Anyone get out today??

Page  <12345 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 11:05am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well never got out yesterday Cry got out to truck to find a flat tyre , then found no jack Angrygets better spent  a hour getting a jack  take wheel off  take cover of spare take off back of truck you guessed it that's bloody flat tooAngry.roll both about a mile to garage get both fixed $70 end of fishing . 
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 12:14pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well the upside is now your spare is now fixed so if it happens again and your out fishing at least you have a spare and you also have the jack situation sorted as well. Flip side is better for you to find out before you leave to go fishing than end up in some remote area and then end up with a flat tire.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shoby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 5:36pm
shoby View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seems fishing is hard everywhereConfused. Need to change the target specie to ky i thinkLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pisky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 7:11pm
pisky View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

K K Bay area fishing well at the moment,you have to do your homework.
8 snappper 300-450 and two kahawai sunday morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 7:48pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

spent 5 1/2 hours out in the rocks.. it takes hours before you even get a nibble.. only got this lonesome snapper at sunset then I called it off.

Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 8:24pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well I'm glad some of you had decent weekends.

Hopefully, I'll be out on the west coast on Sunday coming. I'm certainly missing the feel of my rod.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 7:55am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes it's that time of the year when you give the place's you would normaly fish a miss and go to the places that you would think NAR no fish there.And it's the small baits that seem to be doing the damage got 6 nice KY (45cm+) yesterday arvo in 3/4 hr at a place i walk past 11 out of 10 time's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:33am
kingphin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah can relate. I'm on holidays at the mo and have had the chance to explore some new spots I've been contemplating for a while now. Found the most awesome spot the other day - cost me a box of beer to the farmer - 2hrs hike one way, waist deep crossing a bay in spanner water, that is; tightened the nuts, knee deep in a boggy muddy  swamp, chased by some massive angry bulls, few zaps from a mains powered electric fence, descending a 70m vertical cliff face - thank good for pohutakawa, jumped over a big rock to almost land on a huge bull sealion sunbathing - we both shat our dacks, fished an epic series of ledges for 6hrs straight, burlied up to the maximum,---------- not one bite all day. Ocean was just dead - no life whatsoever. Not even kahawai in the burley. Then, repeated the mission in  reverse order. Legs are still seized up from the ordeal. Will I return? Hell yeah! such an epic spot that has every thing going for it. Thats fishing - have love, will travel.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote vinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:15am
vinny View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

not the same 4 me, headed out with the old man in the yaks to a rock spot we like to land on near usually holding heaps ov snapper straylined al day usin fresh piper we wer catchn bt ended up gettn only 3 gud kahawai a marginal snapper(that went back) and heaps of piper, was a good day tho clear skies and light winds made 4 a great paddle and froze the rest of tha piper 4 next trip.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:22am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

where you trying the piper as cube's or whole ? tough when they don't get eaten Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 1:46pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've done the same usual whole baits yesterday. Fish somehow just kiss and lick  em Big%20smile.

I reckon a conservative approach nowadays is in order. Strip and cubed pieces next time around. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 1:57pm
Nathan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sounds like you did the hard yards Kingpin.

The flavour of the posts yesterday was that it was just a hard days fishing. Every bad fish is one closer to a good fish.

Should have trusted the Maori calendar - said it was poo. Funnily enough, the fish came on when it said too - about 4.30pm - but also it just could have been dusk.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:37am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

so reports from the weekend?

We didnt landbase but too the boat for a run from hadfields and fished some of our usual landbased territory from the other side. Burley'd up a storm but still pretty hard going until the late arvo bite kicked in and even then it was only small stuff. Small baits ie half pillies and bonito strips seemed to be the way to go.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 9:54am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did you get over to the spot i mentioned at all JK  . after hearing all these dismail reports from the east coast (from boats too) Dead a trip over to shelly bch for this week have a trip meet up with John mid week so hoping for better then with secert baitsLOLWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:24am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nah I didny Barry. We elected to put some more hours on the motor and just drive a round for a bit, scope out a few new spots etc.

Is that Johnny the belgian? He's looking to borrow a rod and reel for it if so!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:44am
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

so reports from the weekend?

Fisher and I had an east coast bays mission but nothing exciting(see fishers thread).. We are now desperate for a good fish!! Please somebody help!! LOLLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 11:57am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Not a bad time of year for that foul out from campbells bay actually kenshin. Was thinking of heading that way myself actually. Southerly didnt help tho!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 4:05pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well . . . Whatipu Sunday morning was good. Wink

I'll leave it there.

P.s. I'm full.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 5:49pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

To  answer the PM I just got. 2 gurnard, some kahawai and a few undersize other fish (only 400mm ish)  which didn't become dinner.

Fishing just to the right of the big rock with a light house type building on it, 9 pin I think it's called.

And as dark turned to light enough.

2 rods both with different baits and different set ups.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:02pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got out today to Scotts Landing and fished the last two hours of the outgoing and about 3 hours of the incomming...  heaps and heaps of runs but nothing much would stick. I suspect just very small snapper and KY hanging around. Landed one small KY and an annoying spottie. Looks like a primo area that, just the wrong time to be there!!
here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Page  <12345 451>