Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 707708709710711 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 6:49pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:47pm
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've got the TI. I don't know if I turned the fish reveal beep on by accident when I set it up or if it's on by default. But it's horrible when there's heaps of sign. I had to Google how to turn it off as it wasn't in the obvious place.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 7:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 8:50pm
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've adjusted it alot since I first installed it yes. Colours also which helps alot with the fish reveal. But the beeping the Sounder would make was just nuts, the navigation has a sound alarms menu but the beeper wasn't on it. I was on the water for the maiden after moving from a raymarine and just had to block it out till I got home and googled. I have the Navionics charts also, which pairs sweetly with the Navionics app.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:07am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It's been a while since I've taken my kayak out for a fish and since I've got a couple of weeks off for school holidays I thought I'd take the 5yo out for a blast at the local gurnies.

Only the three caught but had a few more bites that we missed that felt like gurnard. There are still lots of small snapper around that were a pain in the arse. Fresh mackies baits were best.

I have to say it was really hard to fish off the kayak with a 5yo on your lap, he's a bit big for this now. It might be time to think about buying a boat. Am I allowed to say that in here?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:05pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:48pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Not often posting in here but read regularly. Sounds like a great (maiden?) voyage in the reload. A king would've been nice but the JDs are treat too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WindCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:59pm
WindCaller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good work with those JDs Muppet, some grand tucker there aye. 
Interested to know if you were running the livies deep with weight or had them free-swimming. I don't tend to pick up many Dory when slow-trolling or towing livies behind the boat and only tend to do so then over shallower areas of reef.
Kingies were around Saddle Island last weekend, a pack were frolicking around the red bouoy but a few 10kg+ models were sniffing around biggish kys that were being played to the boat. Had one of 85cm a few weeks back locally on a straylined cut bait so it seems that a few stay around the coast over the colder months. Time to break out the kingie gear again perhaps.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:37pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not on yak but a spot i used to fish on kayak. The likes of Dan and others will know the haunts. Took awhile for these carrots to show up but steady flow started to come though just on the last 2 hard of outgoing and through slack into incoming. Ended up pulling pin around 1pm with 22 grunters in the bin between 2 anglers. Skippy was the bait for today

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is that just a swivel sliding up and down the trace?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:22pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 9:05pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I saw this rig online the other day, thought it looked quite good.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 5:31am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:29pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heading local to harass some gurnard on Sunday morning, anyone else heading out? I've just tied up a couple of rigs with fine guage recurve hooks, what bait do you reckon?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:32pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 707708709710711 849>