Kayakfishing hall of fame.

Page  <1 14151617>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:20pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

a kingfish (my first) from way down south.....banks peninsula, canterburyBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Limitless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:38pm
Limitless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yahoo, well done Clap. Always good to tick a king off the species list, they battle so hard it can be frustrating trying the get the first one on board.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 5:49pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice looking kingi there man
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 2:23pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How do u find the thigh straps
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 5:06pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Must have missed that post gollyfish, Good skills Thumbs Up were you targeting them...

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 10:51pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah green guy, the thigh straps are a new addition for me, i went through a bit of a run (3 offs in 3 trips!) i was literally getting thrown off the yak, as it turned side on to the wave in the surf!CryLOLCry
 so i thought i'd give um a go....
i've used them in anger twice in the last 2 trips and i gotta say, they do make a difference.....having something to brace against just give's  you more control over things, you can actually lean back and get your paddle working properly, so you don't end up sideways as easily....they also give you a degree of confidence that your not going to fall off!!Thumbs Up 

if your doing surf often they're gold.Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 11:03pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nylg1.....yep , the grapevine was alive with kingfish ...so i wen't out geared up for the job....as it happend there were far more around than i was expecting.LOL......i caught another of 60cm that day and had half a dozen follow the lure into the side of the yak, the method  (standard for canterbury) casting a blue and silver 120gm grim reaper lure at floating bits of weed (small and large) and cranking it back as fast as i could! great funThumbs Up

the kings down here just sit under the weed, often with their fins sticking out of the water......i suppose their waiting for mullet to come and hide under the same weed! then whammo!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 9:04pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

surf! Ha!LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 1:07am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well kinda sort of ish..... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tigurello 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 6:34pm
tigurello 90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

21.5 lb after luci shallow whitewash rock from my mission catch 390

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:39pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

south westland always throws up a surprise and this trip was no exception, a paddle out and beyond the open bay islands was the highlight.Andrew and i had the dubious pleasure of being checked out by a 3m great white! sorry no pics, we were busy trying not to become dinner, it was a slightly nerve racking but fascinating experiance....10 minutes before that however i caught the "fish of the trip" a possible first for the south island? and my biggest fin fish from the kayak at 21lb and from just 35m of water.......

here she is......

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:46pm
shad View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done gollyfish,great effortClap
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 5:39am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Wow awesome huge congrats
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 5:47am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Golly well done!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 4:42pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats cool man
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 5:25pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good work Golly thats a corker mate. Wow and the WP encounter, there might have been a little bit of wee floating around in my yak after something like that!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 11:38pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ha! the shark....twas worrying but fascinating at the same time......i was glad it was a wee 3m version or it would have been more worrying and less fascinating!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote South_Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:32pm
South_Naki View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvE6B4rb3Ms  Hey fellow kayakers. just thought id share my hall of fame video that i made a couple of months ago. good winter fishing in taranaki. hope you enjoy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote climbaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:20pm
climbaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awesome mixed bag there naki. Even a few great releases :) what do u do with the cuda?   
"she says..i need different shoes for different outfits...I'm appling said rule to fishing apparatus....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:03pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cool video man. You need to get a net!
Page  <1 14151617>