Anyone get out today??

Page  <1 23456 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:46pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was out today doing it , this is what happened to my live KY  about two min's later was all  over Cry i was on the ph when it took off only reason there is a photo of rod  but man there was some weight there  Alvey drag was on 3/4  and had no show of slowing it down . your guess is as good as mine as too what it wasConfused .Thats a 12ft beast master being bent over and the line was singing  best fish all day 1/2 doz snaps to 1.1/2 kg  and lots of small KY  home by 530. day 1 -4 to go  
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:55pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you for putting the on hours on JK had a look for some Trev's on way home no luck in the 10min's i gave it . yes Johnie's looking to go snapper fishing calling him tomorrow to confirm . finger's crossed 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:28pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wondering Barry, I know the schools on holiday, but you don't go to school . . . Do you?

Nice picture by the way. At least it wasn't me on the phone this time.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:47pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice bender there bas!

Nah Johnnys off for tomorrow, gave me a call this arvo and said its a no go. bugger eh!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 8:19pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Every day Mathew but are being forced to take some holidays as have over 90days  owed to me now plus sick leave .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 8:24pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whoah there One Leg! that was certainly a big one. Now you just made me think of calling a sickie this week(hope my boss aint in this forum Tongue). Will it be fine with you if 1 or 2 amateur fishos join ya One Leg?

Hey Fisher.. what do u say?
Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 9:12pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thats ok by me kenshin  pm  your number ..i'm in the city till 12 tomorrow tough .or Wensday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 9:36pm
fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Kenshin, Oneleg, Pm sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 9:41pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice won heaps of john's round t point r uguys fishing auckland???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:06pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yeah greenguy, all local stuff.

Much easier to call with some of this random weather we've had lately. Finding it a bit tough tho!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:02pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a couple of days off last week and got up to the Kari Kari peninsula. Only managaed one day's fishing (friday) since I was up there with the girlfriend...

A strong Northeasterly ruled out Matai bay, looked like some nice spots up there though!Did a bit of scoping on the Thursday and found a reasonably sheltered spot on the Doubtless Bay side...

Didn't get off to the best start on Friday. Stayed in bed too long so missed the change of light. Once I got to the spot I got the berley going, live bait rig set up, baited up my spinning set and was ready to go...when I discovered the handle was missing from my Penn 850ssm!!! Retraced my steps back to the car (luckily not too long to walk) and couldn't find it..so grabbed my spare reel and back out to the rocks.

Finally got a line in the water and caught a perfect live bait sized kahawai and got him out under a balloon. Proceeded to catch more small kahawai, put one in the rock pool for livebaiting for later...and threw the rest back...

By about half past one I'd only caught a couple of just legal snapper, which went back in the water. Not a trace of a Kingfish and I would have packed it in if I wasn't trapped by the tide...

I had read a book recently that said a whole skipjack tuna head is a good bait for big snapper...so I thought what the hell...let my livebait go, took the balloon off and threaded my hook into the skipjack head. I was thinking I should have changed from the livebait hook but couldn't be bothered...and my expectations were pretty low considering how slow the fishing had been.

I can't cast with the tld25 so I stripped some line out and thew the bait out by hand (pretty gumby I know!)

Went back to fishing down the end of the rocks with the spin set up....Was just reeling in a tiny snapper when line started screaming from my other reel.... Dumped the little snapper into a rock pool still on the hook and scrambled up to my other rod.

The line had stopped by the time I got there, and cursing my luck I pushed the lever up to strike and started winding in...just as I was giving up hope a big thumping weight came on the line and the rod bent over...

It wasn't exactly a fair fight on 24kg tackle...but I wasn't complaining when a the 83cm moocher came to the surface. Had quite a job landing the bugger by myself without a gaff but got him on to the rocks... a personal best by a long long way.

Had to wait for another couple of hours for the tide to go out until I could get off the rock…

The girlfriend came to meet me to help carry the gear..and on her way found the reel handle!!! A very happy ending to the day…

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:10pm
smellyfingers View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice report, nice fish, going to Tairua with the missus this weekend, hopefully she will bring me the same luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:12pm
OBR View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

primo bro, good fish.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:50pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mint fish Ross, wish my missus would let me go for a days fishing when we are away! Lady luck must have been on your side Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:51pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice one Ross, great snapper there! Well done.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 6:47pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

wickid read!!! bet that will make you deploy the big bloody baits more often.. beautiful fish.

here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 8:33pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Ross thats a great snap you have there , and a happy ending with the reel handle too .congrat's on the PB Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 9:48pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got out this arvo and in to the night with Fisher and Kenshin for a fish slowly mossied over to Saddel isld  and fished of the southern bay  not big fish caught but a feed taken home with the odd surprise fish catching most of us out .Was great to be able to put name's to face's .top shot is kenshin then him running to stop his rod disapaering down the bch, even the small ones(30cm) put up good fights , then the odd one come's through with that WOW factor,and the last is Fisher back from his jaunt around the isld .

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 9:55pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Deacs you are soft, under the thumb already!!

Beautiful fish Ross! Did you weigh it? Looks defintately over 20lb to me - mean girth on the tail.

Nice going Bas, Saddle is a pretty cool spot eh.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 10:02pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

good one Bas, always a good time with a group of people out there doing it.

ever fished Big Bay ?? 
here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Page  <1 23456 451>