Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 703704705706707 850>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:02pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Muppet you little tart πŸ˜‚
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:33pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dan, you’re supposed to buy the wife a present, not yourself!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:42am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You certainly got your moneys with out of that PF400, the mind boggles to think of how many fish have come over those gunnels!
Did you go with the carbon fibre edition...? Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:24am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

Weekend looks fairly settled, maybe a bit of rain. I can only do Sunday - anyone else heading out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 6:30am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah probably the only downside Muppet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JMac83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:11am
JMac83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dan, feel free to have a lift of my PDL if you like, then your reload will feel as light as a feather! πŸ˜‚

This might have to be my next purchase to carry the PDL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:01am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will go have a look for my freight train friend again tomorrow, my old man got a 400 so hopefully he will be able to keep up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:49am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:28pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice one Dan, and you thought i was kidding when i said it was a bit heavier ;-)....i would like to get out this weekend still getting over chest infection.....also looks like i gotta work on the bikes starter motor....sigh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:29pm
Titanium
Titanium

Sunday looks crap now so I’m gonna go sailing instead. Long range for Thursday looks great, I’m thinking of taking the day off (birthday) and may head for leigh or maybe Lang’s depending on swell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 6:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 7:01pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great conditions off bays this arvo. There was no wind and no shortage of nice fish. Fished a lot wider than normally do as saw another yak further out ... so went to investigate .. as few others I am aware of also been getting few good fish on our patch of late.
My first few fish were gurnard and then the smaller snaps moved in. I managed five gurnard on dropper before snapper chased them away. But most gurnard I've caught this year to date.
Then reverted to strayline with my light jig rod on light braid and Calcutta 200. Been starting to strayline with large mustard demon recurves to make releasing fish easier. Today was good oppotunity to really test them in a hot session and they proved very successful on yellowtail head baits - as use the tail fillets on my gurnard ledger rigs. Anyway steady stream of nice string pulling snaps eventuated with lots put back. Other yak fishing near me got a Jonny on softbait ( and released it) and got few nice snaps as well.
Did catch a wave back into the beach (deliberately thinking my luck was in) and rode it in without turtling but did take on a bit of water. Awesome afternoon. Tomorrow looks crap so glad made the effort today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 8:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 8:26pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well the weather was the only good thing about my day, 1 pannie snapper between 3 of us and not a lot caught by anyone else i talked to, quite a few yakkers out, maybe bait was the way to go or afternoon bite. Water was super clear, saw a lot more fish than we caught....
Didn't quite get to where i wanted to but a decent paddle anyway to stretch the arms, been a very long time since i last blanked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 8:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:35am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was a late afternoon bite time deacs. Few others I spoke to out earlier found morning and early arvo a bit slow.
Page  <1 703704705706707 850>