Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 678679680681682 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:42am
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all, just to flag with ya'll in the Auckland region our (Eastern BOP) annual kayak fishing comp will be held later in the year for 2019. The date set down is Saturday the 4th May as usual with the briefing the night before at the Whakatane Sports Fishing Club. The reason for the later date for the comp is a better chance of settled weather and the fishing is way better. This will be our 10th comp and we are looking at making it the best ever with input from all our main sponsors. Details of categories and prizes will be out soon. A new section for the biggest snapper over 60cm (catch & release) will be included.
Further enquiries contact me or send e mail.

Jeff Symonds
President EBOP Kayak Fishing Club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 2:04pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone get out this morning ? I’m going to try off army tomorrow arvo on the outgoing tide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:14pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will be out in the boat tomorrow, might say hi Dan before we head wide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:34pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:26am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How did everyone go? I was busy Saturday and Sunday morning so only managed to go yesterday arvo for a few hours locally, very little sign, no keepers, lots of traffic.
Yves how did you get on mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:53am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Terrible!  I got to the spot before dawn, and realised I was too late as there were already 5 boats on the mac spot. It was easy enough getting livies, but I could not get anything to to take em. And in about 15 minutes there were over a dozen boats clanking and bashing about , some collecting baits while others were trying for some surface action. I saw no one hook up, nor heard the happy screetching of a reel in the hour I was there. I moved off to some snapper spots, but there was zero interest theat also. Not being a fan of crowds I slow trolled my livey all the way up and past the harbour with zero interest the whole way. Myriads of jellyfish like organisms in the water, and lots of gannets about. But yeah, nothing on the scoreboard for me :-(
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:14pm
Platinum
Platinum

Just an off season or late start you reckon?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:56pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:06pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mark Kitteridge did pull a nice one out on the weekend south of RP. Saw it on ocean angler video, claimed to be 20lb but hard to tell if it was
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:12pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah last season was pretty good. I heard from a guy who did really well from a boat round Tiri on Sunday morning, got their limit of good snapper and he dropped a really good king.
Have to keep trying I guess, next weekend I'm definitely going to try RP, Sat morning. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad i chose to go in the boat. All the fish were out wide in 50m+ like shooting fish in a barrel out there (unless you are Boz) but a lot of boats, all were catching though, had to give Boz my orange inchiku after i had caught my limit and he went and caught about an 18lber on it... also got some kings and a JD, so yeah surprised they are still mostly sitting out deep at this time of year. Saw some good snapper sign around RP but no takers, only caught one pannie on an slider Wink before moving off pretty quickly to the deep
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm keen for a kingy mission this Saturday...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:13am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good to hear people getting out....looks like i will miss the big run this year as flying out for work for the next 4 weeks so back just before Xmas....will just have to make it up with some summer snaps instead.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:43am
Platinum
Platinum

Don't think you'll be missing too much Michael, the spring run hasn't really kicked in as yet by the sounds of most reports. 
 Travel safe and catch you up when you're back in town.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:31am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 3:06pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

After reading this i am seriously reconsidering on moving back 

https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/kayaker-sent-flying-after-4m-tiger-shark-attack-on-sunshine-coast/news-story/29776fc7703e8b1e284df2dec858fd18

LOL

yeah sounds Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 8:47am
Platinum
Platinum

Eeesh, that would've been a long 45 minute to wait for someone to turn up.
The weekend is looking mint boys, I've got a bit on Sat arvo so I'm gonna a launch early and race out to RP for a few hours, but can't be too long. 
Page  <1 678679680681682 849>