HALL OF FAME

Page  <1 1819202122>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:08pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by herby herby wrote:

he said the transport....labour and materials will be at my cost. 

IMO that makes the decision really easy. I've paid off a few tradesmen in my time... and then gotten in someone else more competent to re-do the job the following week. 

To me it's a better option than haggling and fighting to get a dude to reluctantly re-attempt a task that he's actually not capable of.

Good luck to all parties involved. I know for an absolute fact that you're not a chap to give up Herby. Ever. Lord help this taxidermist! Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 5:57pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Unclejake Unclejake wrote:

Good luck to all parties involved. I know for an absolute fact that you're not a chap to give up Herby. Ever. Lord help this taxidermist! Smile

Like a weed that won't go away aye Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Diver Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 6:12pm
Diver Dan View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rusky Rusky wrote:

Originally posted by Unclejake Unclejake wrote:

Like a weed that won't go away aye Wink

When are you going to post a snapper in this thread Rusky???
Proud member of the Glen Innes Spearfishing Club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 6:02pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Progress!
After a few emails back and forth suggesting he might like to reconsider, the taxidermist has agreed to do the alterations (as requested in April) free of charge. Probably see it again in 6 months but at least it will look better.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:45pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shot!  It will come back twice as bad now LOL

DD, I'll post a pic of a snapper after you put a 40lber up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:46pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Man, you're negative! Good luck with that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 9:16pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Progress!
After a few emails back and forth suggesting he might like to reconsider, the taxidermist has agreed to do the alterations (as requested in April) free of charge. Probably see it again in 6 months but at least it will look better.

That's pretty good news. Hope it turns out just how you wanted. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRAYMOUNTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 8:35am
CRAYMOUNTS View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

why did you  not use paddy?he may be able to sort it out.
CLASS CRAYMOUNTS DONE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:07am
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good question. This guy was recommended to me by a land animal taxidermist.
Paddy is actually doing another fish of mine at the moment which I'm happy about!
The Mu guy said he'd do my alterations free of charge, good result right? Well, kinda... I said 'goodie, when the mount gets back to you can you please refund my money, then when you're finished I'll just pay for it then?'
He's not willing to do that, but I'm not willing to find myself in the situation where he has my money and mount for an unknown amount of time, especially when you consider it took him from mid April until last week to do, well, nothing, who knows how long it'll take him to actually do anything to it? If he's got my money he's not likely to feel that any urgency is necessary.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Leatherjacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 3:22pm
Leatherjacket View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Here's my first Mu, shot on a trip to Fiji last week. Not as big as Herby's but... 

I like the colours of my mount better...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote inspearation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:02pm
inspearation View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:23pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That Mu is cute!

The saga of mine continues;
The original taxidermist clearly isn't very confident of doing a good repaint, so he is refunding me the cost of getting another taxidermist to repaint it... which isn't a hell of a lot less than the total cost of the thing. Poor bugger probably went backwards on it, should've done a good job in the first place I guess.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:27pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well that's good of him.

Or persistent of you...

Or both.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He had very few options, and it was probably the least troublesome (for him) of the options that I gave him.

UJ called it early.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _Jimmy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 9:44am
_Jimmy_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hell Herby,  http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1407866568/1#1   good yarn.  First i'd really heard of it.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 9:47am
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From now on I'm only going to use taxis that I've seen their work. 

Paddy is awesome, cant wait to see how the big gurnard torns out.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cartoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 10:03am
cartoonz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Jesus Herb, you'll be running out of wall space by now...

I'll up-date it for you when I find the time...Geek
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 10:07am
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha! I just inherited a pretty mean collection of shells too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustcallmeDoris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 5:26pm
JustcallmeDoris View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A couple of personal bests this summer...

15.9kg kingy from a kayak trip out of Opito Bay.  Some of the fish you boys post on here could eat my kingy... but nice to be slowly improving.  Was also my first kingy killshot.  Put all the advice into action when I saw him swim into view while I was lying on a rock 10m down.  

I looked away, ahead of him thinking to myself "you idiot, this better work because now you can't see him".  Sure enough, he swam into view.  I waited until he turned away and fired.  He was doing that spasm they sometimes do when stunned - but the flopper hadn't dropped.  Swam to him, rammed the spear through then realised he was probably dead.  Swam him to the surface.  

He was dead, thankfully.  Lost one 2 years ago doing the same thing... except that one wasn't dead and all hell broke loose when he woke up (knocked my mask off my face).  This fish won me the biggest speared kingy at the Opito Bay fishing comp.  Stoked!

My second ever snapper went 7.3kgs on a shorey while camping up at Whangaruru last week.  Put all the Axemen's advice into action and it paid off.  

Quietly over a rock, late afternoon sun over my shoulder and there he was about 6m down.  A couple of kicks and boom.  Family banned me from spearfishing for days after that... "NO MORE FISH".

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 5:31pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You have to pace yourself carefully up there, eh. Otherwise you do one day of diving then have to just look at stuff for the next four. Nice couple of fish!
Page  <1 1819202122>