Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 749750751752753 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 2:27pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks nice out there Dan,  with some nice fish in the bag.

Just got back from Tutukaka. Was not fishing over weekend but yesterday took drive up to whananaki. Never been there before, interesting estuary and surrounding coast. Coming back spied a massive gannet workup close to shore yesterday arvo, between sandy bay and whale bay. Hard to watch from shore.

Hard Yakka had you gone out this morning off the bays you would got to play with orcas.  Neighbours sent me photo this morning of them between Mairangi and Campbells. Apparently been hanging round all weekend. My nephew has just taken wife’s profish 400 out for spin and a softbait with another mate. Was going to go with them but I’m tired and it looks a bit windy...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hard Yakker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:41pm
Hard Yakker View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes Shane playing with Orca's at Campbells Bay would have been exciting, I gather they would have been chasing rays, or perhaps they too have a taste for gurnard. A pod of dolphins passed me at anchor there about six weeks ago,the dolphins were breathing heavy and were likely after a school of bait fish?
Dan's big snapper was a beauty, fingers crossed one or two of those turn up in the Bays.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buggar-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 4:40pm
Buggar-me View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its amazing how different areas can produce. Tried the kaiaua mussels farms this morning before the winds made it uncomfortable.
Nada.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 5:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:33pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I was cheating today and went out on the boat, glad I did though as that wind was strong!

The gurnies are still biting at the usual spot, we got 15 in the bin today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:03pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah saw a boat out there Bfist, early arvo... might been you. Our young fellas didn’t last long out there this arvo in kayaks  .. like 15 minutes or so and came back in. Had told em looked a bit windy.. but young = keen, and in their case today not too stupid. Hopefully they are learning wanting to go fishing and being able to go when you can successfully are distinctly two different things. Wink
I really like first thing in morning when its calm,  usually blows good off here after about 10am. Sometimes we get days where calm all day, but not so much this time of year. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 5:35am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You have to be prepared to be shafted by the wind during spring.
Had some absolute crazy shocking slogs especially over to Motuora.
The North Channel cut up on the start of the incoming yesterday but the lee of Kawau made up for it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:37am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Motuora Madness. Will not forget how good fishing was there few seasons ago and the brutal paddle home. Those overnighters we did were cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:48am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I know, blue mack sashimi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:14am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to catch up Dan, and yeah that paddle back was a good workout for sure, thankfully shorter than Motuora! I might have needed a wee nanna nap that afternoon though.
As usual the session was basically watching Dan bin up in no time while I landed...one. I did drop a couple of good fish though, one through laziness not tying fresh knots and the fluro breaking at the jighead. Brilliant day out there, as Dan said in the lee of the island it was glassy calm and quiet. Even from a distance I could hear the soft dulcet tones of "Gopro start recording...gopro start recording...GOPRO START RECORDING!".
That good one I got came in at 64cm and just over 10lb gilled and gutted. That, and the one you gave me Dan will feed us for the week.
Bring on Spring fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:55am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 5:12pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:54pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what bread is doggie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:18pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:26pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

haha, bet doggie likes dad sharing snapper at dinner time
both mine do
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 4:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gonna have to be Saturday morning for me. Not sure where yet. Will check forecast on Friday and decide. Might be gurnard.
Page  <1 749750751752753 849>