rod selection

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rod selection
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 12:13pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Im going to buy a new spin rod and have been looking at the rodworks Illusions and the
CD dropshots.
Any one been using either of these rods.

Or what else is there in the  higher priced end of the market
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 12:52pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haven't seen the CD Dropshots yet worksux but I remember seeing the Advertisments for them a while back, who stocks them ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 12:54pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You seen the Reel Rods custom softbait jobbies?

Have a squiz

P O R N O!

I sense Moocha will want a couple too!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 6:06pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shhhhh fly boy men are talkingLOL , now go help yourself to a pie and a Liquor king promo while you are  waiting LOLWinkClown

But one maybe an option yes Wink, remember that certain oursies credit card off you know who we better get it ASAP Thumbs%20UpLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 4:23am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mooch, the CD rod are at fish city $340.

Your not wrong Finatic, those jobbies from reelrods look damn fine,
Any one using one?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:05am
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am currently using an offshore illusion series 5-10kg(?) or there abouts.
It is a sweet rod,have a certate on it very light and well finished.My mates reckon it is too stiff,but that is because its slightly heavier than theirs Confused.Certainly a grunty little rod,has dealt to some shallow water kelpies recently on it debut,with that rod rating I think it will be capable of some semi decent kings.
For the money,I paid $320 and then saw when in Hamilton if I had gone to fish city with my card it would have been $260 Angry.
I am going to get an over head version aswell so I am very happy.  

i am a big fan of CD rods though,I had a look at their s/b stick on monday,felt nice although a little bit of a "plain jane",I guess the proof is in the blank.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote roddholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:24am
roddholder View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Synit......are there any others?.
she was only a fishermans daughter, but she reeled at the sight of my rod!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:39am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have 4 Offshore rods (2 Elite 8-10kg overheads, 1 Illusion 6-8kg spin and 1 custom 3-6kg spin built on a CTS Tournament blank). Love them all Smile
The Elites are fairly soft action compared to the Illusions, but all have heaps of power down low and are beautifully made. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:19am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

But one maybe an option yes Wink, remember that certain oursies credit card off you know who we better get it ASAP Thumbs%20UpLOL

Azza would probably be into one too... they come in camo so you can sneak them past wifey All you lads need now is a camo visa card!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:42pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by falco falco wrote:

I

i am a big fan of CD rods though,I had a look at their s/b stick on monday,felt nice although a little bit of a "plain jane",I guess the proof is in the blank.

Same I really like my CD 6-8kg Albargaph plumbfibre and its delt to a few nice fish,  a bit of blood and guts spices up that plain jane exterior Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 6:01pm
sgb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i rate offshore rods highly, just got a 3-6kg elite for a baitcaster, use a 8-10kg for stray lining. Next will be a 6-8kg spin version.

As MarkE said, the elites are fairly soft at the tip but have plenty of grunt down low, the build quality and finnish are amazing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elpescador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:42am
Elpescador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

other options are quantum cabo,t curve and of course custom kojak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 5:18pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers fellas.
been having another look and it look like the cd rod may be the way to go.
being slightly longer and softer in the tip i think it may make the lucanus jigs work better...... I hope.
going to mate it with a little shimano saragosa 4000. man they're a sweet reel.
We got a couple of boat and fishing shows over the next week so will wait and see what specials come along