HALL OF FAME

Page  <12345 22>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kelpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:22pm
Kelpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Qaz with the RECORD Grandady Hapuka. A new stride for NZ Spearfishing. Cheers Qaz

Qaz with his PB cray

"Seperating the men from the boys"

dont weigh it, dont say it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Qaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:10pm
Qaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Somethings are best left unsaid Rusky

As for this picture, well...theres some bigger than my so called "PB"

http://www.gladiatormarine.co.nz/
A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeriBOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 6:19pm
KeriBOI View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

amateurs

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Qaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:52pm
Qaz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

http://www.gladiatormarine.co.nz/
A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jvins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 10:10pm
jvins View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

1, didnt weight them but they are the biggest so far
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:57pm
kolt45 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LJ, delete this post along with all the other non-worthy ones!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:01pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok have posted these before, but that was in a previous iteration of the HOF before LJ accidentally trashed it. I haven't really done anything notable (except for the last pic) since, so I'm just trading on the same old pics. 

Nassau grouper shot a couple of hours after blacking out on a 113m dive. Cheered me right up.

6.something kg warehou from Mana in the middle of winter

Couple of goldies from quite deep off the Mercs

10.2kg boary from the Mercs

40kg kingy from White. Only time my Riffe actually came in handy

Satisfying kind of a steephead. Diving the wall at Aitutaki, dropped amongst a big mixed school of napoleons and these guys.

Cod from Kapiti. Deep diving off Tokahaki in cold water and a 7mm suit. Joy. Was 37m to the sand from memory, I have the dive log somewhere. Realised it was a bit silly and eased off, because there was really no effective safety in that vis/current. But it was fun.

Marlin that really should have known better than to swim right in close to shore

3rd deepest dive by a human thus far

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pathos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:15pm
pathos View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ok i hope this is worthy of the hall of fame bit of a story to go with it I dont know how to rotate the photo sorry. LJ if the yarn to long just delete it.

The day I shot this jobbie had to of been one of the most spectacular days spearfishing I have ever had. I was living on the gold coast at the time the weather had been great for about a week and reports of 30 mtr plus vizo off the coast had me very excited. I got a call from a friend called Denis he was diving the next day and had a spot for me, i was in. We crossed the tweed bar just after daylight it was calm and as we passed over the top of fidos reef i could clearly see the sand and reef below we still had viz. We headed straight for nine mile reef a nine mile round trip from the tweed bar. We could see the reef from some distance away the water was churning on the top when we reached the front edge I peered over the side and could clearly see the sand at 25mtrs we headed up current about 100mtrs and I geared up and jumped in as soon as I hit the water I realised the current was ripping and the front edge would be coming up really soon as I approached there was a wall of surgon fish from top to bottom in amoungst them masses of stingrays all different types and lepord sharks small cobia and a big school of giant trevallies towards the bottom before I knew it I was sucked over the front edge (no point even trying to swim back) I was so blown away I had forgotten to dive. The front edge of the reef jumps up from 25mtrs  to solid reef up to about 15mtrs then slowly slopes off again into 20-28mtr with large sandy areas known as sand holes. anyway the fish life died off and as I angled in the current for the first sand hole shapes appeared bellow me crusing the bottom Sharks I headed for the bottom as I did so I realised there were dozens of sharks all different kinds black tip whalers, snub nose whalers, bull sharks some quite large10-12 foot. I hit the bottom pulled up a mtr or so of float line into my spare hand grabbed the bottom and held on. ( when diving ripping current and wanting to maintain a position on the bottom this is crucial as your floatline soon goes tight making it impossible to manuver you gun) The sharks were not aggressive well not yet anyway, just hanging in the current around the same area a couple made passes at me on the bottom the last of which I gave a gentle poke befor heading for the surface. My heart was racing nine mile was alive what was coming next? I saw the glow of the white sand approaching and headed for the bottom big speckeled surgons everywhere and large spangled emperors boosting off accross the sand. I hit the bottom took up some slack in my floaline threw a couple of handfulls of sand up, head down and waited counting to 10 and just like ray said in there they were smaller fish within range big boys hanging off nine mile jobbies. I picked the closest fish and drilled him. I hit the surface and sharks were appearing on the bottom by the time I had the jobbie subdued I was over the back edge and the boat was on me , what a drift. The second drift I just b- lined straight for the first sand hole I wanted  more jobfish flesh . The sand hole approached I breathed up and headed for the bottom this time I waited a little longer before looked up massive spangled emperors within range and in came the jobbis agin I looked back to the bottom waited and again drilled the closest fish. This time headeding to the surface the sharks were on me I hauled the fish with me a upon hitting the surface yelled for the boat they were starting to get nasty. My turn boatie next drift gave me time to compose myself and stop my hands shaking, hell this sport can have its moments. Next drift I had my sights set on one of the bigger jobbies I had seen in the school> again I legged it for the first sand hole breathing up the whole way it was 26mtr to the sand and I needed all the bottom time I could muster. This time I threw sand up and wriggled my elbows and knees into the sand and waited head down for  as long as I could handle I slowly peered up smaller jobbies close by and then a larged fish came that little bit closer I lobbed a shot and boom- shanker drilled him tearing towards the surface the sharks were on me again in second amazing how the come from nowhere so fast they were aggressive and I thought I was going to loose my prized jobbie I hauled him with me squeeled for the boat this time and with shaft and jobbie in one hand gun in the other made lunges at the tax collectors as the rushed me The boat was on me pretty quick and I was out of there. The biggest jobbie weighed in at 13kg and it was one of the most exciting days spearing I have had.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 1:45pm
kolt45 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

