April - June Bog seat nominations here

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April - June Bog seat nominations here
    Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 11:24am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Away we go fellas

I have had wispers of a couple of good nominations.....post em up here

Smile
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 11:26am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tobez tobez wrote:

well i am gonna add sunnkin that may..sway..the team

grubby was popper fishing on the front of eagle magic...with a all mighty roar, growling likea  lion grubby loads up his rod and releases it into the blue yonder...with all the energy needed to do such a great feat he forgot to concentrate on the task at hand and...boo ya..grubby poppered -  then popped the tender on the bow..he got his fair share of abuse on ch6 ...but this makes it ..fairerest..
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 3:56pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Indeed full confirmation of this scintilating piece of muppetery here_:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 1:56pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

I'd like to nominate Andy from Silverdale Bait and Tackle.

His crime? Refusing to let me put a recent TAS-athon on Phats' account (he reckoned the account was already overdrawn but I had a sneaking suspicion he didn't trust me. As if.)
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 2:02pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cant go to anyone apart from Dirty Oar!

Andy only lives about 1km away from you Bender.....he would make a good addition to the shore boysWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 2:05pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Ah actually, I know of someone whose misdeeds make Grubby's pale by comparison. All will no doubt be revealed in the fullness of time.

Trust me, there will be no deed that can beat this one. But its not for me to say, I am the model of discretion.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dirty Oar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:10am
Dirty Oar View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bender i say you have a few Scotchs and let the truth be told Wink

i have cleared a space on my lounge wall for my toilet seat if the truth does not surface though

that is all Dirty Oar aka Grubby Popper Duck Fukker
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:15am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Trust me you don't stand a chance.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:17am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Indeedy Bender we are all awaiting the surgical cutting wit you are clearly known for to bring this missdeed to the fore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dirty Oar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:18am
Dirty Oar View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Brilliant ... looking forward to hearing this one !

Must be some supreme A grade top shelf muppetry that has gone under tha radar Clown

bring it on lets hear it ...... you open to bribes Bender ??    Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 11:40am
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hurry the hell up!LOL
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:15pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

OK OK OK.

You will all be familiar with a certain Doctor, indeed, an eminent surgeon who is known to frequent these forums, particularly during the summer when it is game fishing season.

As you know he is also known to purvey the finest gamefishing lures and provide services in the hook sharpening department. It is the latter which gives cause to this extreme act of muppetry that has inspired his nomination for the Bog Seat.

Our Doctor has one clear rule for hook sharpening. One at a time. Never sharpen the hooks of a twin hook set up while they are still rigged together.

Except on this occasion, excited by the potential of his outstanding new man cave, he neglects to follow his number one rule (next he'll be leaving baitfish to look for marlin).

The hook sharpening device is a common or garden variety bench grinder with a cloth buffing wheel on one side.

He is using the buffing wheel (Gawd me eyes water just thinking about this bit) when the second hook catches in the wheel and before you know it the other hook (a Hays 11/0 no less, nothing small here) rips into the base of his thumb. It only stops when it hits the bone of the thumb joint.

The barb is also embedded in his flesh and we all know what that means, do we not thrill seekers? Yes, it's cutting time.

Our hero considers heading to the local A&E but realises that:-

1: He will first have to get past his wife who will never forgive him for this act of silliness
2: He doesn't fancy sitting around in the hospital corridor among 7 year olds with the flu for the next 17 hours

He sees a solution. Not elegant, but a way out of his predicamnt.

His eyes light upon his trusty Stanley knife. He grasps it, looking somewhat askance at the blunt, pitted blade. Single handed, and still attached via two 11/0 Hays Hooks and a length of stainless wire to the grinder, he is unable to change the blade for a fresh one.

He performs surgery on his hand with the Stanley knife to extract the hook.

(I have never heard the good Doctor swear). On this occasion a few blue words were uttered and he admitted that it "****ing hurt."

Perhaps his daughter summed it up best by saying "you were incredibly stupid and also incredibly brave."

Hear hear to that.

Punctured rubber duck DO? Sorry mate, not even close to this one.

Will anyone ever beat this?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:33pm
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You know, I really think we should have another physical trophy for this award. Not having to explain the just performed muppetry  to the good wife is one thing, but having to explain the magnificent trophy on the wall of his man cave to her would make up for the first escape. Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:37pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

now that is what I call being stitched up!...Wink...chin up and wide shoulders Obie! tis about time you received some "f.net.nz love".

PS....must admit to feeling a tad squimish when David retold the story to me a few weeks back!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 3:17pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Indeed I just happened to visit the day after that happened and it was amusing to hear Obald tell the story while blushing like a schoolgirl under the VERY stern gaze of his good lady.
Front up and salute the crew Obald. That is if the stitches have healed and the plaster is offBig%20smile 
Of course to compound the comody Obald is left handed so guess which hand had the hook buried in it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:51pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I give him one thing, it took balls to cut it out of himself
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wetdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:01pm
wetdream View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Bushpig Bushpig wrote:

I give him one thing, it took balls to cut it out of himself

Second that, suprized he can walk upright with nuts that big......that will take some beating.Clap
Like us on: facebook/stanleysigns.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dirty Oar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:57pm
Dirty Oar View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

that definatly gets my vote !!!

nice work Obald !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:46pm
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I never normally look at this thread - why would I?

The facts are embarrassingly true (but Bender missed the pulling of the hook out of the bone prior to cutting the skin Wink). Happened about three weeks ago now and although the skin wound is well healed the hand is still a bit sore. Never mind - worse things happen at sea (as we have recently seen).

It has proved to me that I can sharpen hooks that will penetrate bony objects - marlin bills, my own wrist, etc, etc.
Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:28pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very impressive. Hard to pick a piece of the story that is the most impressive.

When the scriptwriters for House or Greys Anatomy see this it should be the basis for a great episode.

Emergency well survived and handled in the first instance David but I bet you're dreading the extended pain when you have to pay the Toilet Seat Piper.
Page  123 4>