Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 702703704705706 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:36pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One thing I did see which was very weird ... was paddle boarder with a very loud stereo I would assume on his person .. paddling along playing French music.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 7:21am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ha! I can just picture that paddle boarder cruising along
...Chaaan...son ..D’Amoooour... Ratatata!

Good work lads, looked mint out there yesterday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 9:23am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I nipped out off the peninsula- damn it was cold in that Southerly! Forgot my Fishfinder and Lures at home, so was pretty limited and fished with what I had on. Picked up two plump pannies close in and packed it in early to house duties! Water was warm and surprisingly clear considering the deluge that came down...

One thing that annoys the crap out of me blaring is music on the water. Kinda defeats the purpose of being one with nature. Plus there's the added insult of forcing everyone else to listen to your crap. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:07am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WindCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:00pm
WindCaller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Forget what the weather forecasters say, when these guys show up you know winter is here. Truly the most underated species in our ocean, being great sport fish and awesome to eat in so many different ways. 
Heaps of other yak fishers out at Hatfields this afternoon and hopefully they got a few too. Definitely the best trev spot on the Hibiscus Coast IMHO and it was also loaded with kys today for fresh bait supplies. Winter is for the best times aye! Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:21pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Beautiful looking trevally WindCaller..
Was out off bays this arvo.. very pleasant few snapper and one nice gurnard. Was hoping for more gurnard but early days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:29pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:21am
Platinum
Platinum

That IS a nice Trev WC, was that on cut bait or lure?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WindCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:39pm
WindCaller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It took a four inch camo flavour Gulp BMY, rigged on a 1/0 Seekerz jighead and long 10lb leader. Got a few others on strips of fresh ky straylined on a 3/0 hook over a patch of foul, along with the usual horde of baby snapper/pirahnas. A stealthy and finessed approach is the way to go around the shallow reefs in winter in my experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:16am
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work WC, I agree the lighter rigs are the best approach in winter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:22pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Meh, the tiri channel snapper didn’t mind me straylining with 50lb braid and 80lb mono trace on Sunday evening 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:35pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah you can’t be too complacent with those Tiri channel pannies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:27pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Big Manly Yaka Big Manly Yaka wrote:

Yeah you can’t be too complacent with those Tiri channel pannies.
The only baitrunner I own is my kingy setup. This guy pulled about 1m of line against 8kg of drag.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

1st TR on here
Left from Narrowneck yesterday afternoon,quick paddle to the taka cliffs in 7m water, baits & berley in by 3pm, kept a snap of 38, heaps of throw backs to 34, most in the 26-30 range. At one stage pillie baits came back up with just the backbones / spine.... is that from squid ?
Just on dusk kept another snap of 37
Pretty bloody quiet out there, may have been better drifting with sliders or sb
Haven't fished NN since last year, good to be back there again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:10am
Platinum
Platinum

Good to hear someone is getting out BananaB. 
 Why the hiatus Dan you all good I hope?
Or are you worried about being abducted by flashing lights in the sky...? Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:14am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:24pm
Platinum
Platinum

Ahh you're a good man Dan'o! 
Thats better timing than my wife's birthday  - early October right at the start of spring fishing!
I've missed the last few weekends myself, if the long range forecast holds for this weekend I'm gonna have to get out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 702703704705706 849>