First 3-pronged goldie??  As for hall of fame, that's all I got.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 1:48pm
kolt45 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well, I did get this jobbie, just shy of 10kg

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 1:55pm
kolt45 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My PB polespear kingfish from Mahia, 23kg.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:32pm
TG View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm not even going to try. Or maybe this one, was cool for me! It's head was bigger than mine, surely that must count?

TG
http://mondoedge.com
http://twitter.com/mondoedge
http://facebook.com/309681785793

"Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:13am
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:07pm
JoshL View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very long time since i've been on here.
Here's my best snap.
10.8kg Great Merc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nick W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 1:31pm
Nick W View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just a few of the better things I have shot.

36kg kingi Hawkes Bay

25kg kingi Napier

Couple boars from coromandel

8.75kg Snapper Coromandel

4.51kg Packie

Just short of 4kg Red cray

Coral lobster from Vanuatu

First Goldie 1.25kg

Gurnard from the sounds

Kapiti squid shot on the run from a fair distance

Ruby off Hawkes bay

NZ record albie at 10.07kg (just for you DD)

Puka (6kg at a guess)

3 fish 1 shot (was 4 but the 4th ripped off)

20kg doggie (just crazy powerful these fish)

5Kg trev

And for the land hunters a couple of stags 8pt sika and 12pt red

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scotty123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 11:27pm
scotty123 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My first jd and the 1st one i was as well ever haha i have seen.

My first kawai and 1st butter. stoked haha allsome day at army bay with kirlu7
The SFFB way!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:48pm
tom1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

my first 20+...

went 9.45kg, or 20.8 in old money!!  The boys got nothing off the idiot sticks!
Got it off the other side of that stack in the background, was from a group of a dozen of the same size, except for one, which looked half as big again as the restShocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:22pm
tom1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

been 18months in the making that fish, can go back to weedlining nowLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jvins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:27pm
jvins View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well, its my first time posting somethings here, been to Pania reef today, rough seas, very bad vis, bout 2 mtre, but i guess it paid off to go out today;
Spear that one from one of the outer reef, mangled my shooting line pretty bad on the reef and had to give him a bit of 90cm love had the end. Biggest fish so far, 30,2kg, Stoked.
Hail for Hawkes bay!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diver Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:46am
Diver Dan View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish JVINS - you need to learn how to hold your fish properly for the camera though. It does help when you are a midget like me! This is a 30kg model from Cuvier this year.
Page  <12345 22>