Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 699700701702703 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good intel thanks Tele, in a quandary now.
I’ll be fishing without a sounder though so finding livies might be tricky.
Mmmmm....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 2:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:00pm
Platinum
Platinum

Ended up going up north, foggy drive but nothing on the beach and clear on the water the whole time I was out there. Looking back towards Whangaparaoa I could see the fog drifting from the mainland gradually out along the peninsula. The drive back was clear blue sky’s until I got to Manly which was in fog at 11:30. Weird.
Anyway fishing was a bit slow, picked up a few nice pannies, biggest was 48, but as the sun came up just kept catching tiny ones. Sporadic birds and KY all over the place but no snaps underneath. Really quiet out there hardly any boats or other yaks. Beautifully calm and clear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:06pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:25am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Must've been awesome out there BMY, i was seeing boat upon boat, kayak upon kayak heading north, while i was going south to my kids soccer games. And when the mist cleared and the sun came out I could imagine how nice it was out there. The mist stuck around on the edge of the bays up to lunch time- so mustve provided some good cover for those fishing in closer. I didnt get out at all as I was hoping for a Sunday afternoon window. That got slammed shut by the Northerly gale that came hooning down! Ah well, at least I finished the doggy gates and new fence :-) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:50pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work on the beast Dan and a belated happy birthday.....missed Saturday due to ongoing reno of the tacklebox (aka house) and Sunday was a blow out......hopefully this weekend for a fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:44am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Anyone looking to head tomorrow? Looks like a small window tomorrow morning before it all blows up.....might delay the boatshow until Sunday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

I could be tempted but need to be in Onehunga for 12pm so limited on location and timing. What you thinking Michael?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:13pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wish I could, football for kids both days.
Good luck out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:38pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:27am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice Dan, I’m wondering where my next non local trip will be with the lack of macs up that way.

Wondering how u fixing jig heads on, clip or what type of knot and trace weight ur using on those snaps?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:34am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:39am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:17pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Didnt end up going BMY....by the time i got home Friday night second of the lurgy i had last week made an appearance, so decided to stay off the water and ended up going to the boat show.....didnt win the major prize or any prize for that matter, and ended up talking myself out of putting a deposit down on the new carbon fibre Reload......so close to putting one down...will be a machine when they become available...but pricey $6k.....but it was so light 21kg, nearly threw the thing through the cieling when i picked it up.....anyway, might look to get it next year....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:23pm
Platinum
Platinum

Thats such a good idea to make a CF version of the reload, the only thing I can fault on those is that they're a little bit heavy otherwise a really well thought-out platform.
Yeah $6k though....eeesh...
I didn't go anywhere either mate, in fact I've recently purchased a saltwater flyrod and I had a casting lesson with Meinrad Rohrs on Saturday. Forgot how tricky it is.
We have a trip to Aitutaki planned in November so I've got a bit of practice to do before then.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:42pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 699700701702703 849>