Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 731732733734735 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:57am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:42am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 6:27pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great pic Patrick !
What SB are working at the moment?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:43am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Great pic Patrick !
What SB are working at the moment?
Brighter colours were the go on Saturday, Zman Laguna Shrimp and Zman Atomice Sunrise. Micro jigs were better for Trevs and Kahawai.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:24pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for intel. I’m hoping to go local sat morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buggar-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 5:31pm
Buggar-me View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out this morning to the Kaiaua Mussel farms and did well.Abit of a cool sou'easter but still managed my Quota in 3 hours. Ranged from 35 to a nice 50cm.

Stupid me was to keen for a feed that i didn't take a photo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:04pm
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

dusted off the old Kayak. 38 and a 32 in one hour in close. No kahawai damn it ! Thats my target species. love them and spring workups aside I have had a miserable time of it putting KY on the table this year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:54pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Lots big kahawai around this morning off Campbells as well, and lot of yakkers  out fishing ... in fact most I’ve ever seen.
Got 3 gurnard early but put them all back as on small side. Dropped one decent snap. Been pulling hooks on a few lately so might go back to recurve hook and just lightly pin into larger baits.
Home by 11 with a couple of pan sized snapper and 3 kahawai that couldn’t release as were hooked deep, released few others. Will get smoker going later and smoke a couple of biggest kahawai, and have scaled other one and chopped up for fresh bait for tomorrow.

Hi Shane, I’m going to try my luck off Campbell’s bay tomorrow , if wind stays down. What depth should I head out too?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:09pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went this morning, local off the bays. Trying for snapper and gurnard.
A bit rougher than forecast and murky water, but calmed off.
Wind a SE which doesn’t help.
Used sanma bait as couldn’t get pilchards. Didn’t seem to work, went mushy. Had a little squid too, but no takers.
Just a few nibbles.
Heaps of sign though. Hook 2 revel ff worked a treat.
A bit sore from the paddle- shows how quick to lose fitness.
Enjoyed the outing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:25pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry Brent just read this was up north at tuts in weekend... not fishing but plumbing and entertaining my two daughters ( 20 and 23 yr olds) . I like 12 to 13 meters myself off campbells. 
There were some big snapper caught off here in weekend. My mate and neighbour, who kayak fishes got a couple of big fish on saturday in amongst some nice ones in middle of day on incoming tide. Got them quite  shallow in under 10 meters. And a surfcaster I spoke to tonight (out again in same spot) said he took two good fish last night, biggest of which he released.
Heard was a bit windy off here in yak yesterday, which is why my neighbour didn’t go out again. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:24pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No worries Shane. Was at 13m off browns bay.
This weekend coming am entertaining my boys and trying to set up my 400lite.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:48pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went for quick rock fish tonight with one my best mates.. was there an hour maybe tops just few baits ... got one real nice one, one fillet easy fed 2 of us. Great to get a nice fish off the shore .. I know it’s not kayak fishing but a few photos tell story.

Will see if can upload a few. Just over 50cm,  photos really didn’t do it justice, fat as. Went nice with home made chips courtesy of wife and her own special crumb mix with half a tutukaka lime.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:18pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On a sadder note my favourite fishing shop is closing down, was there today.  Lots of people grabbing bargains and he has some great stuff... Don’t know who will fix my rods and service my reels now!
Greg has been fantastic .. best tackle shop owner I’ve ever encountered.

I got a new gimbal and harness for game fishing (great to have another extra set of kit for when those triple yellowfin strikes happen occassionally) and I also splashed out on a new tackle box (made in Japan) to replace my old cracked Plano one. But am really going to miss his shop.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 7:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:32pm
Titanium
Titanium

Where we heading mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:31am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well that was pretty average. Mistimed my launch and had to punch thru a big wave paddling flat out with my mouth wide open, certainly woke me up. Was cold for the rest of the session and the fishing was terrible. One undersized snapper and one medium kahawai released. Big swell and a persistent southerly wind. Chatted to a couple of guy back at Army who had done well on bait in close, one fish looked about 8lb.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 3:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingfish killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:05pm
Kingfish killer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Worst days fishing I’ve had in years . Launched 6am with the big swell resulting in dumpers on the beach . Lost a pair of glasses trying to get out in a hurry . Flipping cold all day , didn’t get a strike for the first 3 hours then decided to basically sit on the reef in 5 m and finally dragged a 40cm fish out . Good to catch up with Dan on the beach and Telecaster on the water .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:08pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shoot kk good to see your still at it. Always welcome down these ways.
Page  <1 731732733734735 849>