me this weekend who all had to much on so happy to have some company if you can be bothered making the trip.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:41pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had that problems myself Hopkins thinking battery was flat or something, usually doggy connection. Nice bag of fish by the way. Was lovely day out there yesterday, certainly big contrast to today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:59pm
Hopkins View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There it is , better hide those hours from the wife , her claims of me fishing every weekend could be true. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 9:32am
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sure was busy at Sullivans bay on Saturday. 

Lots of yakkers around (I think there was a club event or something). 

Fishing was reasonably steady, picking up a few snapper in the channel on the outgoing tide with a homemade slider skirt. 

Dropped a nice snapper Softbaiting in the shallows on the eastern side of Saddle Island. 

Came across a school of KY on the surface, they wouldn't take a softbait or a skute - but I put a small stickbait on and they monstered it. 

Kept going with the stickbait for a little while after that, had some big splashes behind the lure which I assumed was a couple kingfish after it, but no hookup. 

A yakker not far away landed an 85cm king on his softbait set which was pretty cool. 

All this talk of sounders reminds me that I should probably have a go at repairing mine - have been fishing blind for the past year or two!

Slider Skirt: 

Been a while since I got out the old panko crumbs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:18pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very cool slider skirt!!
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:19pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hopkins
I had to be nosey with the hrs on my Humminbird.... 250hrs use, just on 2yrs old
Must have been a few trips, 3-4hrs on the water & that's me, usually.
I did an 8hr sesh prospecting some new grounds, then the head wind kicked in on the way home.... never again

Kingaling
Your slider looks good eh, especially the solid looking hook
I have a few different brands of sliders, hooks are nothing like yours
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:18pm
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Weekend looks a write off

I thought you didn't mind a bit of wind Wink

Yep it certainly is, monday not looking too bad though. 

Got my sounder fixed, took things apart and found the culprit. Corrosion on my quick connect battery plugs. Re-wired and sealed up properly now. 

Bought some bits and pieces for a DIY removable mounting system.
Currently using the forward rod holder of my ocean kayak and would prefer not to sacrifice the extra rod storage. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:43pm
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Ah yes Monday looks a bit better.
Will be some swell left over though.

Perhaps a good opportunity for softbaiting the wash in close
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
Hopkins View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking forward to the morning,
Presuming the 500 people who took up kayak fishing over the lockdown won't be at OP but you know what they say about presumptions.
Anyone else heading out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:10pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have to calm down a lot if I go out… might be a miracle but still guys standing surfing wicked waves off bays this arvo, big onshore swell. Good luck though if you venture out Hopkins. Reckon be still a handful in my 16 foot stabicraft.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:39am
Hopkins View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Alarm went off at 430am to the sound of rain and a big tree in my front yard thrashing around in the wind, rolled over and went back to sleep. Must be getting soft or old or both. Came across the lateral line on YouTube the other day so another afternoon of watching Milan and Nathan while I dream of mid week fishing when the weather is good and everyone else is at work I suppose.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:42am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:27pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Hopkins Hopkins wrote:

Alarm went off at 430am to the sound of rain and a big tree in my front yard thrashing around in the wind, rolled over and went back to sleep. Must be getting soft or old or both. Came across the lateral line on YouTube the other day so another afternoon of watching Milan and Nathan while I dream of mid week fishing when the weather is good and everyone else is at work I suppose.

Got me curious enough to take walk down to beach this morning about 8.30am. Still coming in from east with decent swell hitting beach and very lumpy further out. Storm had taken lot of sand off beach as well exposing lot of rocks. Tomorrow looks ok, but most of us working. Never find fishing immediately after big storm from east that good. Takes few days to settle down.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:41pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Think i will go back out Jones tomorrow morning, hopefully this northerly has brought the fish in and the water isn't quite as clean as last time! Work ups seem to be at 30m so surely plenty of fish now flowing in.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 812813814815816 849>