fish on the sounder

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:16am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck today if your out there. yes, its hunters on 26/1.

Yes, NOT MUCH SIGN EH? -not quite on the spotsWink

The jimi signs look the biz. Can only imagine how many Kings there were that day..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:17am
JTF View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:21am
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

DEB want to jig up a snapper JT shes great a women after my own,Is Mr I coming up to dust of cobwebs?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-Of-Synit-Rods/137662896327800
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:31am
JTF View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:32am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL nice one.LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ginga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:35am
ginga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by stellajigger stellajigger wrote:

That first shot in JIMI'S post gives me a rockin hard on.

Cam you really do need to get out more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stellajigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:58am
stellajigger View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

True dat g
Live Bait , the Lance Armstrong of catching KINGFISH
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote murf007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 3:52pm
murf007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Roll on some westerly winds up our way aye Cam.........Sorry Kapiti boys but there is some serious cabin fever happening up this way.

The Bull Sh*t stops when the first jig drops
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 9:25pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is a photo of my sounder jimijig stirring the K's up at Sis 3a on the left is the zoom.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 5:35am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

some nice screen shots boys, have a simrad cx44 sounder, she is a doozy with a 1kw tranny, next time out i will try for some shots, am trying to figure out from your pics where the marlin are, you guys do know thats where its at ay. lol.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 7:28am
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

some nice screen shots boys, have a simrad cx44 sounder, she is a doozy with a 1kw tranny, next time out i will try for some shots, am trying to figure out from your pics where the marlin are, you guys do know thats where its at ay. lol.
sorry Bud no marlin in that photo we arnt blessed with BillFish down  this way Kingies is the best addrenalin we can find
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 7:34am
JTF View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 8:03am
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Theres a whole lot of party time on that screen torsa!!!! looks mint
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 8:53am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mozz mozz wrote:

Theres a whole lot of party time on that screen torsa!!!! looks mint

Mozz, Torsa and Jimi have their patch locked down with the use of their sounders and gps. This is after years of eperience. That screen represents some serious fun i can tell you! After being out with Torsa I've seen its possible to track fish and your jig and find spots that hold different fish like Snapper. It was an eye-opener for me. With all their success, they are still generous with sharing their knowledge and wisdom, whilst practising/preaching conservation in regard to their 'back yard'.

Thanks guys.  Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote studio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 9:39am
studio1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what transducer/mount are you guys running with the Furunos? I've got the 585 w the 600w transom. Thinks its mounted too high at the mo (still Tobez) - she loses the bottom around 18knts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 10:04am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by studio1 studio1 wrote:

what transducer/mount are you guys running with the Furunos? I've got the 585 w the 600w transom. Thinks its mounted too high at the mo (still Tobez) - she loses the bottom around 18knts.

The boat shop mounted mine too high as well. i had to take it back and get them to shift it to the other side as well. Pissed me off. It was loosing the bottom and skipping on the slightest chop. is sweet now though. It even said in the instructions that it had to be mounted as far below the hull as possible on craft cable of over 35 knots. At first the bottom of the tranny was bearly in line witht the bottom of the hull. Its now mounted on a nylon pad. the bracket should not extend below the bottom of the hull.
It IS possible to have good readings at all speeds. No compromise. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 10:27am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cheers guys, good luck with the fishing, your certainly putting in the hard yards, marlin on a jig, hell why not i have heard of them having a crack at pink and white off the back of the knights while guys were trying for yellowfin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote studio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 10:34am
studio1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers stabi, got my boat on a work stand today...will do some fiddlin.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 11:48pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Finally had a chance ot get out on me own boat this weekend, out over the Cobra Rock area, and this is the sort of sign I am used to finding out there.... oh, and the gain is wound right down as well!

Stacks and stacks of kingies. We could see them everywhere under the boat. Jigs, SPs, they were climbing over everything. The big problem was trying to get the larger ones among the masses of rats. Best we could manage out of the scrum were only 20lbs max, but still took home enough to fill the smoker for the guys.

cheers, Stu.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Memorymaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 7:31am
Memorymaker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Buying a good brand sounder and a top transducer is the key, losing the bottom is just not an option in any form of the game, and I'm sure there are plenty of arguements but to be successful time and again it is an absolute must. My experience is that the big girls do come from nearer the bottom, however the entire school could be big girls and the jig/bait is just getting hit early. I don't often catch big kings amongst rats but have located bigger fish by sounding other areas which can be very close by.
Fish don't make mistakes
Page  <123>