Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 659660661662663 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 9:58pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It was cool to see Rod (Rokkit) won the public vote for a new channel on FishFlicks. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and does some great videos.
He did a couple on a trip to NZ over New Year, had a tough time with the fishing but seemed to enjoy himself.

Hard Yakka Fishing Kayaker is another Aussie one which is enjoyable, makes me want to spend six months of the year in central Queensland. Check out the barra about 16 mins into this one. Fun viewing on a winter's night.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:18am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:11am
Titanium
Titanium

Haha, I doubt anybody has the primeval instinct to fish more than you, Dan!!

Sky Sports used to be my nightly relaxing thing once the kids are in bed, but I had to give it up as a cost saving measure after a few years on one income. So now I make do with a bit of youTube etc. 
I don't have the mental energy to follow a full drama series or something like that on Netflix or Lightbox.Maybe when the 2-year-old is a bit older.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:18pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the heads Tamure Kid on the Hard Yaker Kayak Fisher. Will definitely watch that and expect will have time to over next few days as IM ON HOLIDAY! Mainly to watch soccer and do some family stuff, bit of fishing gear maintenance and maybe a little fishing trip or two depending on when weather might allow.
Anyways, Dan that reel seemed reasonable (although not a Torque) even without a box or backing plate etc, neither which I need but possibly are still hidden in recesses of Greg's shop. Seems like handy little piece of kit, and as such may well grace my yak on occasion if want pull something bigger than my staple heavily used Calcutta200d won't do. Certainly cheaper to take than some of my options if rollover or get pulled over in heat of battle. Am maybe gunna take it for flick off the beach on one my surf rods as well.

They reckon it is unruly fast and spool can spin for amazing 12 seconds and good test on how good your thumb is. Mine is probably not practised for while but used to be able to cast a GT TSD4 shimano and Diawa LD30 more than a few yards. Neither which were ever considered great casters. Will be interesting to see if can be controlled. Suspect will be good on yak and boat as a heavy duty piece. This stage leaving 15kg nylon it came with on but thinking braid Pe 5 or 65 lb longer term.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:58am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:34pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes I remember the old Steve Spencer and fished with him in north shore surf casters many years ago... a dedicated angler who also helped quite a few others in their quest to catch a marlin. Not shy of an opinion or two either. Shame doesn't come on here anymore was very entertaining.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:36pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:34am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi guys. I’m heading to whangarei soon and wondered if any good harbour fishing. What could I catch this time of year?
If anyone wants to share a spot be good for a pm.
Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:29am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You got squid jigs? You can catch them off the rocks around the north head, Urquharts bay etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
Titanium
Titanium

Weather not looking great for the weekend! Might do a land based session or something.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Hi guys. I’m heading to whangarei soon and wondered if any good harbour fishing. What could I catch this time of year?
If anyone wants to share a spot be good for a pm.
Thanks.

Can I suggest giving Mike Burgin a call at Top Catch Whangarei, he should be able to put you in the picture, given he's a kayaker.
If you have time, it'd be great to get out to the Tutukaka coast area, lots of access points and good fishing for winter moochers in close.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:10pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the ideas. Will stop in at top catch for a chat.
Never thought about Squid. I have a jig - never been used so maybe.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 3:56pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:09pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

cheers, looks good on google maps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:06pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bugger, strong wind and rain Saturday, Sunday wind died off but rain hung around so water was muddy in the harbour.
Couldn’t get out all. Maybe next time. Going back to whangarei - definitely.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

I’m keen for an early flick south side of Whangaparaoa on Saturday morning. Anyone else heading out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:42pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
Titanium
Titanium

I gotta work in Hamilton on Sunday swapping a server out. Staying the night down there. Stoked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll be out tomorrow. Weather looks good and sewage warning all gone from here (Campbell's) although note Browns Bay and south of Milford is stiill an issue on the water quality swimming website.
Could always go for run in boat (thing that sits on driveway and barely used recently) I suppose, as haven't done a David Rocks softbait session for a while. Can be few nice fish stuging in kelp there this time of year.
Page  <1 659660661662663 849>