LBG Hall of Fame

Page  <12345 12>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 12:40am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Scott Harman
02 Jan 09
COromandel
19.6kg
Dead piper
24kg mono
Fight time 10mins
Gaffman - Me
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 12:52pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 7:07pm
james View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ANGIER: Stuart webb
DATE: 26th january 2009
SPECIES: Kingfish
WEIGHT: 14kg
RIG: 24kg plateapus pre test, TLD 25, beastmaster, and a live kahawai
FIGHT TIME: Around 10min
GAFFMAN: James jackson

This was stuart first landbased king after 5 years of putting lives outClap
the look on his face says it allBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 7:50pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Only one fish for the day.bloody slow going ..6.02KG. 
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 9:28pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Found the pic I was lookin for awhile now after cleaning up the old HDD.

12lber from last year.

Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote buddha37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:13pm
buddha37 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

my first NZ snapper since being home dec08
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 9:37am
aidan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey guys not the biggest fish ever but my biggest landbased anyway

rig:strayline with blue mackerel
fight time:4 or 5 mins
weight:4.5kg's
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 9:13pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

heres something different,

tarakihi of the rocks, Far north dec 08
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 3:49pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Angler: Matt Pickford

Fish: 14kg approx Kingo-Jingo

Gaffman: Montie Baskett

Fight time: 15mins

Line: 24kg

Bait: Live Kahawai

Date: Late April, 2006

Not the biggest king, but Matt's first from the shore, and he got it right where the boats launch at Amodeo, in driving rain.

The first shot shows the previous morning off an island off the coast- beautiful conditions all day, but not a king to be seen. Plenty of nice pannies, though.

Overnight the rain hit and in the morning it was chucking it down, so we decided to have a try at the rivermouth, which was pumping out mud and general crap- the first fresh of the Autumn. While we were pulling in panfish, a couple of kings started carving up the kahawai, and Matt was the first of us to get out a livie, which lasted about 5mins.

A good end to what could have been a washout day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonnyBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 12:06pm
JonnyBlaze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here is a shot of Ahab holding a 8lb snapper from a easy walk to spot at Waiheke.  Its the biggest snap we have pulled out of that spot which always produces something.  We havent been fishing it the last year or so for no particular reason.
We have also caught kahawai, kings, trevs, squid and Ahab once hooked a very large bronzie there on a live bait which put on a amazing areial display.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 5:27pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Getting towards that time of year again... been ages since i last had a crack, hanging out to get into some more.

a handful of pics from 2008

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ILEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:42pm
ILEX View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cruised out for a quick solo mish tonight near Lion rock on the farm in the heavy rain -fished next to a waterfall and got an alright one on a marlin bait
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote forsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:18am
forsyth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

About time I put these in here. A 4.2kg on the left and a 7.02 on the right :) (and another 4kg in the bin)

NZFisher: Get your free monthly fishing magazine emailed straight to you. http://www.nzfisher.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:36pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

big fat 8 lb kY caught on fresh piper

great barrier Island easter weekend 09, on my uncles land Smile

and a mates 4 lb dark kelpy snapper

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:47am
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Finally I can finally post a PB here!

Location: Somewhere near Doubtless Bay (NSSC/Doubtless Bay inter-club)
When: Queens Birthday
Gear: 7' backbone Elite spin & 6500B
Rig: Mainline 15kg, 80lb trace, 2x 7/0 recurve + whole jack mack butterflied
Size: 76cm
Weight: 12.3lb / 5.6kg

This snapper opened his mouth for me in a southerly, at mid tide... go figure .

I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:44pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

think I put up mine aswell Wink without the fancy attire.

13.6lb(6.2kg) Kingi -  My first LB king. A rat on certain standards but hope its the first of many.

5.95kg(13.11lb) Snapper.
3rd place 2009 Doubtless Bay Inter-Club Fishing Comp. North Land.

Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CALSTAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:14pm
CALSTAR View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Snapper caught in the Far North April 09.

6.35 k on 10 k
All fishermen are liars except you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ILEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:21pm
ILEX View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Roland Perry
18.2 pound
Big hunk of mullet
up from Lion Rock
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CALSTAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:01pm
CALSTAR View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Same trip to far north as the snap. Good trip. Trevally to 4.75k, kings to 19.12k and snapps to 8.42k Big%20smile

4.75k Trev again caught on 10k not a huge fish but a good enough one for me. These things were like hooking 15k kings they are wicked. I scapped with one for 30 odd minutes on 2k but lost it at the rocks. I think we landed 30 odd for the day. 4 kept and the rest released.

15k king from rod holders. Deep hooked this one so kept it for the locals. A good supply of fresh fillets gets you a long way up there. Big%20smile

Strange abscence of big kings on our trip this year. Never to mind we had a wicked week of fishing
All fishermen are liars except you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote timfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:38pm
timfish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

March 09
Aussie
18kg yellow fin tuna off the rocks
I gaffed it while the misses held the rod
Page  <12345 12>