12 foot fyran improvments

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 foot fyran improvments
    Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 10:30am
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey guys

Ive got a mate with a 12 foot fyran with a 15 on the back that we regularly go softbaiting in. Its very basic at the moment with only a few rod holders and nothing elce. We want to do it up so there is more room and less clutter. Does any one have any pointers on fishbox design, fish finder placement, things that can be made that make life easyer in such a small boat etc. Any photos or pointers would be great.

cheers, Cam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 10:47am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can only say what ive done.....

1. have a fishing bag... like a old army one, it can be move around and can sit on places like the fuel tank and sit out of the way....

get some bungy cord  and zig zag it over the frount cavity so you can jam it full of stuff and nothing will fall out....

get some removeable seats, they are a must for comfort....

the fount rod holers should fit into the rowlocks so they dont take up space in the boat

a gove box, with drink holders in are a good idea...check out the quintrex website

get a fited box for the anchor and chain....it keeps it all tidy and out of the way..

I use to have a portable fish finder..... but ive now hard wired it in and made the transdure removeable..... u can get a movable transducer mount

if youve got the three seat boat make sure your fish bin clips over the middle seat so it stays there, the bait board should sit inside the fish bin...

i'll have a look for some fotos and will andd anything else i think of...

Cheers wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:07am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:07am
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What do you mean by removable seats? Are you thinking of the ones that sit on top of the permanent ones? We usally just use a pillow. It is a three seat boat and im thinking about an eagle cuda 168 fishfinder, anyone know much about them?

Cheers,Cam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:13am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:17am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ive had a ramco, parkercraft and the quintrex and sort of set them all up the same way

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:20am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

unless you going to spend a $1000 dollars on a fish finder just get any old one.... as long as it tells you the depth and shows weed etc...

Cheers Wefankis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 11:22am
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yea the eagle  is basic but it looks ok with a 2 year warenty,waterproof, temp etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 1:14pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Camdog,  I run the Lowrance X50ds - effectively just a rebadged Cuda (or the other way round).  If it works on a Yak, you'll have no problems with it. Take the time to make sure your transducer is positioned in the sweet spot to avoid cavitation/noise etc
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 1:28pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yea i saw that,funny how they do that, thanks i will take care when mounting it

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 8:14pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i never got around to setting up my tinny before i sold it, but had big big plans.

my game plan was to read heaps on the kayak forums and set my tinny up in the same mindset. very ingenious those kayak fishermen. set it up as if you are stuck sitting in one spot and everything has to be handy to you(arms reach) and neatly attached. this was back in the days before softbaits though and would slightly be different now to reflect this.

but wefaknis has a clever setup there and i'd be looking at those as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fred Onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 7:50pm
Fred Onion View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Wefaknis Wefaknis wrote:

Like The Stienlager Pure Add,, That rod holder is a cracker "I like That"
FORD King of the Mountain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 12:45pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i have a 3.6 Marco with a 25 Yammie.

I have put in floor's between the for'ard and amidships thwarts with a hatch so the anchor etc are neatly out of the way.
I strap a 55 ltr chili bin onto the for'ard thwart leaving enough room to get into the shelf under the foredeck.
have got 4 berkley removable rod holders. 2 are mounted on plated that are bolted through the rowlocks and the other 2 are mounted on plate on the port and starboard quarters beside the factory standard ones.
I use a portable fishfinder, and the fuel tank is kept for'ard of the amidships thart. This keeps the area between the transom and aft thwart clear for the bin i use for livies/berley etc.

I will try and get some pic's to post. . .  but i'm in the middle of shifting whare at the mo.

They are by no means amazing improvements but just make small boat fishing that much easier.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 5:19pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yea thanks mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 7:27pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

those berkley rod holders are great, i've put them on my mac420. handheld vhf is good, run on their own batteries so no wiring or battery to find space for.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 9:33am
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not so conserned about rod holders as we are holding our rods most of the time when fishing. I do have a handheld vhf and do agree they are a must for safety.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 7:32pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can anyone tell me where i can get some of those fold down plastic stabilizers for small boats. Cant remember the brand but remember seeing them at the boatshow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 7:55pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 4:02pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

thanks mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:28am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bit late in getting these pic's for ya CD.....
This is generally how it's layed out if i have some one else fishing with me. Theres still heaps of room under the chili-bin and the chili-bin is strapped in. Doesn't cut off any access to the drouge or other bit n pieces stowed on the shelf.
Putting in the floor has made huge difference!!

Plenty of room for a couple of fisho's and all the associated garb. The only thing i ommited to put in was the livie bin the sits tight into the port quarter. There is also a floor between the aft and amidships thwarts.

And no boat, NO boat shoud be without a few of these on it.Wink

Next thing to do is get an electrical system put in for nav lights, sounder and livie tank and some clears for either side of the canopy...maybe....
Page  12>