Anyone get out today??

Page  <1 56789 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:37pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

nice one george. Good commitment getting out on these cooler evenings. Should have let me know tho mate, got a similar itch!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

To be quite honest Matt I have no idea.

They said they had a charter going out to Channel Isand so jumped on. The skips a Maori guy by the name of Lenny.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 7:49pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Rock Fish,  he fishes the colville wreck, not all that  far from channel, he actually dosent fish channel itself, its pretty deep there & good fish to be had...fish up to 15lb weight are the norm, he has caught the odd puka there as well, hopefully the coutas arnt around too much.... lucky buggar, id go with him any day..... box of beers for that gps mark cuz

Abcat is the boat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 7:20pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well if the weathers good this Saturday it's going to be alot of fun. Fingers crossed.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 7:34pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fish the low tide today at tatarata point. Water was very murky and heaps of loose kelp that kept tangling in your line and trace plus a lot of current. Not so much action near the rocks unless your cast is at least 30m out but casting is difficult with the all the gust. And straylining was difficult as current takes your bait in between and over the foul even weighted. Snaps still pretty shy as whole and half pillies only gets licked and pinched, but my fav anchovies still delivers. Got a number of runs 5-10 mins in between, and not getting hook-ups most of the time. I was able to land 5 snaps, but only kept 2 and there tummies are full of kina!! Aside from the occasional rain and gusty wind, it sure did scratched the itch! Smile
Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 8:50pm
fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Kenshin, good for you in getting out.
I wonder how long the floating seaweed will last.
Fish full of kina were they?  I wonder if the storms dislodged them so they were available for the snapper to feed on?
Don't suppose you can get away Tue/Wed PM?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 9:47pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Alhough I have read that snaps eat kina, It was a first for me to see all the yellow meat and  thorns in the guts. You could be right that all those kina are just rolling about the sea floor after getting dislodge. I took some photos of it today but something is wrong with my phone. It hangs when Im downloading pics on both bluetooth and usb.. it got wet a bit this arvo hope it wasnt due to that. Im afraid its all work again for me this week fisher. I got a couple of projects in tight deadlines. But I can always set one next weekend. Forecast looks pretty good though! We can surely set up a trip by either Sat or Sun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 7:25am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you for doing it Kenshin  the kelp should be gone in a couple of days (hoping) not just the sea weed that moved either a lot of land moved as well couple of spots i was at sat-sunday now have hills of mud right to the waters edge some i crossed others i wasnt game to try .it was a poor weekend for me returned all the fish i caught as most where under 40cm . Fisher try the fist ledge at Jone's bay (taka2) waters clear and holding snaps at the moment.
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 10:16am
fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the tip Oneleg.  Is that on the right when looking out to sea, or towards Scow point?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 10:42am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

on the right
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 4:59pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fished Campbells bay last night for about 3 hours from Low till dusk. Not a sausage! .. walked past an older guy who had been there from an hours before low and had only faul hooked a small yellow eye mullet - out as a livie with no action :(

Will be out there again tonight giving it another go...
here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 5:04pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm thought it would have been mint for a fish last night walking along takapuna beach the tide was as high as i have seen it (couldn't walk when you got half way down as the water was in and wasn't even high tide!). Looked like there would be heaps of feed stirred up aswell..... ohwell go have another go tonight George the fish have to be somewhere in close at the moment! (Maybe still too much fresh water?)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LOMBASOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 5:31pm
LOMBASOMB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey fisher,  slightly off topic but check out what the old man knocked up for me off your photos - hes getting some straps made up at a canvas store in Hamilton now - Cant wait to use it at xmas. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 5:56pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Bungel_ Bungel_ wrote:

Fished Campbells bay last night for about 3 hours from Low till dusk. Not a sausage! .. walked past an older guy who had been there from an hours before low and had only faul hooked a small yellow eye mullet - out as a livie with no action :(

Will be out there again tonight giving it another go...

Hey Bungel, Im planning a hit on the shore late afternoon till evening on Thursday. PM me if youre keen to join. Gonna deploy those salmon pellet burleys and see whats all the fuzz is about em.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 6:03pm
smellyfingers View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out Saturday and saw Whizzzzz, didn't get a sniff, tried yesterday again with the same result.

Oh well if you don't try you don't catchCry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 9:01pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out again this eaving for a quick fish at one of my old spots with a mate, still producing well and only 35mins walk away. Nothing big landed just the 5 pannies but my mate Dan dropped something decent and was pulling string.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 9:47pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Much better tonight- felt like a good one as soon as i arrived (just on 5pm) .. water wasnt nearly as murky and was even more calm. set up a small burly trail with pillies and mussels. Had to wait a good hour before anything happened, but finally a few small bites on the half pillies but with no runs. Took off the half ounce sinker and threw out a whole pillie - and finally a decent run, but missed the hook up. Second whole pillie out got smashed - landed a nice 5-6lber and released it. 3rd pillie got delt to again but had some gear failure - line got cut on the roller comming off the spool!! Cry then my damn headlamp ran out of battery, so i called it a night... think i will be out there again tomorrow night.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 9:49pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sounds like a plan Kenshin - keen to get out anywhere around the bays for a fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 11:32pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good condition on that snap bungel! So its gonna be Thursday 4pm the earliest I can be out then its game on till its chill time. PM'd u with mah mob number.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 8:16am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Clinte your old mans done a nice job thereClap . now all you have to done is fill those bins (i'm sure u will) :: Tomatron keep it up nice to see some one getting the fish even if the rest of us carn't Thumbs%20Up :: Im in the process of respooling my reels  so no fishing for me for a few days , dam it looks nice out there at the mo Cry.good luck guys on tonights fishing . Smile
Page  <1 56789 451>