Anyone get out today??

Page  <1 34567 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 10:36pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by one leg one leg wrote:

Got out this arvo and in to the night with Fisher and Kenshin for a fish slowly mossied over to Saddel isld  and fished of the southern bay  not big fish caught but a feed taken home with the odd surprise fish catching most of us out .Was great to be able to put name's to face's .top shot is kenshin then him running to stop his rod disapaering down the bch, even the small ones(30cm) put up good fights , then the odd one come's through with that WOW factor,and the last is Fisher back from his jaunt around the isld .

We really appreciate you taking us out today Barry and giving us a lot of tips, thanks!. Today surely releived the dry spell James and I been having, we're all smiles on the way home. A lot of action and an awesome place, will surely go back again.

Here some pixies from today:

Barry in action with his signature Alvey.

The Odd one!

Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 11:01pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go The Alvey!!! and nice to see the squid still around...  any Big Snapper??
here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 11:15pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

MMmmm, thats a nice squidward you got there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 11:28pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Bungel_ Bungel_ wrote:

good one Bas, always a good time with a group of people out there doing it.

ever fished Big Bay ?? 

Steve and I fished there for an hour or so on Sunday. Was pretty quiet but looked fishy'ish
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 8:46am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JK it's    Known for it's mud marlin  and big one's at that and over summer Bronzie's . i through the squid head back out got  a nice take  but no hook up ,Bungel  no some nice run's on good fish but we were all unable to land , kelp got in the way probably how they got big, the shore there is deciveing lots of heavy kelp off shore.
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 8:59am
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice report and looks like the squidy wasn't going to give up his dinner without a fight!

Baz is a wealth of knowledge and great to get out with, but be warned he will try to convert you over to the Alvey LOL.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 10:48am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work, Baz n co, fished there early in the year while waiting to fish the rocks up by the navigation pole, got a couple of snapper and a trevally but nothing huge. Looks like a nice trip. May have to go and hit up that way somewhere sunday morning, dying to get out for a fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 11:07am
SeaI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

good stuff go the sneaky south side - I can't wait till I have some time for a sanity fish  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
Kei uta ngā ika
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the gas man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 11:10am
the gas man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hard luck on the bust off oneleg, and great report Ross; forced patience paid off!!

I was hoping to get up north in the weekend just been, but the young fulla got sick so pulled the pin, Sunday looked mint to be on the bricks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 9:32am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well got out for a fish yesterday arvo, went to one of the spots i like to fish in the rain and wind, and bumped in to another fisho doing the same , between the two of us we had a ball so much for a poor fishing day ! pillies were getting ripped off but hook up's till we changed over to mullet  most fish landed where KY  with the odd sm Snap throwen in ,apart from keeping two KY for bait later we returned the rest . As the tide turned and rose up the fishing got better , not in size but numbers about 20 fish each returned  .The last fish of the day was a buet Ray that was close to 1.1/2 mtr's across Cool that my mate Chris played for 20min's before busting off , the rain stayed away for the two hour's we fished ,and didn't come till we were back at the car's. was a lot of fun ,i took two rod's but never even got the chance to set the other up. so guy's dont let a little weather put you off , the fish are back,and around the bay'sBig%20smile 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 5:18pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good one there Barry, thanks for the encouragement... Im planning to hit the incoming this Friday afternoon on a promising spot near Waiwera. Will keep this alive on a hopefully good report.

How bout make this sticky thread for those daily outings?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 6:01pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice one Baz.  Bit of wind and rain is no problem, just helps to wash gear down on the walk back.!

Anyone up for an early saturday morning mission, big baits deployed at a likely spot.?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 6:44pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bungel_ if my Friday doesnt push thru, I'm keen to join.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 9:48pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sounds good... thinking a few stinky berly bombs and some juicy bonito steaks with 8/0's in them would do the trick. Just thinking about where to head, any ideas Kenshin? Heading north seems to be the go, just not sure how far to go..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 10:34pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Gonna take the IRB out if the weathers alright!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 11:17pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

IRB, action... sounds all good. Im up for that!!! Got ideas of where you want to go?>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 11:18pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Kawau maybe
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 7:22am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck on the Kawau mish  my early saturday misher's are over now (my girls netball)Cry still from lunch time on will be out there, maybe a return too the saddel  or dairy bay way. Have some thing in mind anywaySmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 7:30am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

whoops read that wrong sorry george, cant do sat - would be sun for me!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:53am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if that blow push's in sat-sun  think you guys might need to re plan .the muddy might be a go.
Page  <1 34567 451>