Kayakfishing hall of fame.

Page  <12345 17>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 1:12pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice photos HLD, where did you get those trout up north?
So many fish, so little time,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:11pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry for the late reply CharlieF, Been tied up in other threads.

The trout were from Lake Manuwai, just out of Kerikeri - typical size are 1lb sprats, but lots of em. Biggest I've heard of out of the lake was just on 3lb.
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shamus@VK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 1:43pm
Shamus@VK View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There are some great shots there guys!!!!

Can you send them to me c/o  [email protected] and we will put you in the draw for the $99 worth of Mister Twister Exude softies!!!!!

Make sure you put your name and any other relevant info you may want printed.

Look forward to getting them from you asap.
90% of Fish are caught by 10% of the Fisherman, 90% of those Fisherman are Kayakers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SLaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 6:57pm
SLaine View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Its not a big fish but it was caught by me this week at the Kaiaua mussel farm on a 7" lime tiger

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 7:37pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice fat juicy snapper there Slaine, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote handlethejadel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:13am
handlethejadel View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Days work on the east Auckland coastal bays. (ps the smallest isn't mine)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:36am
Titanium
Titanium

I like the huge hatch on that yak of yours Handle, I also like the built in Yak Trolley on that model  LOL

Some nice snaps there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:55am
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my best catch from the kayak... all on softplastics and 4lb braid

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 11:56am
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Only got to 8kg this Sunday so down 2kg on my best snapps of 10kg caught the previous Sunday (I'm not complaining thoughBig%20smile). Mr Lucanus did not work for me that well but it did get some grunty bites. Limitless landed a nice one around 10.6kg and baits were the favourite on the menu today.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:12pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More pics with land marks please Wink
Good fish PBs or notThumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Limitless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:39pm
Limitless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Badfish Badfish wrote:

More pics with land marks please Wink
Good fish PBs or notThumbs%20Up

Here you go Badfish, you can read the GPS co-ordinates... LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 4:37pm
Titanium
Titanium

S'alright BF, I know where it is - Cross my palm with enough alkyhol and I will tell all....<HIC!>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Limitless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 6:03pm
Limitless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Hairy Little Dwarf Hairy Little Dwarf wrote:

S'alright BF, I know where it is - Cross my palm with enough alkyhol and I will tell all....<HIC!>

Oh no - I've been warned about you HLD, have to stop Yak fisher posting shots with backgrounds Shocked... just so you know, we relocated 1,000km to take the shot and give you the wrong location LOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 6:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah - I know about that one tooBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 7:26pm
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

jeeze i need to come fishing with you yak fisher... that's a pretty darn good success rate.Clap

seriously..... can i come fishing with you.Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 7:54pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done guys - some nice fish being caughtClap
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 8:07pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by LEVCAT LEVCAT wrote:

jeeze i need to come fishing with you yak fisher... that's a pretty darn good success rate.Clap

seriously..... can i come fishing with you.Wink

LEVCAT mate, half the battle is hooking up and landing it! The biggest half is getting on the spot in the first place! I cannot take the credit this time (yesterday) for the X spot as Limitless guided me there and I just fished up wind from him (not because of his farts, just out of respect for his patch). However I can say that when I caught my 10kg one the previous week end, the bugger came over to me and dropped his tackle very close to me(fishin gear guys and dollsShocked) but alas my PB hooked up within a couple of minutes of his arrival!
This guy has clocked up many good locations over the years and out of respect I did not even mark any spots as waypoints (bugger!)
Seeing him with his new toy (side imaging/scan sonar) is like watching an SAR helicopter pilot hover over a scene and keeping postion on the target area to secure the load!
I'm learning so much at the moment and it is great. I love seeing my baits sinking to the bottom on the FF and even better when Mr fishy pops over to it and has a chomp!
Cheers
Yak Fisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 7:33pm
alz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Remember this

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 9:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

Not a biggy, but quite chuffed with it - Nabbed during an emergency fish after work.

Thought I'd drop in here as a "Speed-Fishing Challenge"Wink
53cm(to fork) divided by 5 minutes = Score of 10.6

Hit the water at 5:30, on the mark at 5:50, fish on 5:55, landed 6:20
As usual, it took the lightest rig (my trout spinning rod, a wee Shimano FX4000 reel spooled with 4lb mono and a 1/4oz nuke chook),  Clocked in at 21" and 6lb. Excellent condition and chilling down now Big%20smile

The rest of the evening was filled with winding in and chucking back thousands of goldfish in the 30cm rangeConfused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 6:34am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Emergency, emergency, must go fishing or will go crazy............. Nice work HLD, nice fish but ugly legs LOL
Page  <12345 17>