New Gulp Alives?

Page  <12345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:36am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Mad Matt, Yes it was Tauranga shop. I was looking for Wahoo jigheads which are hard to find and noticed the new Gulp Alive containers. I didnt look closely at the time to see what was in them and thought they had just changed the container.
I just bought 5 packets of the old 5 inch jerkshads packs so Id better wait till theyve gone.
I reckon they should have say 3 different colours in the one Gulp Alive container, say 7 nuke chooks, 7 lime tigers, and 7 pink shines or whatever.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:55am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I reckon they should have say 3 different colours in the one Gulp Alive container, say 7 nuke chooks, 7 lime tigers, and 7 pink shines or whatever.

Asked that question  and its not possible at this stage,seems making the gulp is  labour intensive and combining colours in the 1 pot would add cost thru added labour...Dont quote me on that but it was from a very reliable source Wink
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 10:18am
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have you asked this 'reliable source' if there gonna be doing lime tigers or pink shines in gulp alive?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Kingfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 10:59am
Jack Kingfisherman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Madmatt Madmatt wrote:

Have you asked this 'reliable source' if there gonna be doing lime tigers or pink shines in gulp alive?

Yeh, i'll be getting some of those if they come out!Big%20smile
FISH,SLEEP,EAT,FISH,SLEEP,EAT,FISH,SLEEP,EAT,FISH,SLEEP,EAT.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 8:44pm
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I might order some of those mann hardnoses  when i have some money...

What colours do you recommend?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 8:51pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I might order some of those mann hardnose thingys when i have some spare money...

What colours do you recommend?

ive got 10- 15 lures in each colours can have them for free prolly 100 
lures there most unused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:22pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Eventually
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:28pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Eventually

Its a good idea because its basically a bulk packet always wondered why 
they didnt do 15 in a pack or something of the sort sooner
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:41pm
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its because they wouldn't make so much money....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 9:52pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They are the best most consistant lure in NZ i think - also they started the whole crazy that have modified and improved how most of us fish. When i started i would use 30-40$ of bait a day for nothing special and while softbaiting most days for more then a full bin of better sized fish i would use maybe 10-20$ in lures so saves me money and mess and gut hooked fish. So even at 2$ a lures thats still good value.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 10:41pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its because they wouldn't make so much money....

We get what were given..bottom of the world and second to last behind aussie...LOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 10:51pm
cod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

get it right pie boy behind tasmaniaTongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 9:02am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Roll on the Slams Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 10:16am
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Do you know what price they are going to retail for?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 10:29am
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just a guess but going off that ozzy link price ( http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/category245_1.htm ) and the exchange rate $10 a pkt ?
But who knows the price of gulps going anywhere from $9.90 to $11.99 in the shops around here...
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 10:42am
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Do they work out to be better value for money? How many are in a packet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 12:53pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Originally posted by nylg1 nylg1 wrote:

But who knows the price of gulps going anywhere from $9.90 to $11.99 in the shops around here...
Ah but now its $7 for 5 remember so they will have to be competitive. Ill be buying the bulk Alive pack in future. Free juice too Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 12:57pm
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

People will still buy the packets because of the ease of opening and closing and also space saving.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 7:34pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

People will still buy the packets because of the ease of opening and closing and also space saving.....

I wont be, just take them out and put them into smaller containers if you wish or take them all out with you.
Us yak fishoes limited with space use heaps of different gulps mixed in a smaller airtight containers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MadMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 7:37pm
MadMatt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah but they must be a pain in a bit of wind due to the kayak rocking = spilled juice!
Page  <12345>