Kayakfishing hall of fame.

Page  123 17>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kayakfishing hall of fame.
    Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 8:39pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Kayak caught fish pics worthy of note.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:25am
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Could be the seed for a monthly comp like our Aussie mates do on AKFF (Those comps were good fun until they had a tanty and banned KiwisLOL)
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:31pm
fishkiller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This 9kg fraight train was cought on a 7in lime tiger' 2nd hand 1 mind u on sunday 14th july at abou 4 pm.seen him on my new sounder while dragen a soft bait to another location.i slowed and started a circle letting my soft bait drop.as soon as it hit the bottom it was nailed and the fun was on .so far my best fish, ive only been kayaken for 3 months and soft baiting for 2 i will never go back to bait again lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:40pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Youve been kayak fishing for 3 months and already have half a dozen snapper over 10 LB Clap. Whats the secret ?
Well done beaut fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 5:38am
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here's my best two. Top one my brother in law made in photoshop and stuck as our screensaver. Shame all his good work should be tucked away in my photoalbum
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 5:07pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shyt how did I miss this thread. Not that I've got a lot to contribute but still, good idea Piwi.
Lovin that first pic Pete
Beauty fish too FKThumbs%20Up well done.

Come on you naki lot, you've all had some pretty hall of fame worthy catches.

I'm hell bent on getting me a pic with a tuna this year so I'll have to use this thread for more inspiration.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah dont be embarrassed to put up some of your past best fish. I know theres plenty of 20LB plus out there. Also different species for a change. Maybe even trout LOL to keep Rainbow and Charlie happy.
This is my eldest with a 10 LBer I
caught off Papamoa feb this year. Seemed like a good fish until the new X spot arrived.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:48pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Oy piwikiwi, there's nowt wrong with trowt, I should know being ex-NavyWink

Cheers
Yak Fisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 9:31pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bugger...can't find my pics of my 19lber Snap.

Have to go and catch another one now LOL
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 1:46pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

OK Piwi, just to keep you happy. Here's my best 2 trout off the yak. Weighed around 3kg each. The only scales I had to weigh the snapp bottomed out at 10kg so I guess it was a little bigger than that.

So many fish, so little time,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 2:05pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Great pics Charlie. the bottom trout looks a bit seasick though LOL. Whats the story with the colour ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 2:18pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I think its a sea run trout, apparently they get very fat and pink on a diet of red crabs and crayfishBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grimace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:29pm
grimace View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Interesting pics Charlie. Where was the bottom one caught? Haven't seen a pic of a sea-run rainbow (unless your pulling our legs Embarrassed)
Cobra Fish and Dive - Sjørøver II
ZMU7181
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:54pm
kj View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Probably one of them fly fishing guru's will give us the low down on rainbows and searunners. Caught a  Jack salmon the colour of the lower rainbow trout pictured at Acheron slip in the Rakaia above the gorge and was told by the guy I was with that it was "colouring up" for spawning, aparently they end up charcoal black. The salmon had way less fat on it than the silverys down river so maybe thats whats up with 'bow.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:29pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

The pale white colour of the bottom trout is the result of that side having been in contact with whatever it was lying on,    When caught it would have been like a normal trout.   In this case as a jack it showed the red flanks prior to spawning.

Goo looking fish Charlie.

BTW if you want to learn the Tongariro Roll Cast there is a clinic on at the National Trout Center Sat. 23 Aug.

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:40pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I see what you mean, I thought Piwi was being humourous and reffering to the snapper, doh! No Rainbow is right it was lying in the yak well on that side. Definately not a searunner.

Rainbow I would be interested in the Tonga roll cast clinic, where do I book in?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 5:22pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish guys
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 9:13am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Charlie

You can book at DOC Turangi Trout Center.   Contact the manager Ken Kimmings and tell him you have talked to me as the course may already be booked out.   Cost $75 which goes to the Trout Center Society.

GO on the Sporting Life website for all the details.

Cheers

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:47pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just a couple of pic's from yesteryear just to hold up the Naki end.

Com'on you Naki boys - there are bigger Naki fish than these

17.5lb and 15.5lb

A good day

9.2kg kingi - 5kg tuna

21.5lb

23.3lb

23lb Released

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:21pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs%20Up Awesome Naki man.  Simply Awesome!
Turtle free since 2012
Page  123 17>