Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 689690691692693 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:26pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by rowboat bob rowboat bob wrote:

Not really gurnard season , They are out at 50m+ now,   they'll start coming back in late May

Thanks rowboat bob, will try again around then.

Sounds hit and miss on snaps over the weekend, friends up past BOI got a few but they had to work really hard for them.
Maybe not the best moon phase.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 8:42pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone headed out tomorrow? I’ll probably do a lazy local session with a late start, maybe launch around 9.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 9:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 9:52pm
Titanium
Titanium

I fished out from Arkles on Wednesday after work, tons of bait schools and a bit of bottom sign but very slow bite. Gonna try the north side tomorrow, maybe Tindalls and work around to army and back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Northerlies didn’t drop so I’m landlocked. Might get out tomorrow evening.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work. Think I’m gonna have a land based session down the road tonight.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:02pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done muppet.
I couldn't catch anything to bring home for the couple of hours I spent this afternoon wasting bait on small snapper.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well lots of piranhas around but those eagle rays go well on 4kg softy gear! Almost spooled me and I could smell the drag cooking.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

Got out after work from Tindalls, pretty rough in the northerly, lots of small snapper around. Managed 3 pannies, best action was after dark in 5m on new penny curly tails on 3/8 jighead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:39pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not yak related but went out to Mokes on Monday . Beautiful day with amazing kingi bite and also managed to convert a live jackmack into a Scrappy 20lbr snap from 80m. Amazing to see it swim off too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:40pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:35am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats a nice fish Dmitry, looked a stunning day out there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There'll be marlin swimming around in that depth out there Dmitry. And they'll be looking for impaled jack mack too.
Nice looking snap though. Very good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:00pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Clearly Mokes is one of those spots at this time of year where he could expand on that very significant achievement.

Was down at Gregs shop this arvo. Dan .. was very tempted to get one of the last 2 cousins overheads rods. But just managed to resist.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:58am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Finally managed to get out today for the first time in a long time...had planned a kingie mish but after talking to the fish whisperer (Dan) headed to Jones in search of anchovies, big kings and maybe a JD or two.....paddling out just before sunrise , no breeze and glass surface couldn't ask for much more except for some anchovies....nope not one anywhere to be found....so shelving the kingie mish headed out towards the Gulf on the outgoing tide.....found some good sign and in no time had just about binned up before the bite went off....after stuffing around a bit longer headed in and was off the water at 10am....biggest went just shy of 7lb.....I did drop one that felt a bit bigger but will have to go back another day.....all caught on what I thought was my Jonah reel....so no BMY you definately cant have my straddie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:33pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:14pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some nice fish there MK, went out of sullivans on monday and got a limit of pannies softbaiting into the rocks, had a very short fish this morning off narrowneck and got two good pannies in quick succession then home time, plenty of anchovies and bait around
Page  <1 689690691692693 849>