John Key on Gone Fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaCamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Key on Gone Fishing
    Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 1:58pm
SeaCamel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don't forget to tune to on Gone Fishin today to see Darren spearfishing with your potential next prime minister John Key...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _Jimmy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 5:52pm
_Jimmy_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

a BUTTER ! yeh.

wonder how much he paid to get on the boat? 
will i now vote for him... hmmmm...... probably not
i started to like him until he started bagging labour. come on john your fishing on a fishing show. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chalkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 8:01pm
chalkeye View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

not only is john a gun spearfisher but can hold a camera in his other hand at the same time! fishy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 10:03pm
one breath View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yea that was surprising, would have been a good time for a 'accident' lol
'The knowledge you get in schools and colleges is second hand. The wisdom and know-how you get from the sea and waves and water is virgin, new and fleeting' Tom Blake, surf pioneer, in 1990, aged 88
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaCamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 11:17pm
SeaCamel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Product placement is an important part for the three fishing/outdoor shows but I'm not too sure if John Key's appearance today did himself or the show a favor. It probably didn't have the desired effect. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JRDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 12:43am
JRDO View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought it was a great option, so was wearing an allblacks shirt with blue on it.
BANNED from doing anything about anything anymore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote long john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 9:11am
long john View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Wasn't that a queer piece of television? I agree with Seacamel, I think it backfired, in that I came out feeling suspicious of Mr. Key. I had figured the show was going to try and paint 'Johnno' as a normal kiwi bloke to the middle class folk that watch fishing shows, rather we saw poor Johnno bumbling his way through something he obviously didn't have a clue about, re-inforcing, if anything, the percerption that he's a stiff 'suit'. Power to him for giving it a crack and all but that doesn't cut it for a politician. Isn't he supposed to be astute enough to realise these sorts of events need to be carefully orchestrated to avoid looking out of his depth or awkward? Doesn't he have advisers to coach him on these things? No prospective leader of a country wants any little bit of doubt creeping into the minds of the proles -I bet Butch would never put herself in a position of vulnerability like that.
Then, woe of woes, Graeme starts a political interveiw with the guy. It was obviously contrived, so Johnboy shoulda had all the right answers pre prepared but, no, not really. He ducked and weaved and made suitably vague statements when Greame asked him about the future of fishing. Recreationals needed to iron out the problems of poaching, taking undersized fish and consider bag limit cuts into the future as/ if rec pressure continued to rise. Fine, but not a single word of criticism for the commercial sector though or a hint of a suggestion there could be changes there (primary industry and allWink) Just a bunch of hollow rhetoric really.
So, in the end, I just felt he was naive, ill-informed and given how he obviously felt we'd lap him up, more than a little arrogant too. If they'd just taken the guy out for a fish and a few beers, all good. Blatantly involving politics was a major balls up for all parties concerned IMO
Proud member of the Glen Innes Spearfishing Club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Firey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 3:11pm
Firey View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ive gotta agree with you LJ
Ive done a bit of fishing. Yeah Right
Honest John
Shame on you Gone fishing for allowing that ****e
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 5:04pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by long john long john wrote:

Wasn't that a queer piece of television? I agree with Seacamel, I think it backfired, in that I came out feeling suspicious of Mr. Key. I had figured the show was going to try and paint 'Johnno' as a normal kiwi bloke to the middle class folk that watch fishing shows, rather we saw poor Johnno bumbling his way through something he obviously didn't have a clue about, re-inforcing, if anything, the percerption that he's a stiff 'suit'. Power to him for giving it a crack and all but that doesn't cut it for a politician. Isn't he supposed to be astute enough to realise these sorts of events need to be carefully orchestrated to avoid looking out of his depth or awkward? Doesn't he have advisers to coach him on these things? No prospective leader of a country wants any little bit of doubt creeping into the minds of the proles -I bet Butch would never put herself in a position of vulnerability like that.
Then, woe of woes, Graeme starts a political interveiw with the guy. It was obviously contrived, so Johnboy shoulda had all the right answers pre prepared but, no, not really. He ducked and weaved and made suitably vague statements when Greame asked him about the future of fishing. Recreationals needed to iron out the problems of poaching, taking undersized fish and consider bag limit cuts into the future as/ if rec pressure continued to rise. Fine, but not a single word of criticism for the commercial sector though or a hint of a suggestion there could be changes there (primary industry and allWink) Just a bunch of hollow rhetoric really.
So, in the end, I just felt he was naive, ill-informed and given how he obviously felt we'd lap him up, more than a little arrogant too. If they'd just taken the guy out for a fish and a few beers, all good. Blatantly involving politics was a major balls up for all parties concerned IMO

pretty much my sentiments too
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 7:10pm
Snoop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah, but at least he might take out Butch in a couple of months, might need a speargun, probably a 1.5m quad wrap with 90m bungey and double floats to do it...
Axemen Spearfishing... "Putting the crap back into elite"
www.axemenspearfishing.co.nz