Hi Kerrin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacksprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Kerrin
    Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 10:04am
Jacksprat View Drop Down
New User
New User

Im new here and love fishing im 11 years old and my dad is gottaway. I love eeling,fishing on the wharfs,surf casting all sorts of fishing.If I catch a small or big fish makes no difference to me as long as I have fun Well thats all I have to say for today bye all
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 10:27am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome onboard JackSprat...

great to see you have picked up on a sport that is much better for you than play-box or whatever it is called.

please just ask if you have any questions and I really want to be one of the first to hear when you do

"catch the biggest fish alive"
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 11:26am
Paul M View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Jacksprat,

Have you thought about spearfishing, its much more fun and better for you and you will get into bigger fish. If you stick with fishing you will be fine untill you turn 18. At this stage you will be required to add a dozen cans of your favourite brew to your fishing kit, and unless you chug them all while out fishing you will be laughed at by your fellow fisherman.

On the other hand, its almost impossible to dive with a hangover and this in effect promotes far healthier habits.

Sorry to burden you with all this but you need to learn this at a young age as once set in your ways it will be harder to convert you.

Cheers

PS With a little hardwork and training you to could be like this guy.

Oops ... had ya till then didn't I.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 11:31am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Paul Paul Paul

Take your trench coat and get away from the young lad.

Jacksprat,

Lookout for Paul. He is trying to convert you to the darkside. Best you just ignore him.

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 11:48am
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey little JackSprat,

Don't listen to these guys okay? Bushpig is actually Michael Jackson in disguise and Paul is a Catholic Priest.

Welcome to the forums. When you have any questions just post them and we'll help you out.

My first tip for you is always wear a safety vest. I've been hearing about too many young guys falling off the warf lately. If you're surf casting and wading out. It's a definate must. Same thing on the rocks too.

Remember it's hard to breathe with your head under water. Denim Jeans and Gumboots are a no-no as they will weigh you down and you cant get them off in the water to swim. Kakhi Shorts and tennis shoes are the best and wear lots of 30+ sunscreen matey! Get yourself a good full brim fishing hat too.

Cheers

HF

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 4:06pm
The Dog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kakhi shorts tennis shoes and lots of 30+ sunscreen ,HF im starting to form a mental picture here and it aint nice,you sure your not a pom??????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 4:17pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

10 to 1 he looks a lot like John Candy
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 4:41pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

HF,  Are you talking "Bata Bullets" & Army Surplus shorts?

If so I'm in luck, always said that stuff would come back into fashion[8D]

Go to it Jacksprat---there's too many fish in the sea!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 4:45pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gidday Jacksprat
Have fun at Coromandel this weekend
If you have a dive mask, float around near the rocks at the small beach and you will see plenty of spottys. There is also a rope to swing from at the small beach. Heaps of rock pools with lots of interesting stuff and make sure that your father gets some mussels to smoke on the BBQ...its in the back porch
Have fun and let me know how you get on OK ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 9:04am
Spina View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Howdy Jacksprat , awsome to see some rising young talent in here  , you now have the xmas hollidays to spend fishing your heart out , good fishing.

Warning , dont take to much notice off these fellas that do the diving , they suffer from oxygen deprevation also a syndrome called shoot ya self in the foot and then try to seriously to put the foot in the mouth, spear and all.

Ho ho ho. cant wait to take my grandsons fishing over the hollidays.

Remember mate to respect the sea and the creatures that live in it and around it , also what ever your doing around the ocean always watch your back, the sea is a very hard task master and takes no prisoners.

Cheers , and i bet you do catch the biggest fish in the sea one day.

Dont waste your time trying to give me a hard time being in politics teaches one very quickly how to turn a deaf eye and a blind ear!
wheres my glasses cant find my hearing aids without them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 9:12am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome aboard Jack
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacksprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 10:56am
Jacksprat View Drop Down
New User
New User

wow i dident think i would get so many replies

thx every one

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 11:14am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good onya Jacksprat and welcome.

Only listen to the good advice on this site and you'll learn lots. There are a few dodgy characters in here so be careful.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 12:27pm
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bushpig,

10 to 1 That I look like John Candy???

You stalking me?  or have you noticed me stalking you?

I'm going to grow some eyes in the back of my head for a while. This Bushpig guy has me worried. Not sure who's the Hunter and who's the Hunted.

May this be a lesson for you and your Parents little JackSprat.

• Never tell anyone where you live.
  • Never tell anyone what school you go to.
  • Never tell them your real name.
  • Never show your picture in the Forum.
  • Never tell anyone where you will be at a certain time.

People like Michael Jackson might be lurking in the background of the forum.