HALL OF FAME

Page  <1234 22>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cartoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 6:30pm
cartoonz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mikes made everyone else's "Hall of Fame" so thought he might as well go in this one.

I read in the Truth News paper a few years ago that he was quite keen to "Soap up and have a splash" whenever he could get away from the farm? There were a few handy shore dive spots near by I beleive...Geek
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Altair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 10:39am
Altair View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

13lb Snapper from the broken islands and a couple of pannies.

22lbs my biggest snapper so far.

My 1st two tarakihi. the 1st one came in on my snapper burley in about 9m.

Biggest kingi 29kg and a 8.2kg Snap

18lbs

AmberJack shot in Raro

Some of my best U/W Pics from Raro

Moray

Parrot fish

Boxfish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 8:57pm
chong View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Been a long time since I posted (or swam) .. anyhow .. this is my first boary caught in Jan 09

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:34pm
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out today with Bokken over Port Underwood. Sea was the flattest its been in a month but viz was 5 mtrs at best. So not that crash hot.
Went out from Robin Hood bay in me 2.6mtr rib to afew bays around and jumped in. Was surprised at the massive number of large paua just under the boat at 3mtrs. No issue getting quota arond there. Biggest we got was 14cm.
Heaps of bugs in berry I must have picked up 10 (and left another 15odd) of them but ended up with 4 males so was happy with that. Surprised how many were around. I managed 10 butters and some good paua. All in all very good adventure dispite the viz.

here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 9:13pm
spear crazy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

heres some of my better days
Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigmacg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 9:57pm
bigmacg View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is my first snapper and boarfish, got them on the same weed line. i got the snap one day then the boari the next... or the other way around i cant remember?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:21pm
Platinum
Platinum

Me and Bokken went out to Port  Underwood Today. We left Nelson at 0630 and arrived at Robin hood at 0830 where we loaded the gear into me dingy and putted around a few bays.

Fair to say the conditions where very average, well thats probably too nice, it was crap. But who's going to let that hold you back.  Viz at best would be 3mtrs. Temp was good, swell map said 14d. Heaps of crap in the water.

Found a few crays around the place but most either too small or just that too far back to reach and of course a number missed for being to slow... Usual story, you've dropped ya gun and a nice butter swims by. Unfortunatley for a few Butters the gun wasn't that far away and some quick shots and bad placement meant for a few extra's in the catch bag.  Bokken got his first cray which is awesome plus a couple of butters.  Don't think the cray had many legs left after that.

I managed a little better (luck of the draw), 6 crays, 8 Butters and 10 Paua.  I can tell you dragging around that sort of weight is a struggle. But its nice coming home with a good feed. Already have people wanting seafood for Xmas, least this will cover it all thankfully. Next time its all mine!

The conditions were getting worse during the Am into the Pm. Whilst the viz didn't change the wind and swell came up a little. The trip home was memorable with my Pontoon Dingy filling half way up with waves that kept coming in. The Wind was blowing the spey into my eyes which made it hard to stear and as more water comeing the flippin motor stopped. Not ideal really. Grabbed the paddles but managed to get the thing going Thumbs Up and we were away, only to keep filling up with water. Faster/Slower....no difference. Figured it was a good way to keep the fish and crays etc fresh right....... Didn't notice but a cray got out and was swimming around the dingy. Bit of a laugh as one does not expect to see the food swiming in ones boat.Embarrassed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hud2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 10:52am
hud2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkr9iDiTXHc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kelpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm
Kelpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A snapper (4kg) and Trevally  (2.4kg) taken from ti point.

dont weigh it, dont say it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cpt kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 1:20pm
cpt kernow View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

This was the first week of Jan.

Could've taken a boat load but one each was ample.
This was the same day I had the "Safety on" incident with my snapper.

