Posting Images

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Images
    Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 1:01pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Just a reminder on how to post Images....

The site accepts image sizes up to 4meg but will automatically re-size them to 450pixels wide which takes a bit of time.  If you can resize any images you want to upload to 450 pixels wide first the process is a lot faster.

1. Click on a 'reply' button and then click the image icon in the reply box NB: there is no image icon in the 'Quick Reply' box.

1. You have a couple of options. You can insert a picture (click in you post where you want the image to go) from your list you have aleady uploaded to the Fishing Website server (see the list under File Name - click on the image from your list then go to step 6) or you can select a new picture from your hard drive by clicking the browse button......

3. If you are loading a new picture select the one you want from your hard drive by double clicking on it.

4. ClicYou'll then see this screen - click the 'Upload' button

5. You'll get this message - click OK. If you're uploading a large file it will take a while to upload and then be resized. Large files will take even longer on dial-up and may crash and burn..... not recomended.

6. You'll then see the picture you want to insert into your post. Just click OK and it's done

Job done!
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 8:47pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As simple as all that seems,I still cannot post pictures.I click on the tree ,but the screen that comes up does not have a "browse" button-so I cannot select anything.I have just had my better half have a look and she has given up also.Any further advice??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 10:15pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Falco, it may have something to do with being a new user. If I remember correctly, you need to have a number of posts (20?) before you could post images. Mods, please help.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 10:17pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yep Keith is correct. 
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 10:33pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Falco - give that a shot now. I've dropped the number of posts required and you should be OK now...
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 9:24pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So how many posts before I can post photos now? or is that info on a "need to know" basis?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 10:28pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Actually you can ignore the above, I seem to have met the magic number.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viking... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 9:54pm
viking... View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is there still a restriction on posting images until you have a certain number of posts?

Likewise don't seem to have the Browse option.

Is it really necessary to have this restriction??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viking... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 9:58pm
viking... View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Seems to be all go now, maybe that number is 5? Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote VIKING 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 10:35pm
VIKING 3 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Change that it seems I can.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote VIKING 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 10:37pm
VIKING 3 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Trust you Boulder to spot the latest in   boyancy aids
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 8:25am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I cant post images.... every thing goes to plan but when i hit the  post reply button....nothing happens.....any ideas???

Cheers Wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 9:43pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can't post images using Opera, my preferred browser. Have to revert to IE7.
Site not following protocols?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 10:02pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah.. I have the same problem using Mozilla Firefox..

Have to revert to IE7 as well...

Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 8:23pm
rocko View Drop Down

If your using mozilla fire fox as a browser,fire fox 3 beta 5 seems to be more efficient  (which we use on 1 computer and use flock on the other computer.. using flock seems to allow image upload easily
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LOMBASOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 6:16pm
LOMBASOMB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

guerss i better get posting so i see the browse button! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2008 at 6:53am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been using Google Chrome and that uploads pictures, ok. Don't like IE.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote master_baiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 8:34am
master_baiter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all, newbie popping my posting cherry so i can then upload.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Omebic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:24am
Omebic View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Omebic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:25am
Omebic View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Whe I posted post is said it was spam?

Page  123 5>