Drift fishing SP - stayng in touch with bottom???

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 12:13pm
otter View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi macca,

Achor up and get the feeling right of getting to the bottom. Should feel pretty much the same as when casting in front of the boat when drifting.  This wil allow you to get a feel for the angles as well.   In doubt let out more line  15 sec sounds a bit short  but all depends on current /line weight/ sinker / trace / type sp/ size of sp/  so there are mutiple sides to the story but when you are achored up you can determin sink rate / angles / ...

have a go 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 1:29pm
Amateur View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Synit deep water rigs Macca, they make up for my complete lack of ability anyway. Attach your choice of worm hook or the new Synit keeper hook, hopefully available at the Boat Show, skewer your favourite SB and viola, snapper time.
I've caught 'em on the drop, sitting on the bottom and on the retrieve. Mind you, I've also NOT caught 'em on the drop, sitting on the bottom and on the retieve.LOL
No half measures!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:19pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by _macca__ _macca__ wrote:

Does a 2 ounce ball sinker (or bigger) affect the action of the lure?  Lots of what I've read in the SP books have said more than 1 ounce ruins the action - or somehting similar.

Because it sounds like you are all catching fish on 2 ounce + rigs at times so I'm guessing the answer is....it may affect the action but not enough to prevent fish taking it.

Cheers 

If you are going to try worm hooks and are worryed about the sinker siting on the hook and lessening the action..You could try leftys loop with a small lumo bead sitting on the knot then your sinker held in place with a tooth pick....
Just gives a bit more movement..

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Page  <12