Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1234 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 12:05pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Should be 'round the middle of June. They said 'four weeks from deposit" but nothing ever goes to plan !
When I get it, i'll try to post a few pics (but I am not sure how to at this stage)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:24pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Now well underway with my new FREWZA. As I thought, nothing is simple, but the guy down there is just fantastic. We communicate every few days and he takes photos of progress to suggest changes for me. He wants to "off set" the console to give more room down one side of the boat (& less on the other) but I am sticking to center mount. I have the "progress photos" if anyone wants to have a look, but you will have to ask me to e-mail them ([email protected]) because they are 1Mb each & I don't know how to reduce to post on this forum. Also (at no extra charge) he decided to put the motor on a pod ~ because of the better performance / power & strength issues. This means the transom needed to be reinforced more so I have extra seating.
The company is really great to work with.Clap
All I have to worry about, is if it floats when I get it !
Now considering painting top of pontoons (Black !)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:36pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:40pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Managed to download some progress photos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 3:22pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

she looks the biz mate,
keep us posted as im sure a few guys from here would be very very interested  in the finished product.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 8:31pm
Spearsniper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looking awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 12:22pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

More photos through this morning.
H
Have settled on this configeration. Rear grab rails & rod holders (+ BLACK motor) about all that is left. Starting to look "finished"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 12:30pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have TWO mates who are deadly serious in getting one. One owns a 34' Launch, the other , a 42' yacht. They are going to keep them as "wet, windy day boats" that they play with when their wives won't go out in the big ones ! It is an extreme value package and if anyone is reading this, I think they should get in quick before FREWZA put their prices up. $24,000 would be good value !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 1:19pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Contact..........
I thought you said $14-15K or is this the larger model at $25K
Have been looking at these for a while but will probably bring a cc in from the USA.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 8:05pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am waiting for the final price, but  am expecting it to be around $16120 including extras that I have asked them to do. This is Boat , motor & trailer. What do you mean "cc". Must be pretty price competative to compare with this !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote madspaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 8:30pm
madspaz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looks good there buddy.

What are the main differences between these and stabis?

Do they have long range?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 6:50am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Contract Contract wrote:

I am waiting for the final price, but  am expecting it to be around $16120 including extras that I have asked them to do. This is Boat , motor & trailer. What do you mean "cc". Must be pretty price competative to compare with this !

cc  = centre console
not a new one but looking at a 2000-20004 20-24ft model fully setup for 40k NZ landed.
things are real tough in the states and cheap boats everywhereWink got a mate heading over for 3 months and he needs something to do so he can check out boats for meLOLLOLLOL saves me having to go overWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 9:38am
Platinum
Platinum

The main difference between these and the Stabi's is the price from what I can tell.
A Stabi the same size with a 40hp E-tec is 30k, whereas the Frewza is 15k (albeit with a cheaper 40hp engine).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:01pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have had so many "private e-mails" on this project. Though I would post a couple of photos of layouts that I did not take up on. they were not suitable for what i wanted, but they may give someone else some more ideas. This config actually gives more room "up front" but will make it harder for us fat ******* to get into the boat when launching.
Also, for my purpose, it will only ever fish two !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 5:10pm
Platinum
Platinum

I will be interested to see where they run the remotes and steering.
The build is looking good, and having the boat customised is a big selling point- especially if it costs the same :-)
Just wish my boat would sell, and I'll definately be into one of these.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 9:24am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My boat is "on the way up". My only disappointment to date has been the running of the remotes and this is probably because I did not make myself clear enough at the beginning. The cables are inside a conduit down the hull side, but actually come out of the console about  20cm above the deck level. This cuts off the entire Star'bd side of the boat. I think I can rectify the problem with a few dollars and an alloy welder, once it gets to Auckland ~ so I am not too upset. (Boating is all about compromise)
When it arrives, I will post more pics.
Price ~ remember ~ I did not pay this figure, but for new orders, Brendan wants $18,500 delivered to Akld. This is for the basic high sided model with pedestal seat and rear pod. I have had isolating switches, the center console made water tight, filled in a portion of the topside extension, a switch panel put in, a change to the bollard / fairlead set-up , changes saftey rails & a few other little things.
The freight to Auckland is a grand, the high side surcharge is a grand, so I guess he now wants $16500 for the basic basic package ~ this up from $14999. I feel it is still very very good value and would like to hear from anyone else who thinks there is a better value offer on the market. (& no, I'm not on commission !)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 9:27am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Last 'factory photo". I want to call the boat "FUGLY" but am running into troubles with my wife !

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 9:52am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice looking little rig. I hope you did have the consol offset...it does make gettig around the boat much easier.
Very nice little rig indeed. Je suis jealous.
Congrats!
Although...2mm pontoons.... sounds a little thin, what are others made of, just out of curiousity?
Would a yammy motor have been a similar price?
Cheers, Stu.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 10:01am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I did not have the conole off set. I figured that "if it was good enough for Matt Watson ~ it was good enough for me !"
This will be a very selfish boat ~ 80% of the time there will be only one person in it. 20%, only two, so room is not really an issue. Pontoons are actually 2.5mm & hull is 3mm. There are 4 air chambers in the pontoons (& one under floor). 16 degree dead rise.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 5:13pm
Platinum
Platinum

Didn't take long for the price to start going upShocked
Page  <1234 195>