Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 648649650651652 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 6:54am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whats the plan for Saturday? Looks like 15 knots of W, anyone heading north?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:24pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm at Shakespeare on sat night / Sunday morning. Might have a quick one on the south side of the wind is not too strong.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck. Let us know how you get on, I haven't fished that side of the coast for a month or so.

I am heading north, hope the livies play ball this time!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
Titanium
Titanium

Sounds promising!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm major problems finding livies again, only caught 1 jack mack after 2 hours of scouting around. It was promptly eaten by a large kahawai.

Did a bit of softbaiting near the point and got a reasonable JD, and picked up a few pannies after high tide.

I might need a refresher lesson on catching kingies Dan!

Not happy with my sounders performance with the in-hull transducer, need to find a smaller transducer that fits the OK 4.5 elite scupper, and is compatible with my Lowrance Elite 4 Chirp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 8:48pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Have you tried the hayabusa sabikis, they will often get bites when other sabikis won't get a chance?

Nothing wrong with getting a good JD.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:02pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I would be happy with a jd and a kahawai!
Too windy this morning for Shakespeare so didn't head out.
Wednesday looking good. .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

Mate don’t get me wrong I have a nice plate of fillets in the fridge but I can reliably get snapper and John Dory just 5 mins down the rod. I really want to catch a king!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Captain Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:38pm
Captain Famous View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking at Wednesday morning, possibly on north shore so I can take a mate out on the double kayak. Any reports from Army Bay lately?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:52pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JMac83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
JMac83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone been fishing sullivans/big bay lately?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sullivan's this morning.
Only one snapper, 2 kahawai and a 96cm king caught on a kahawai.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:06pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:42am
Titanium
Titanium

Fished off a mates boat in the afternoon. Lots of action but lots of undersized fish released. Best sizes were between Motuora and the rocky islands S of moturekareka. Had a live kahawai out which got eaten by a good king, but I managed to pull the hook. I suspect the hook was too small for the size of the bait. Got my first gurnard for the season, several large kahawai kept for strayline baits, and 8 snapper kept. Nothing over 40cm, most early 30s.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:11am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cracking morning for it, and well done Bullet. I had limited time in the morning so stayed local. Plenty of bird and KY action about, but only small snappers underneath. Lots of fun and nice to be on the water though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:17pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nicely done Brent!Getting me fizzed up about going for a kingy fish again. Last time was much like Tele's escapade: No baitfish to play with, and KY out in force. I headed off my local at around 7 yesterday and got into a good range of snaps up to 55cm odd. Lots of small uns about. Picked up a fat gurnard and great to see theyre out there. I'll be focussing in on them over winter for sure. I saw a couple of workups BMY but they were too far away for me to investigate. Truth be told I was lazy and couldnt be bovvered. Back home for second cup of coffee by 8.30 :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by snapperdapper snapperdapper wrote:

Nicely done Brent!Getting me fizzed up about going for a kingy fish again. Last time was much like Tele's escapade: No baitfish to play with, and KY out in force. I headed off my local at around 7 yesterday and got into a good range of snaps up to 55cm odd. Lots of small uns about. Picked up a fat gurnard and great to see theyre out there. I'll be focussing in on them over winter for sure. I saw a couple of workups BMY but they were too far away for me to investigate. Truth be told I was lazy and couldnt be bovvered. Back home for second cup of coffee by 8.30 :-)

Looking forward to the carrot pulling, good eating. Wish I was in early, got a butt pimple from too long sitting.
I saw photos of limit bag snapper at mussel farm near kawakawa bay, caught in middle of day too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:05am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Yves there was patchy terns in BM at first light, but the larger workups were about a km straight out from eastern end of Coalmine bay. They moved around a bit and even on the way back into BM there was the odd small boil on the surface which disappeared before any birds arrived. 
Page  <1 648649650651652 849>