And one of the many meals. Baked fillet with cheese and onion, Also made one of the best curries I've eaten outside England.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hud2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:27pm
hud2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

caught this sucker in the chilly waters down south.  put up a good fight too. . .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigmacg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:29pm
bigmacg View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

fish from jan 2010.
before i go back to school Cry

15 lb snapper. 2nd snapper shot on a weedline.
boarfish shot just after that snap above same weedline. i got another boari around the same size a couple days before but i cant find any pics of that
biggest kingi yet shot on new years day the 1st. good start 2 the year.
this snapper is my first to brake the 20 lb mark. it weightd in at 10.5 kgs - 23 lbs
also first snapper shot of a ground burley.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:59pm
Platinum
Platinum

Took the day off work on Monday to go out spearfishing. Plan was to be in Havelock at 8am sharp for meet the boat, that did not happen really, first run for a new boat - 12 mtr alloy 3 jets (cruzed at 32knots and top speed of 45) had a few issues, e.g lost keys, someone forgot to fill a hole etc which meant we did not get away till around 11am. All good when you get a phone call from work at 3.50am to go in and help work before leaving. Precious sleep gone!. Anyho we left and headed for Durville. Conditions were good, was a bit bumpy when we got to open sea but as soon as we rounded the top of durville as you can see in the pic was flat az.

Viz was around 10mtrs which for the SI is great and nice and warm. Spend a few hours in the water and really enjoyed the viz and fish life. Not much around in terms of other species but area had nice large bommies coming up near the surface and dropping away to 10mtrs, nice weedlines with sandy patches. Its almost what you expect in the NI and expecting to see a Snapper around. But as you can see in the pic Butters and Moki. Some very large butters and good moki. I managed 11 butters and 3 Moki which is not too bad by my standard. Other guy only managed 2 butters...

Jumped in around some working birds to see if there is any kings around but as my luck goes, nothing.

Headed back into Ketu bay which is popular for scollies, only issue was heaps of dredges had been pulled through and it made a mess of the bottom. They were hard work even for the divers in the water. Managed my deepest dive with no issues at 19mtrs. Its amazing how deep you can dive when you don't know how deep it is when you go down.

All in all a good day, viz and terrain made for a really great day.

A long day in the end. Got home at 10pm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Altair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 10:16pm
Altair View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hey guys, here is a vid i made end of last year...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bad uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 10:05pm
Bad uncle View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my first moki, so very happy with it, will be getting smoke, so cant wait to eat it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:30am
random View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This thread looks like it could use a bit of a boost. Im not really too much into Writing anymore, but here's a bunch of pic's from around the world to keep you amped on diving. Dont forget theres a whole bunch of other species outside NZ waters.
Not all of them are found on your tropical holiday to Vanuatu and the likes either...

just a little something to keep you guys going through the winter....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tab47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 7:16pm
tab47 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

First ever Boary taken on my fourth dive ever. Me and my mate sammy were out at slipper island off whangamata dived down and saw him sitting head tucked into the weeds with a mate beside him.

Also got my first Kingy on the same trip pretty stoked (you can tell by my big dumb grin), was a really gud trip!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JRDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:41pm
JRDO View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Once upon a time in 2009 I went diving at a special little spot known as Ti point, we took my 4 kilo chilly bin. This was a special day for me because we equaled the best ever Bluefin diver to JD ratio. If you're not a trusted Bluefin member you might never know that ratio. Shame.

Another day, much longer ago, I went diving at little barrier, on Fizzles lazercraft, he was the current national champion and the legendary PTP was with us. After 45mins diving old goldie rock, they had zero and I had found this 6kg model sitting facing the current under the demi's and even a JD to boot, result. As I was ghosting down on this fish I was stoked when I identified it as a Trev, I'd never seen a big one and was hoping it's have a bit of fight, shot it through the spine. Such a shame there was water on the lens of this shot, it's classic. I wish I still had a smoothie.

LJ can you delete all the boring comments out of this topic, I'd do it myself but you'd have to make me a moderator and I don't think I'd get much support for that motion??
BANNED from doing anything about anything anymore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spear crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:22pm
spear crazy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

chicks, 3 snapper up to 4.5kg, a boarie and 2 crays(ones a goodie)

super deep goldies to the axemen

15lb snap snooped in coro, stoned this bad ass. Was in really good condition and was full of baby  reef fish(leatherjackets etc)

coromandel polespear mission! very succesful, missed out on a big boarie by being over zealous and chasing it

Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kelpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:22pm
Kelpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hen,3.5kg Snapper

2 Nice Crays

Haul from the hen less 3 crays and a turkey

dont weigh it, dont say it
Page  <1234 22>