Looking for an apprenticeship

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 10lbseabass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for an apprenticeship
    Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 6:51pm
10lbseabass View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi

I am arriving in New Zealand with my family in August where my wife will be working as a nurse in Tauranga Hospital.    I am looking for an apprenticeship in a building trade as the job I have been doing in the UK will not transfer to NZ.

I am a fit, healthy and very hard working 37 year old. In my teens and early 20’s I worked as a labourer for a variety of tradesmen including carpenters, plasterers and bricklayers. In recent years I have worked as a self-employed surveyor in the insulation industry so already have a good general understanding of building methods.

As well as supporting a hopeless fishing habit, I also have 2 young kids who need feeding from time to time. For these reasons I am fully committed to making a go of a new career in a trade and am looking forward to a fresh start. Both my wife and I have residency so I am eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.

If anyone can help out at all I would love to hear from you.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waitakidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:58am
waitakidan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Best of luck mate. Hope it al goes well for you.
Good luck with finding a job. Other option is send your wife out to get a second job, and you just fishThumbs%20Up
Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 9:38am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by waitakidan waitakidan wrote:

Best of luck mate. Hope it al goes well for you.
Good luck with finding a job. Other option is send your wife out to get a second job, and you just fishThumbs%20Up
Dan

Haha Big%20smile My missus has 2 jobs, unfortunately she doesnt earn enough for me to quit mine - maybe she could get a job for Sundays also...DeadDeadBig%20smile
 Best of luck - Im sure you'll find a job, heaps out there if your willing to put some effort in Wink 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 10lbseabass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 10:03pm
10lbseabass View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Plenty of overtime night shifts coming up for the wife I fear. I just need a copy of the Tauranga tide tables and I can start strategically booking those in for her.       Also need to look into getting the kids some gainful employment I guess. Perhaps some agricultural laboring or a bit of commercial fly tying in a sweatshop in the back garden
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 2:02pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Download this handy gadget... http://www.tumonz.co.nz/ccount/click.php?id=65 it's a tide viewer... just click on Tauranga and plan away....
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier