Anyone get out today??

Page  <1234 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 7:26am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

one day it will all come to you ,and you will know why BozWink but you will have to be there for the rush.
enuff said.
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 11:44am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just finished talking to some guys that went surfcasting at Tearie pt  fished most of the day and also put two long lines out,  for the grand return of  NOTHING  god i hope it gets better for the weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 4:18pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

where are you headed this weekend One-leg...???

its looking a bit messy again for this  weekend :( 20knot westerlies for the east coast. gotta be a few little places to find shelter and deploy some big moocher baits.
here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 6:26pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fred will be sheltered...

But i'll be in Whangarei. Gotta find somewhere to fish Sunday. Hmmm thinkin Taiharuru may be the go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 6:41pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

take it easy on fred eh guys! LOL

iIm about to head up the BOI. May wet a line if the chance arises!

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 6:45pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mmm plenty of options up there Jade.

Most of the Southern side of the Bay should be fairly sheltered in SW I'd imagine.

Go on, you know you want to... Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 9:38pm
Unty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

lol u aucklanders crack me up with your fred
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:56am
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by one leg one leg wrote:

Just finished talking to some guys that went surfcasting at Tearie pt  fished most of the day and also put two long lines out,  for the grand return of  NOTHING  god i hope it gets better for the weekend

With the weather forecasts for this weekend end Baz I would be looking at going on the opposite side of the Island. Matiatia and the coast line adjoining is going to get hammered if the wind blows as they have predicted.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 10:00am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

trouble is Rock the bus's stop at at dirt,  fossiel will be nice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 10:10am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bungel the end of Whanga should be ok, bit wet but fishable or the largoon entrance at Taka2 should have plenty of KY feeding up spinners should do the trick there. i have a midday midwinter xmas do tomorrow ,so if it's pouring down may stay in bed in the morn have to see how i survive to nights testLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 7:56am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well managed to get out Saturday mid morn  for a fish as  a Sunday fish wasn't allowed , went to Martins bay and walked to the right  and walked and walked , was a lovely morning for it, calm as and water like glass ,got too a couple of my old haunts , and fished over the droping tide  , the fishing was that good i managed to unpack my pack clean and sort everything and repack it all with out missing a beat.couldn't even get rid of the cubed up pillie's i had throwen in at my feetDead. called it quites at 1pm and walked back  have planed to take the boat next time and move on too some of the bigger bricks off shore, how ever i did get too watch a large ray for 15min's swiming around . so not al a bad day..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the gas man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 11:47am
the gas man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Least you got old 1leg.  These cold blasts coming up the country are killing the fishing!!  I'm going to be up round tut's this weekend so hopefully get a bit of LB in.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 12:10pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I shot out with Fisher on Sat as well. Not to much action saw a couple of spots that looked promising. "Note to self" really need to invest in a rain coat. Luckily it mostly hailed so didn't get wet through the bone. Not to much happening on the fishing but was good to get for a fish and catch up with Mark again.

I know he went back out on Sunday so wanting to see how he got on.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bottom feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 5:15pm
bottom feeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I went out today kennedy point caught nothing thow put got me out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Michael Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 5:46pm
Michael Jenkins View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looks like it was a quiet weekend all 'round then.

I went back out to the kauri mountain ledge i was at last sunday. Not much happening, just under sized snapps, and in the berly, the usual hoard of blue mao mao/sweep/leatherjackets with the odd passing small trevally/pigfish/small snapper. Couldn't even find a decent livebait, mate got a kahawai, but the hook went out threw the throat so it was 1/2 bled when it came in, and the larger blue mao mao we used on one rod just wanted to stay in close with it's friends.
Had some fun with the mao mao trying to pull out a couple of the bigger ones for the smoker amongst all the little ones, and somehow got a leather jacket on a 5/0 hook which also came home.
Had a massive stingray come along, when i 1st saw the 2 white patches as it flapped around deep down i thought i was looking at 2 stingrays doing some synchronised swimming for my entertainment, was about 1.7m across the wings. Seeing as the taxman is giving me some money back soon i went and splurged on friday with a tld-25  that was going cheep and a rod to suit 24kg line. I tried to tept the stingray with a 1/2 bonito head, just to test the drag on my shiney new reel Wink and it picked it up briefly, but spat it back out. Must be a reason it got to be that size eh haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 8:45pm
fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I went out today from about 3pm till 6pm, just North of where we were  Rockfish, Castor bay, on that point we saw.  In all the time I got Sweet FA.  Not even a nibble.  I used some berely that Rockfish left me and only had a few small baitfish swimming around.  The place was like a millpond.  I still think the spot looks promising, if and when the fish come back on the bite.  You'd think that after a few years of fishing, you'd begin to see  a pattern regarding when the fish are on the bite.  But it seems bloody random to me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 9:02pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nothing doing Sunday at the same ledge at Busbys that we were at 2 weeks ago.
Had trouble just staying standing in the howling wind.
Plenty of ky in the berley but no sign of kings and no snaps at all on our baits.
Better than being inside sitting around hungover tho, walked off the hangover on the way over the hill Smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 9:43pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Went for a yakfish on late sat arvo just out around the islands in close to paihia. Only took the softbait rod and a good selection of softies but managed to land a fair few KY and a small snappes. Was farkin hard going when the wind got up! Might the return paddle to shore a bit more of an effort than I would have liked!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 7:22am
Scooby View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

have not been out fishing for few weeks,good on you for braving weather conditions.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 10:31am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

looking out the window at work  funny how fast you can work sometimes LOL  all done  now  GONE FISHING .report later
Page  <1234 451>