Anyone get out today??

Page  <1 448449450451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:18pm
Big H View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very long time since i've posted and looking forward to chasing the kings on Tamaki drive (not to be mistaken for the queens of k rd) shortly...
Anyways in Coro with the family last wkend walked out to the nearest point from the accomodation with with a basic set up ie rod reel hook and a bag of pillys came back with a Ky and a very nice 45cm snap for dinner.

As always fish your feet and dont over look "easy spots"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 5:49pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went drive about this morning, but high tide 1010 and on beach 815am quick trip and 3 /4 drags with mullet net and morning swim and 4 for lunch in the smoker!
Already in the gut!
Paradise
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:08pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by lips/hooked lips/hooked wrote:

Went drive about this morning, but high tide 1010 and on beach 815am quick trip and 3 /4 drags with mullet net and morning swim and 4 for lunch in the smoker!
Already in the gut!
Paradise

THANKS FOR ANOTHER REPORT. i ALWAYS READ YOUR REPORTS WITH INTEREST.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:25pm
Silver
Silver

I may not? Probably shouldn't? have too many? If any? Reports, from now on!!?   as my summer vocation takes over! Good fishing weather is working weather šŸ™ but needs to be done!
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Pawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
Pawan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

wentout yesterday around midtide high going to low to cornwallis wharf.  saw a lot of rat kings chasing small yellow tails. after a good couple of hours of casting lures managed to catch my first kingfish from a wharf. was about 70cms and was realeased but was a great expirence. used a rapala magnum x rap 30. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 4:14pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

awesome man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 7:31pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great accomplishment...
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:49am
Silver
Silver

Went out off the beach on Friday for only one stingray. 3 hours on way out till change of tide.
Then went out same area west coast north of baylis beach at 8pm lastnite low tide till 945pm one snapper and one shark, but mate down the beach got there at 6pm till 830 and got 10 snapper with his wife also fishing.
I will head out again this arvo all going well? H/tide 230pm under a meter swell
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:58am
Silver
Silver

Forgot to mention i lost quite a few fish, the only thing i changed was going to j hooks over circle hooks!
So you guessed it, back to circle hooks to see if that was the issue.
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 12:27am
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Shot out to Ngarunui beach in Raglan this morning caught 3 snapper which I released as they were under 35cm (I don't take anything that is under 35cm) and one Eagle Ray which I ended up taking the wings off it as the bloody thing kept swimming back to shore every time I got it out deep enough to swim away arrived there at 9am and home by 1:30pm used a mix of squid and prawns every bait I put out got hit. I was using the Tica Kazumi Galactic which I bought last week and my Penn 7500LC.

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:36pm
Silver
Silver

i have been having alsorts of issues trying to post by my phone,since the website up grade!  which was the only way i posted since forever! 
but have been given an old lap top and it seems im back allowed to post again?  i liked the phone so may not post much in the future,
but went out on sunday and tried fishing 2 hours b4 high and then another 4 hours out going for zero bites!
my take is i dont like the high tide for surfcasting on the west coast north of baylys beach. but it was clear sunny/ and hot with no cloud cover.
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

OOPS ... sorry my bad ... simply clicked favourites & then NEW Posts,
took me to this thread or sector but had no idea it was land based fishing.

Apologies ... won't happen again.

No biggie mate. Merry christmas Tongue
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:48am
Big H View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My first Legal king for the summer from Tamaki drive this am went 77cm, couple of undersized as well...

Plenty of them about thats for sure...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 1:03pm
Silver
Silver

went out yesterday, amongst the madness on the beach with motor bikes,quads, cars, utes etc driving like demons up and down the beach, i did come across the cops driving by baylys beach entrance but they were in a car not a 4wd which would have been useful further up the beach to slow some of these idiots down!
but fished last couple of hours on way out and 1 hour on way in for one snapper only 30/34 cms.but lost what i thought was a bigger one and not many bites.
was going to head down now but decided to leave it till a few idiots go home again.
was just over a meter swell and messy white water, but worth a trySmile
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:50pm
Big H View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The big plus with level 3 has been more time for fishing... and Tamaki drive has been firing for the snaps, fresh caught sprats for bait and a couple of solid snapper sessions biggest ran 45cm so very respectable. Straylined with a half ounce sinjer some berley in the middle of the day we dont know how lucky we are....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:50am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice fish mate
seen some nice snaps come out of oakahu bay off the pontoons around this time of the season... all in very close
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:40pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Big H Big H wrote:

The big plus with level 3 has been more time for fishing... and Tamaki drive has been firing for the snaps, fresh caught sprats for bait and a couple of solid snapper sessions biggest ran 45cm so very respectable. Straylined with a half ounce sinjer some berley in the middle of the day we dont know how lucky we are....

Not wrong Big H, we donā€™t know how lucky we are. 
I had week off work and couldnā€™t go north for planned game fishing with boat, so spent week at Leigh where my daughter is living. Went off ti point wharf every day to catch bait and then forayed to various local rocks both ti point side and around Leigh each day. Fishing was mostly quite hard but managed couple of nice snapper most days.
Best session was off rocks early morning Thursday morning near Leigh harbour entrance.  Fish were on chew and of good size. Lost last one after it broke 30 lb trace just after hook up, was I suspect quite a big fish, but still came away with couple of nice 40 cm plus fish, and threw back a few well legal ones, as didnā€™t need them.
Was like being kid a again fishing off ti point wharf for piper and yellowtail. Even spied few very line shy bigger trevally swimming around.
Last evening went for swim at Mathesons, and watched couple of shags chasing big school of piper around the bay. Magic few days and very relaxing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote My Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:10pm
My Bait View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wow,somehow I've got back to posting but no longer, (lips/hooked) after many posting issues!
But have been surf casting for not much luck when hearing of most having awesome times on good sized fish.
Must be me?, but been small kite fishing and I've been doing ok. Nothing big but that's fine with me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Figure Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:23pm
Figure Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can we fish from the shore now? Closest shore. Apparently there has been a change on the restrictions.

Can anyone confirm this please?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:36pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, only beach/wharf fishing in your local spot, (not your favourite spot) - if they are the same place then you're in luck.....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Page  <1 448449450451>